The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster - Freshers 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danburgess_
Ah sweet! see you there, It will be a long way down to London from up here.

Yeah haha I can't wait though :-D
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hi everyone, ive made a Facebook group called 'university of Westminster- Harrow halls' for people who have applied to live in the harrow halls 2014-2015 so everyone can speak to each other :-D
Original post by TashaLambert
Hi everyone, ive made a Facebook group called 'university of Westminster- Harrow halls' for people who have applied to live in the harrow halls 2014-2015 so everyone can speak to each other :-D

shall check that out. Am on phone. Would you mind sending me a link to the page. Also nice to meet you x
Reply 63
Slightly confused, if we're freshers aren't all of us meant to be at Student Court since Student Court is where all first-years go to?
Reply 64
Original post by tabishy
How many have applied here with grades which are exactly the same as entry requirements and got offers anyway? E.g., business needs a 28 at IB and I applied with exactly a 28, not sure what my chances are like.

Also, how long did it take for you guys to get an offer after applying?

I got my offer a few months after applying, although that's because I still had to give portfolio and interview since i applied to film and TV.

You should probably e-mail or contact them cause most people already got replies from the uni :|
Reply 65
Original post by tabishy
Slightly confused, if we're freshers aren't all of us meant to be at Student Court since Student Court is where all first-years go to?

It depends on the campus :smile: if you are in Regent Street, then you only have Wembley :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237775293085106/ link to the facebook group 'University of Westminister- Harrow Halls' for people who may be moving into the Harrow Halls 2014/2015
Original post by SkullWillow155
shall check that out. Am on phone. Would you mind sending me a link to the page. Also nice to meet you x

Nice to meet you too. I only started the group yesterday so no members yet but hopefully I can get more people so that a lot of people can be introduced to each other =) heres the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/237775293085106/
Reply 68
Hi guys I'm Riani, 18 from Indonesia (currently living in Singapore). I'm going to hopefully be studying Film & TV Production, although I haven't firmed yet since I'm still deciding between going to Westminster or a university in the US. Though I think I'm going to end up in UK cause of the fee
Hi, is anybody on here going to be studying illustration, haven't found anyone yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by italian18
It depends on the campus :smile: if you are in Regent Street, then you only have Wembley :smile:

Oh I see. What if you're at WM Business School (Marylebone Campus)?
Original post by tabishy
Oh I see. What if you're at WM Business School (Marylebone Campus)?

Only people on the Harrow Campus can apply to that accommodation; every other undergraduate student can only apply to Westminster's accommodation at Student Court Wembley (unless you fancy going private) 😊
Original post by elmward1996
Only people on the Harrow Campus can apply to that accommodation; every other undergraduate student can only apply to Westminster's accommodation at Student Court Wembley (unless you fancy going private) 😊

And if you are an international student (I'm from Spain) on the Regent Campus? Could I apply to any other accomodation?
Original post by eamigable
And if you are an international student (I'm from Spain) on the Regent Campus? Could I apply to any other accomodation?

Only student court or finding private accommodation for your first year I think, although you could email them to check for certain as I've just looked online and it now says that Victoria Hall is available for new and continuing undergraduates😊
Reply 74
Alright hey guys, just firmed on Westminster.. hopefully I don't regret the decision!

My name's Tabish - I'm Canadian-Mixed, and 19 years old. I graduated high school last year in Singapore then took a gap year where I traveled around and worked at a couple of places and now I'm (hopefully) off to London! I'm kinda concerned that the city and London in general may just overwhelm me a bit but it's still an exciting experience to look forward to. Y'all can add me on Facebook here or follow my Twitter here or whatever. Hit me up :~)
Original post by tabishy
Alright hey guys, just firmed on Westminster.. hopefully I don't regret the decision!

My name's Tabish - I'm Canadian-Mixed, and 19 years old. I graduated high school last year in Singapore then took a gap year where I traveled around and worked at a couple of places and now I'm (hopefully) off to London! I'm kinda concerned that the city and London in general may just overwhelm me a bit but it's still an exciting experience to look forward to. Y'all can add me on Facebook here or follow my Twitter here or whatever. Hit me up :~)

What are you studying? And don't worry! We won't be living in the center of London, so if you want to be away from the constant liveliness and noise if the city then you can just be sat in your room and it will be as if you're not even in London and you will always have it easily accessible to you so it's the best of both worlds really
Reply 76
Original post by kyleunwin
What are you studying? And don't worry! We won't be living in the center of London, so if you want to be away from the constant liveliness and noise if the city then you can just be sat in your room and it will be as if you're not even in London and you will always have it easily accessible to you so it's the best of both worlds really

Sweet, cheers for that! Business Management, and yourself? Student Court too I presume? The housing website won't let me log in to apply, says my 'details are not found', though my student number and (new) passwords are correct. Kinda worried now haha but hopefully Westminster will keep their guarantee of providing international first year students with some form of accommodation or another.
Original post by tabishy
Sweet, cheers for that! Business Management, and yourself? Student Court too I presume? The housing website won't let me log in to apply, says my 'details are not found', though my student number and (new) passwords are correct. Kinda worried now haha but hopefully Westminster will keep their guarantee of providing international first year students with some form of accommodation or another.

Last year I applied to Westminster and didn't tell them I was planning a gap year until the middle of August and because I hadn't applied for accommodation or anything they kept sending me emails trying to help me find some, and I'm not even an international student so I'm sure they'll be even more helpful with you!
Yeah I'm applying for student court, hopefully anyway.

Have you emailed Westminster? I had an issue or two while applying but they were straight onto it for me!
Reply 78
Hey guys. Finally I found some 2014/15 freshers here :biggrin: my name's Helena and I applied for european legal studies. I hope everything is going to work out so I can also start at westminster in september.
I am really looking forward to it but I'm a bit nervous about it and also from moving away from home..
Original post by TashaLambert
Hi, is anybody on here going to be studying illustration, haven't found anyone yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be studying illustration too! c:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending