The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French - Monday 12th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

I didn't like the Solar Panel question in the listening!!! It was surprisingly harder than I thought they were gonna be so I didn't do any revision for it!! :L
Reply 61
Original post by itishannah
IT'S SO REASSURING TO KNOW THAT I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND BOTH THE TESTS HARD!!!
and by the way in the reading, did anyone else notice the guy who said he had been saving up to buy solar panels since he was 10....... i was like really m8

I thought it meant it would take him 10 years to make a saving on installation cost.Could have been anything though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ABand98
I thought it meant it would take him 10 years to make a saving on installation cost.Could have been anything though

..................that's probably what it meant... that sounds a lot more rational lol. I was thinking it was reeeaaly strange for a 10 year old to want a solar panel....
Reply 63
Original post by itishannah
IT'S SO REASSURING TO KNOW THAT I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND BOTH THE TESTS HARD!!!
and by the way in the reading, did anyone else notice the guy who said he had been saving up to buy solar panels since he was 10....... i was like really m8

For 10 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by ArianaGrandeFan
I didn't like the Solar Panel question in the listening!!! It was surprisingly harder than I thought they were gonna be so I didn't do any revision for it!! :L

Exactly, normally they have easy questions but now (thank you Mr Gove) the questions are actually difficult!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys get for the positive negative question in the listening?
Listening:
Unless the questions were meant to deceive you and trick you I thought this was really easy...
Until the first writing bit where it suddenly just got so much more harder. The solar panel question was hell :frown:
All I got was economic benefit for the first one and the there was sunshine for the last one :frown: got no disadvantages....
Last question weirdly was the easiest... "Physical exercise" is what I believe they said so that was shockingly easy.
Overall - the paper was of a hard medium difficulty

Reading:
To sort this out...
USA had good
Brazil + uk had mixed
Australia had bad.....
I learnt what a refuse collector was :wink:
The question about the house party was jokes with the police cone in and the lipstick on walls. Thought exams were meant to be serious :smile: I failed to get 2 of the 8 marks on that but I'm quite sure I got the other parts right.
The last question was hard. I got all advantages if smart phones etc but none for TV and radio :frown:
Overall - difficulty was easy medium for me
Reply 67
Original post by Angelo12231
craaaaaaaapppp i wrote sweeping the streets cuz i didnt know -_-

I wrote sweeping the streets too,the guy said that he got on well with the team who empty out the bins, so I inferred from that that he wasn't a refuse collector himself... think I might have tried to be too clever :frown:
Did anyone get for the one about Gap Years:
A
K
A
T
K
T
Original post by Bazbaz
I wrote sweeping the streets too,the guy said that he got on well with the team who empty out the bins, so I inferred from that that he wasn't a refuse collector himself... think I might have tried to be too clever :frown:

I did exactly the same thing! The french is always easy but the questions are very ambiguous…I still think it could be road sweeper though, who refers to themselves in the third person?
Original post by ABand98

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher told me it was that it will take 10 years for him to get his money back :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Charlotte1998
I did exactly the same thing! The french is always easy but the questions are very ambiguous…I still think it could be road sweeper though, who refers to themselves in the third person?

Yeah a couple of my friends thought the same thing as me, but they all put refuse collector because they didn't think the question was likely to be as complicated as that. I'm hoping we're right though and it was meant to trick you. I don't think any of the other people in that question specifically mentioned their jobs either. Oh well its only 1 mark :smile:
The french papers were possible the easiest papers i've ever done in my life, i was just chilling there the whole time :cool:
Original post by thegoodyouth
I think the listening was quite hard. the CD stopped on the first question and went D-D-D-D-D-DDDD-IFFF--FF-F-IC-ILE so we were delayed a good 15 minutes LOL it was ridiculous.
The bit about solar panels was really confusing
I think the reading was quite easy ish apart from the bit about parties!! I didn't get the bit with drawing on the walls with lipstick i just put 'drew on the walls'
For the boy being afraid of his dad seeing everything did you put heart attack risk or something??

OMG walls??? i didnt see anything about walls ?!?!? i found it dead hard... but i did put the the dad would have a heart attack...
Reply 74
What did you write for the question about who likes to spoil themselves?
Original post by Roslad01
What did you write for the question about who likes to spoil themselves?

The person who saves up then spends it all on new clothes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
What about the one who's success affects pthers lives or something?
Original post by Roslad01
What about the one who's success affects pthers lives or something?

I think you mean the one who's happiness depends on the success of others? In which case I put the guy who watches football

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest