The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with women who don't want kids?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lonttt530
You cant change biology by mam made laws in 100 years, its the product if millions of years of evolution

You can over a long period of time. The principles that guided our evolution are often irrelevant in modern society (case in point the discrepancy between mens and womens breeding capacities) and they will be replaced eventually. There is no reason to tacitly accept similar attitudes even if these principles remain unchanged for millions of years.
Original post by shadowdweller
I understand that's your speculation, but you're yet to provide any kind of proof.

It's more down to the average number of kids than whether most women want them - if most women had 1 child, that wouldn't maintain the population.

Not really relevant - nor accurate :lol:

Go away you don't understand science and evolution! Pointless debating with people who don't know the basics.
Go away you don't understand science and evolution! Pointless debating with people who don't know the basics.

What, no proof then?
I didn't want kids:tongue: until I got pregnant and had one! It changes your life completely, you can't be selfish anymore this little person comes above everything and while it's amazing it's incredibly difficult. I can't do the things I once dreamed of doing like backpacking all over the world. I haven't ever regretted it, You never know love until you have a child, literally you would do anything to protect them, take any pain so I wouldn't have it any other way. I will say I'm not sure if I want any more children although mine is only 1 so theres plenty of time. Meh I'm getting all soppy now but it's a personal preference but It does make me sad when people say they don't want kids and knowing they won't have a chance to experience that love.
Original post by vickidc18
I didn't want kids:tongue: until I got pregnant and had one! It changes your life completely, you can't be selfish anymore this little person comes above everything and while it's amazing it's incredibly difficult. I can't do the things I once dreamed of doing like backpacking all over the world. I haven't ever regretted it, You never know love until you have a child, literally you would do anything to protect them, take any pain so I wouldn't have it any other way. I will say I'm not sure if I want any more children although mine is only 1 so theres plenty of time. Meh I'm getting all soppy now but it's a personal preference but It does make me sad when people say they don't want kids and knowing they won't have a chance to experience that love.

Lovely post. :smile:
Only reason you are here is because of what i said, your pc way of thinking that it is fine both ways would have led to population dieing out thousands of years ago.

Don't let my science get in the way of your pc crap

your "science" is based on the idea that every single woman is going to stop having children which is, as I said a ridiculous senario. There is nothing wrong with women choosing not to have children since our population is so large that even if half the women on the planet chose not to have children, the population would not die out.
What don't you understand? Women who don't want to have kids have something wrong with them, they serve no purpose!

You only here because most women wanted kids, this is why humans are still continuing to survive.

Just because there is over population does not mean my point is wrong.

Please get a science degree instead of the arts!

if women don't have children they serve no purpose? Right... you talked of evolution before, I had hoped our civilization had advanced further than breed and die, you chauvanistic mysogynist
Original post by Mother Teresa
Other people's children? Why can't you have kids and make the world a better place for your own kids?

Sorry but you're being a martyr for no apparent reason.

Then why are you using the name Mother Teresa? She had no children of her own but devoted her life to helping others. Was there something wrong with her?

Besides I would think it better to not bring a child into this world than have a child out of a false sense of duty and resent it. Just because people can reproduce really doesn't mean that they should. If they don't want to have children then that's fine, the human race doesn't appear to be about to die out (barring a huge meteorite!) so what's the harm? Just because they haven't reproduced doesn't mean they aren't useful for society. If some people want children and can offer them a good nurturing loving life then good on them but everyone's different, you can't force parenthood on someone. We evolved to have a choice and have moved beyond solely knocking out babies for a biological need. Sheesh.

After reading some of these posts I really hope the stupidity gene isn't passed on. :tongue:
Also we have evolved to not need to have as many kids as other species as we now have a greater percentage surviving and with longer life spans which is why humans only usually have 1 or 2 children per pregnancy compared to other animals that have a lot of offspring to ensure a better chance that some will survive and pass on the genes.
Call me selfish but I want to work and have time to do all the things I've wanted to do. Travelling, reading, building up a career, getting that car, etc. Kids hinder progress in those areas. All you ever care about is getting them fed, schooled, cared for and brought up. Frankly, to raise good children you need to devote most of your time. Even then one might turn out to be a loose cannon no matter what you do. Spare me the headache! And about loneliness - well chances are you'll end up in a nursing home with other old people with or without kids.
Original post by yo radical one
The idea of not having a family depresses me

No matter how much money you have, where you go on holiday, what car you drive, it all seems pointless if you're just living for yourself. I always think these people without children will sit at bars, smoke cigarettes, pour alcohol down their throats and have one night stands until one day nobody around them is left to care, it's horrible.

I thought this thread was about biological children. Personally I'd like to adopt when I'm older for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
Reply 71
Birth is the worst thing that can happen to a person.
Original post by contradicta
Women our more that just a womb on legs!! Who cares if she wants to have children or not.

Biologically speaking, a womb on legs is essentially all they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lovinlife2
PRSOM :frown:

But so true! :^_^:

Haha thanks! :biggrin:
Yeah I'd rather just not have kids than be a ****ty parent or sacrifice my dreams because I have to take care of them :smile:
Original post by the mezzil
Biologically speaking, a womb on legs is essentially all they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biologically speaking a women is a person whom has the organs to carry a fetus to term and give birth.

A women is not simply one of their body parts, you can easily say that we are just brains with legs or hearts with legs or any other organ with legs. You cannot reduce people to their body parts.

So please shut up with your misogynistic ****.
Original post by physicsbook
Biologically speaking a women is a person whom has the organs to carry a fetus to term and give birth.

A women is not simply one of their body parts, you can easily say that we are just brains with legs or hearts with legs or any other organ with legs. You cannot reduce people to their body parts.

So please shut up with your misogynistic ****.

You angryyyy!!

I never said they were my personal views.
You just said, making sure we give the best chance to our kids to pass our genes!...you made my point, we still have a strong urge to have kids and pass on our genes.
Our genes want to get passed on, regardless if we think we have control over genes, eventually our genes win!

Those women who don't want to have kids, are not normal, they lack the basic urge to have children.
Its like having a penis and not having the urge to have sex!...it means there is something wrong with you.
Its like having eyes and not having the urge to open them and look!

It seems this political correct society, does not want to offend anyone, so they pretend its all normal.

This feminism and political correctness is making people so ignorant! It is like the new bible.

Yes but we all don't need to have children as survival rates are better whereas if survival rates were low we would all need to reproduce to ensure there is enough offspring surviving in the next generation. The human race doesn't look like dying out anytime soon so a few people choosing not to have children is not the end of the world and is not a bad thing and definitely not abnormal. If anything too many children are being born and not being phased out as parents have children knowing they have genetic disorders etc. and advances in medical science allow them to survive when nature wouldn't have. Passing on all genes is not necessarily a good thing. Yes we have the biological function to reproduce but have evolved to allow future generations to succeed & survive without us all having to pop out children to better the chances that offspring survive and continue the cycle.
So sorry I don't want to pop out children just because I biologically can doesn't mean I should.
Yes. It is every human's purpose to create life.
Reply 78
Original post by Maharaniii
Yes. It is every human's purpose to create life.

Only if you have nothing else worth living for.
No. But there'd be something very wrong with some women who want kids...if they just want to have sex with them (incest ).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending