The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Last nights episode was great.Like the original series.
I think that it's silly however they hardly ever use there powers.
Can you imagine Heroes if they never used there powers
Love last nights episode :biggrin:. I agree they need to use their powers more.

Am I the only one who loved the first episode of this series?
I enjoyed the episode.

At the end I was just like O_o..... just how it looked rather than it happened, because I guessed he lost it, at first. Didn't guess the second realistically depiction part of it though.

I suspect that it was the wasted girl (can't remember her name) power that marked how many partners they had plus she's in the credits so I guess one of the member of the group were using their powers.
Original post by Curly_hair_girl
I enjoyed the episode.

At the end I was just like O_o..... just how it looked rather than it happened, because I guessed he lost it, at first. Didn't guess the second realistically depiction part of it though.

I suspect that it was the wasted girl (can't remember her name) power that marked how many partners they had plus she's in the credits so I guess one of the member of the group were using their powers.

The numbers came from that guy (or girl, can't remember) who asked his/her partner how many people she'd slept with. She said 4, the number 11 then came up on her head which didn't seem to suprise him at all, and he then called her a lire and walked off, so presumably it was his power, and when he used it the group were walking past so they must have taken the effects of the power as well.
Original post by justanotherposter
The numbers came from that guy (or girl, can't remember) who asked his/her partner how many people she'd slept with. She said 4, the number 11 then came up on her head which didn't seem to suprise him at all, and he then called her a lire and walked off, so presumably it was his power, and when he used it the group were walking past so they must have taken the effects of the power as well.

I thought I've might been wrong, read that scene wrong, I guess.
I loved this week's episode! It make me laugh about three times which is very unusual for me, even when watching comedy. The probation worker singing 'The Power of Love'. :rofl: I'm really starting to love the new characters as well, especially Jess. Abby looks like she's going to be a great addition too - let's hope she's permanent.
Original post by ArtGoblin
I loved this week's episode! It make me laugh about three times which is very unusual for me, even when watching comedy. The probation worker singing 'The Power of Love'. :rofl: I'm really starting to love the new characters as well, especially Jess. Abby looks like she's going to be a great addition too - let's hope she's permanent.

this.
the previous episodes have been mediocre, and was getting turned oof by it, but this week made me laugh and it was interesting :biggrin:
I hated this week's episode. It was a crock of s***e.
Terrible storyline, terrible powers.
A woman who steals a man's penis, really.Doesn't even make sense.
A transgender doesn't want the other gender's genitals. They want to be another gender.
And the pregnant woman who transferred her pregnancy, stupid and pointless as well.
Abby's power is absurd as well, how is amnesia even a power.
It was full of predictable boring crude sex jokes as usual about penises, Rudy's penis and transgender jokes.
This series has been so dissapointing and that episode was so crap, it was unreal.
This series is going to get cancelled if they don't get there act together.
It has become stale and boring, with no story arc, predictable crude OTT humour which isn't funny or clever.They seem to think if they say words like Cock, it's edgy. It's not.
The new characters aren't well drawn and are becoming boring.
Rudy is become stale as well.
Really? I'd say this episode was funnier than usual with the probation worker unexpectedly doing karaoke, why did you think the pregnancy bit was pointless?
Yes the whole missing penis thing was a bit absurd, and didn't really work as well as it could of, but it was only a small part of the episode really.
Amnesia isn't a power, we don't even know if that is her power, she just happens to have got amnesia, her shadow disappears in the opening credits, I get the feeling she may have not have actually existed before the storm happened, it would explain why noone is looking for her, you'd think at her age even with amnesia she'd have had friends who'd recognise her on the street and explain to her who she is.
Rudy isn't getting stale, he spent most of the episode being lovestruck, which showed a different side to him (whilst remaining hilarious throughout,) the crude jokes have been in from day 1, the first episode had Alisha simulating a blow job on a water bottle for Gods sake!
Whilst Finn is a poor character in my opinion Jess is a very good character, far more interesting than most of the original Misfits, it's too early to really know what Abby is going to be like, I expect Jess' boyfriend will get ditched soon, now he has his penis back I can see him turning back to his old self.
Reply 4129
Original post by Curtis Donovan

A woman who steals a man's penis, really.Doesn't even make sense.
A transgender doesn't want the other gender's genitals. They want to be another gender.

That's so not true it's not even funny... you don't actually know anything of transgender at all... although, I guess some Trans* people might actually feel that way, but it'd probably come under third-gender or even simply other..

Anyway, I can't see what doesn't make sense about it, he really wanted a penis so stole one, I can understand that, the desire to have the genitals that conform to your gender identity can be so strong, so I think the power makes perfect sense. But it was very selfish to take it from Alex, why not find a transwoman? She would love to give it away, then they could both be happy!
I liked it as a whole! Still not up to season 1 standards but still and enjoyable watch.
I think Abby's power might have something to do with the fact that she never seems to get drunk, just passes out and is then completely sober - forgetting the night before linked to her amnesia?
This series wasn't good enough.... nothing much happened. There wasn't enough chemistry between the misfits. bleurgh.......
The last episode was really odd :s

Does anyone know why Alex kept staring at some point in his bedroom while he slept with two girls? What on earth was all that about?
Original post by outlaw-torn

Does anyone know why Alex kept staring at some point in his bedroom while he slept with two girls? What on earth was all that about?

Isn't that what you guys do when in a threesome? :s-smilie:
Original post by Curtis Donovan
I wasn't to keen on Sunday's ep.
I thought it was depressing and to be honest,
I think it's starting to get a little stale.
It doesn't help that I really dislike Finn.
And I am getting fed up with the OTT crudeness this year.
Even last year, the crudeness was witty and hilarious.
Now it's Cock jokes every 5 minutes.
It really should end now.I have been/and still am a huge Misfits fan.
I loved the first and second series and thought they were brilliant.
I really like the 3rd series as well and thought Rudy was a great addition.
His power was a brilliant idea.And there were some great episodes.
And This year I thought i'd give the show a chance,and not be a whiny fanboy,
bumming the old cast and Robert Sheehan, before bothering watching it.
Which is stupid.I have watched every episode of this present series and thought
the 3rd and 4th episodes were excellent. The first was quite good.The 2nd not bad.
But I didn't like 5th episode. The main problem I have with present series is there isn't a clear story arc.
The new characters just aren't as well drawn as past characters. We still don't know why jess and finn are
in community service. The OTT Crudeness is a massive problem as well. It's as if they've gone backwards.
It used to be so witty and brilliantly written.Sure they had jokes about tripling,people's penises on phones and nasty snatch gunk.But it was funny.Now i'm concerned it's going to become terrible. Another huge problem I have, there's hardly any use of any powers.
The thing is I don't mind this series and have liked some of the episodes but am concerned for it. I just think Overman should end it next year before it becomes complete crap as it is getting stale.And once things start to go stale.You have to end it.
Prison Break had the right idea ending it, when it did.
I am however happy about a film been made about misfits, which will contain both past and present characters.

I battled through your incredibly hard to read post, and I agree with everything you say.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Isn't that what you guys do when in a threesome? :s-smilie:

I meant when he slept with Jess and then when he cheated on her, not a threesome :tongue:
I meant when he slept with Jess and then when he cheated on her, not a threesome :tongue:

Yes I was just embarrassing myself, as I haven't watched the past few episodes. I did think it was a bit of a shock :wink:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Yes I was just embarrassing myself, as I haven't watched the past few episodes. I did think it was a bit of a shock :wink:

I've just googled it and apparently he was watching himself in the mirror whilst having sex :s

I was wondering that too :confused:. Checking that he was doing it right, perhaps? :hmmmm:

This series kinda disappointed me. Too many odd powers, odd storylines, and a lot of loose ends not tied up. Looks like they ended it so another series will be coming up, but I'm worried this programme is just dragging on too much.

Quick Reply

Latest