The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography B

Just wondering how everybody is feeling and what case studies people have. I'm not very confident but I'm at least hoping for a C ahaha.
Reply 1
Same here...
Reply 2
Original post by ebruxoxo
Same here...

I haven't even completed the coursework yet and nobody is confident my teacher will send it off in time (this friday)... so yeah I'm screwed
Reply 3
Original post by youmeatsox
I haven't even completed the coursework yet and nobody is confident my teacher will send it off in time (this friday)... so yeah I'm screwed

Im doing foundation and im trying to get a B on it..i dont think i can do it ! confidence so low ah...

I got 1 mark of an A* in coursework but i need to get pretty much full marks on each paper to get a B overall...
Reply 4
Im doing foundation and im trying to get a B on it..i dont think i can do it ! confidence so low ah...

I got 1 mark of an A* in coursework but i need to get pretty much full marks on each paper to get a B overall...

really? what did you think of paper one? apparently people were crying in the exam halls and stuff. my teacher went on a forum and they were all really angry at the wording of the question and the lack of case studies. the foundation paper was so easy compared to the higher! paper two is my strongest though so hopefully i can pull up my grades through that.
Reply 5
really? what did you think of paper one? apparently people were crying in the exam halls and stuff. my teacher went on a forum and they were all really angry at the wording of the question and the lack of case studies. the foundation paper was so easy compared to the higher! paper two is my strongest though so hopefully i can pull up my grades through that.

Oh helll yeah.. my school..so many people were crying apparently the higher paper was terrible!! My school is complaining about the lack of case studies and im sure grade boundaries would be low so thats cool.. (i hope)
And to be honest.. i found foundation paper 1 easy..hopefully did very well on it..some foundation students saying its hard is ridiculous aaha! and oh my paper one is stronger than paper two.. do you have any tips for it!? x
I REALLY hope the grade boundaries are low, because i worked so hard and i just feel that all of my hours of revision were pointless, because i didn't need anything that i learnt. The questions were vague and stupid and it was just a disgrace. It was nothing like the past papers which meant that we had hardly any preparation for what we were faced with...not to mention the fact that there wasn't enough time. I cried when i got home :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh helll yeah.. my school..so many people were crying apparently the higher paper was terrible!! My school is complaining about the lack of case studies and im sure grade boundaries would be low so thats cool.. (i hope)
And to be honest.. i found foundation paper 1 easy..hopefully did very well on it..some foundation students saying its hard is ridiculous aaha! and oh my paper one is stronger than paper two.. do you have any tips for it!? x

Sounds like you'll deffo get a B :-----). uhhh i just like watch the news and keep up with current affairs because it's kind of political and social and stuff, and thats the stuff im interested in. i just use london for practically every MEDC case study as well because there's so much to talk about, though im not sure how much i'll need case studies now ahaha x
Reply 8
Original post by doodlecubes
I REALLY hope the grade boundaries are low, because i worked so hard and i just feel that all of my hours of revision were pointless, because i didn't need anything that i learnt. The questions were vague and stupid and it was just a disgrace. It was nothing like the past papers which meant that we had hardly any preparation for what we were faced with...not to mention the fact that there wasn't enough time. I cried when i got home :/

teachers have said that the higher gcse geog was harder than the AS level geog! i know i learnt all about montserrat, iceland, kashmir, california, holderness etc. etc. THE QUESTIONS WERE RIDICULOUSLY VAGUE. i think i scored a minimum of 1 mark per question, but as long as i get a C tbh i wouldn't be bothered. i was kind of hoping for a B but oh well.
Reply 9
Sounds like you'll deffo get a B :-----). uhhh i just like watch the news and keep up with current affairs because it's kind of political and social and stuff, and thats the stuff im interested in. i just use london for practically every MEDC case study as well because there's so much to talk about, though im not sure how much i'll need case studies now ahaha x

i really hope so! i will do those things, thank you!!! x
teachers have said that the higher gcse geog was harder than the AS level geog! i know i learnt all about montserrat, iceland, kashmir, california, holderness etc. etc. THE QUESTIONS WERE RIDICULOUSLY VAGUE. i think i scored a minimum of 1 mark per question, but as long as i get a C tbh i wouldn't be bothered. i was kind of hoping for a B but oh well.

100% will be low grade boundaries, my school is complaining and no one in the country was able to do it so..im pretty sure it will be like 20 for A ahah
Reply 11
ohh I thought that I was the only one that was puzzled with the edexcel geography exam

so much for learning my case studies

Quick Reply

Latest