The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody watched Les Miserables yet? I heard it was not very good.

Two films I would like to watch at the moment are Beautiful Creature and Mama. They trailers for both of them look very good.
Reply 8381
Original post by The_Dragonborn
How it should have ended...

You have no power here!

Welcome to the FFS Chat Thread. :biggrin: The answer to the question you quoted is here, by the way. :p:
The original Django is excellent.
Reply 8384
Original post by Colonel.

I liked it as well. :yep: Despite the cheesiness of some moments. :p:
Reply 8385
Django Unchained was awesome. The mask scene was absolutely hilarious.
Finished off Terrence Malick's filmography last night by watching Days of Heaven, The New World and The Tree of Life. Would rate all five of his films in the range of good to near damn perfect. Now to wait a week or so to see To The Wonder :biggrin:
Reply 8387
Original post by Hugo Rune
Finished off Terrence Malick's filmography last night by watching Days of Heaven, The New World and The Tree of Life. Would rate all five of his films in the range of good to near damn perfect. Now to wait a week or so to see To The Wonder :biggrin:

You watched three Terence Malick films in one night? :zomg:
Original post by Abiraleft
You watched three Terence Malick films in one night? :zomg:

Watched the first two then couldn't sleep, so got up to watch TToL :colondollar:
Watched the first two then couldn't sleep, so got up to watch TToL :colondollar:

I am sure that put you to sleep.
I think I have to give TTOL another chance. only managed to sit through the 20 mins of the leaves and trees.
Original post by Colonel.

True, that machine gun.
Original post by Thugnificent.
I am sure that put you to sleep.
I think I have to give TTOL another chance. only managed to sit through the 20 mins of the leaves and trees.

I really enjoyed it tbh. I don't think it's a masterpiece but the ambition, ideas and thoughts from Malick really make it worth a watch through. Definitely worth a second shot :yy:
I really enjoyed it tbh. I don't think it's a masterpiece but the ambition, ideas and thoughts from Malick really make it worth a watch through. Definitely worth a second shot :yy:

I thought TToL was really excellent. Not quite as good as Days of Heaven for me, but on a par with The Thin Red Line, which I love too.
Original post by Plato's Trousers
I thought TToL was really excellent. Not quite as good as Days of Heaven for me, but on a par with The Thin Red Line, which I love too.

Me too. I was expecting it to be quite hard work due to the amount of complaints and dislikes I'd seen about it but the ~2 hours went by in no time for me.

Agree with you on Days of Heaven, not so much on The Thin Red Line. DoH was the damn near perfect one I was referring to earlier :tongue: The stunning visuals, fragmented looking back telling of it, the 'epic film' feel - fairly sublime really. I think TTRL is my least favourite (although still good) but maybe that'll change when I rewatch having seen Malick full filmography. I certainly think having seen DoH before TToL made me appreciate TToL more than I would've if I'd not seen DoH beforehand, if that makes any sense at all!
I will watch one of these tonight:

Amores Perres
Amour
Beasts of the Southern Wild
End of Watch
La Haine
Lawless
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Little Miss Sunshine
Rust and Bone
The Book of Eli
Zindagi Na Milegi

Which one?
Reply 8395

:lol:

danny111

Depends on what sort of thing you want to watch, but I'd recommend both Beasts of the Southern Wild and Lincoln. :smile:
Original post by danny111
I will watch one of these tonight:

Amores Perres
Amour
Beasts of the Southern Wild
End of Watch
La Haine
Lawless
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Little Miss Sunshine
Rust and Bone
The Book of Eli
Zindagi Na Milegi

Which one?

Little Miss Sunshine. One of the best films of 2006, if not the best
Reply 8397
Thoughts on How to Train Your Dragon?

I enjoyed it but think it would have been much better watching it on the big screen.
Original post by Deshi
Django Unchained was awesome. The mask scene was absolutely hilarious.

See I liked it but I thought they stretched the joke out for far too long.

Original post by Deshi
Thoughts on How to Train Your Dragon?

I enjoyed it but think it would have been much better watching it on the big screen.

It's an animated film which is good because you go in not expecting much (as opposed to say a Pixar film) and then you come out pleasantly surprised about how good it was.

In that regard, it's like Despicable Me and Tangled, which I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed. :pierre:
(edited 11 years ago)
I cannot wait for MAN of STEEL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest