The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M1 JANUARY 2005 QUESTION 5ii - triangle of forces :/ - help please! :)

I suck at the triangle of forces... can anyone please explain how to do this question?

Will rep :smile:

thanks in advance
Can you post the question? If you mean resolving forces, all you need to do is draw a line representing the force you wish to resolve. Then make that into a right-angled triangle by drawing a line parallel and perpendicular to the plane/line you wish to resolve. Do some geometry to work out where the angle goes, and then do a bit more geometry to get expressions for the parallel and perpendicular sides in terms of the angle and original force. I've done a brief answer example in this post, but if you want more specific (or different) just post again and I'm sure someone will help :smile:

TPhoto_00019.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by Implication
Can you post the question? If you mean resolving forces, all you need to do is draw a line representing the force you wish to resolve. Then make that into a right-angled triangle by drawing a line parallel and perpendicular to the plane/line you wish to resolve. Do some geometry to work out where the angle goes, and then do a bit more geometry to get expressions for the parallel and perpendicular sides in terms of the angle and original force. I've done a brief answer example in this post, but if you want more specific (or different) just post again and I'm sure someone will help :smile:

TPhoto_00019.jpg

oh no I can do those, they're like my best friend lol

I've attached the question below
cats.jpg

& this one too :frown:
cats2.jpg - part iv... I've got the simultaneous equations... no idea how to solve them though :frown:
Reply 3
bump, anyone?
Reply 4
Original post by aishamarie
oh no I can do those, they're like my best friend lol

I've attached the question below
cats.jpg

& this one too :frown:
cats2.jpg - part iv... I've got the simultaneous equations... no idea how to solve them though :frown:

For question 7)IV) Capture.JPG
Reply 5
Original post by vsmahal
For question 7)IV) Capture.JPG

thanks, but it's still not working out for me lol I think I'm hopeless:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest