Original post by Revent
Sin City is ****ing amazing!
:colondollar: First time actually watching it

Only because of the Jessica Alba scene though obviously :p:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Revent
Sin City is ****ing amazing!
:colondollar: First time actually watching it
I love Sin City, Clive Owen is amazing! Are you going to be watching the sequel set to be released in 2013? :tongue:
Reply 6843
Original post by Deshi
Primal Fear
The Man from Nowhere (one of my favourites)
Running Scared
Spartan
The Pledge
A Perfect Getaway
Identity
Manhunter
Dead Man's Shoes
The Strangers
I Saw the Devil

Going to watch Primal Fear :excited:
Reply 6844
Original post by PoGo HoPz
I love Sin City, Clive Owen is amazing! Are you going to be watching the sequel set to be released in 2013? :tongue:

Yup. Providing that I'm actually here to watch it during my gap year :smile:

Original post by Mess.
Only because of the Jessica Alba scene though obviously :p:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I know she is sooooo hot in that film :lol: Tis a shame that they only show her 'getting started' at the bar :frown:
Reply 6845
I watched Training Day last night - it was a bit... uneven. The first period was really fantastic; then it all got very silly and and a bit contrived; then there a part that's really intense and seems almost to make up for earlier; then it gets silly again, and then sillier yet, and ends on a bit of a forced note. I also didn't like the way or understand why they had to cram everything into a day. It could have worked fine if as a film of one day if there had been a bit less in it; it probably would have worked fine as a film of a longer period if they wanted to keep it all. :dontknow:

Also, The Amazing Spiderman is out soon, and looks like it might actually be a decent watch. Apparently, Andrew Garfield is very good in it. :beard:

And finally, has everyone heard about Raging Bull 2 coming up? :holmes:

:rofl:
Reply 6847
Black Swan: 'Oh, my God! Oh, my God! You did! You fantasized about me! Haaa...was I good?'

:mmm:
There are times when I feel like this thread is eroding every meaningful connection I have with films, one memory at a time.
Reply 6849
Original post by Phalanges
There are times when I feel like this thread is eroding every meaningful connection I have with films, one memory at a time.

Why? :unsure:
Reply 6850
Original post by Abiraleft
I watched Training Day last night - it was a bit... uneven. The first period was really fantastic; then it all got very silly and and a bit contrived; then there a part that's really intense and seems almost to make up for earlier; then it gets silly again, and then sillier yet, and ends on a bit of a forced note. I also didn't like the way or understand why they had to cram everything into a day. It could have worked fine if as a film of one day if there had been a bit less in it; it probably would have worked fine as a film of a longer period if they wanted to keep it all. :dontknow:

I really liked Training Day. This is still one of my favourite speeches ever..

[video="youtube;6KrNpxODiDA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrNpxODiDA[/video]

Denzel is a BEAST
Original post by Deshi
I really liked Training Day. This is still one of my favourite speeches ever..

Denzel is a BEAST

It's strange really. If I had never watched a Denzel Washington picture before, and someone were to give me the synopsis, I'd probably have a completely negative image. However, I find myself loving his films, every damn time. Granted, I've only seen half a dozen or so, though I'm never disappointed.

As far as Training Day goes: the scene where he first fires up the Cadillac, and ups the suspension. I hate to admit it, though that scene kicks so much arse. The speech is awesome too, as you say.

Anyway, this morning I watched Takashi Nomura's A Colt Is My Passport. I was absolutely blown away. I understand Nomura isn't the first director who comes to mind when speaking of the Japanese masters, though that's not to say he doesn't have a right to be put in the same group. This film is amazing, and I can't believe it's as recondite and little-known as it is. A real gem, buried in the recesses. Criterion (the version I watched) have a stunning copy available.

Besides, A Colt Is My Passport- could that title possibly be improved?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6852
Original post by Deshi
Primal Fear
The Man from Nowhere (one of my favourites)
Running Scared
Spartan
The Pledge
A Perfect Getaway
Identity
Manhunter
Dead Man's Shoes
The Strangers
I Saw the Devil

I liked Primal Fear, it ended in the best way it could, it was so obvious and therefore so unexpected!

I have seen Running scared before, it's a dramatic film, very tense.
Identity did impress me, very complex one.
Reply 6853
Saw Abe today :smile:
It was alright, I didn't expect much, but it's much better than I expected.
Reply 6854
Any more good thrillers ?
I just got Drive Angry, Cowboys and Aliens, Battle Los Angeles and The Rite.

HURRAH FOR TRASHY FILMS.
Reply 6856
Original post by concubine
I just got Drive Angry, Cowboys and Aliens, Battle Los Angeles and The Rite.

HURRAH FOR TRASHY FILMS.

Could not watch Cowboys and Aliens, all the others are good
Original post by Na-dia
Could not watch Cowboys and Aliens, all the others are good

I'm about 50 minutes in and have yet to see an alien, though I haven't really been paying attention.

I DEMAND ALIENS.
Okay, the aliens are kinda lame.
Reply 6859
:biggrin: Hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest