The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography (Edexcel B)

Does anyone know the grade boundaries? If so, could you please state what is needed to get a grade 9,8,7,6 and 5 please.

Much appreciated
Original post by z4ra.x
Does anyone know the grade boundaries? If so, could you please state what is needed to get a grade 9,8,7,6 and 5 please.

Much appreciated

Let’s hope my grade boundary knowledge is okay. (This was from the list in my school since we did Edexcel B)
89% was a 9 (i think, it might be 84)
74% was an 8 (i think)
67% was a 7.
59% was a 6
52% was a 5

this is roughly from the top of my head. but trust me - geography is not as hard as you think especially because half of it is common sense.
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
Let’s hope my grade boundary knowledge is okay. (This was from the list in my school since we did Edexcel B)
89% was a 9 (i think, it might be 84)
74% was an 8 (i think)
67% was a 7.
59% was a 6
52% was a 5

this is roughly from the top of my head. but trust me - geography is not as hard as you think especially because half of it is common sense.

THANK YOUUU - You're a life saver!

Not many people do Edexcel B, so that's why I was struggling to get the boundaries.
Original post by z4ra.x
THANK YOUUU - You're a life saver!

Not many people do Edexcel B, so that's why I was struggling to get the boundaries.

aw you’re welcome! edexcel b is a great exam board too. let me know if you want any question structures to the 16, 12 or 8 mark questions. (:
Reply 4
Original post by JA03
aw you’re welcome! edexcel b is a great exam board too. let me know if you want any question structures to the 16, 12 or 8 mark questions. (:

Hi! I'm not sure if this account is still active but with edexcel B i've struggled to find quick revision content, by that i mean just a recap I could use prior to a past paper,
Is there anything you may reccomend?
Original post by coloursun
Hi! I'm not sure if this account is still active but with edexcel B i've struggled to find quick revision content, by that i mean just a recap I could use prior to a past paper,

The CGP revision guide is really good and there's some revision material on PMT (physics and maths tutor) which could be useful. I would recommend using those for content and using the past papers for consolidation and answer structure - I can give a few, mainly for the 4,8 and 16 markers.
Reply 6
Original post by JA03
The CGP revision guide is really good and there's some revision material on PMT (physics and maths tutor) which could be useful. I would recommend using those for content and using the past papers for consolidation and answer structure - I can give a few, mainly for the 4,8 and 16 markers.

Yes please! Could you share those structures?

Hii, I make my notes by combining all the past paper/specimen questions for each sub-topic + by using the pearson edexcel geo b guide (as it summarises everything in one page format + has worked questions + one practice question that you can try with answers on the back). Cgp is helpful as well if you're struggling to understand a topic.
I also recommend time for geography if you want to stretch/enhance your existing knowledge, they have videos that put all the info you learn into context so you can relate it to real-life scenarios.
Reply 8
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hii, I make my notes by combining all the past paper/specimen questions for each sub-topic + by using the pearson edexcel geo b guide (as it summarises everything in one page format + has worked questions + one practice question that you can try with answers on the back). Cgp is helpful as well if you're struggling to understand a topic.
I also recommend time for geography if you want to stretch/enhance your existing knowledge, they have videos that put all the info you learn into context so you can relate it to real-life scenarios.

Thank you!!
Yes please! Could you share those structures?

4 and 8 markers are the same almost, 8 is just longer.
4: point, explain x2
8: point, explain x4 OR, if it requires data. you do point, explain x2 with 4 points of data. You'll need to practise some exam papers to differentiate between them.
describe questions: GSE; general trend, specifically (highest, lowest, etc) and any exceptions to the general trend. USE DATA.
16: FART
For: for your choice
Against: against your choice
Reject: reject the other 2 choices (explaining why they're not suitable)
Tie: tie it all together; conclusion
Reply 10
Original post by JA03
4 and 8 markers are the same almost, 8 is just longer.
4: point, explain x2
8: point, explain x4 OR, if it requires data. you do point, explain x2 with 4 points of data. You'll need to practise some exam papers to differentiate between them.
describe questions: GSE; general trend, specifically (highest, lowest, etc) and any exceptions to the general trend. USE DATA.
16: FART
For: for your choice
Against: against your choice
Reject: reject the other 2 choices (explaining why they're not suitable)
Tie: tie it all together; conclusion

ooh, but i think this is for another board as i do edexcel b, the highest mark in a question is 8, but tysm
ooh, but i think this is for another board as i do edexcel b, the highest mark in a question is 8, but tysm

16 Mark question is in paper 3. Your teachers wouldn't tell you about this until later on in the year closer to the exams because paper 3 has all the topics in it. It is 12 marks but there's 4 for spag so it adds up to 16.

Quick Reply

Latest