The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

FALSE rape accusations are the new epidemic. Lives are being destroyed everyday.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guji4ever
In the eye-for-an-eye world, the punishment should be the same penalty as the person who was initally accused of rape would have received if the accuser had been successful PLUS fines for all of the legal machinations for what the police and court systems had to go through to undo the malicious prosecution.

Of course, this can only be done if you can PROVE that the accusing was done with the full knowledge that the person being accused was not the rapist (or that there was no rape).

Accusation and rape aren't eye for eye though.
Original post by Guji4ever
It's because women lies all the time, so you don't know if you can trust them or not.

Serious question. Do you really believe that most women would make up as serious an allegation of rape persistently? For what reasons. I am not denying that it happens, but it would have to happen at a quite astounding rate. If you are accepting the numbers in hte link I gave of supposed rapes, if you suggest that a large portion of these claims were made up, then at least 10 in 30 rape victims would be making it up. What motives, what systematic process would lead to lieing on such as scale.

On hte other hand, you could suggest, as I do, that the criminal justice system does not handle rape cases well, because the evidence often appears to come down to the supposed reliability of a scared victim, vs the alleged rapist. Since it must be true beyond reasonable doubt, this often leads to the rapist going free. Moreover, women then do not come forwards knowing the stress it entails, only for the likely possibly for no justice to emerge
Original post by lamyers1
Before you start to label this as an epidemic, take a look at this infographic:

(Rather than rapists, it should say rapes).

So yes, the average man is safe.

Instead of looking at men falsely accused, look at the number who get away with it because the girl was 'asking for it' or 'too drunk to accurately remember', or even just too scared to report it. If they are too drunk to remember, they are also too drunk to give consent.

And typical feminist hogwash.

There's no way of knowing how many rapes haven't been reported. We just cannot believe the women who say they've been raped and haven't reported it.

Obviously most reported rapes don't face trial because there is no evidence and the women are LYING.

Even when they face trial most do not go to jail because of women's lies.

hahaha this picture is SO FAKE, it reveals the truth!! XD
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Demented Guy
'Fewer than one rape victim in 30 can expect to see her or his attacker brought to justice, shocking new statistics reveal.'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/100000-assaults-1000-rapists-sentenced-shockingly-low-conviction-rates-revealed-8446058.html

Original statistics from home office research, even with methodology based in estimates, it is clear that Rape is a massively underreported crime.

Underreported by victims, systematically mal-handled by the police because of the nature of the evidence, and rarely prosecutes the perpetrator, agains because the nature of the evidence counts against it.

What's the solution though?
I'm calling troll on this. Because either you are a troll, or a complete idiot, and therefore not worth my time.

These are statistics. Cold, hard fact.

Why, in that picture, are all accused rapists labeled as rapists, but only the convicted false claims labeled as false claims? Use the more accurate statistic of 10% being flase claims.
Original post by ddtown

If men weren't such pigs then maybe it would be easier to tell.

Wow, Feminism condensed into a single sentence!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Before you start to label this as an epidemic, take a look at this infographic:

What was the methodology of this chart? I am struggling to understand how there could possibly be more accountable rapists than reported rapists? I smell femanizi propaganda.

Original post by Demented Guy
Serious question. Do you really believe that most women would make up as serious an allegation of rape persistently? For what reasons. I am not denying that it happens, but it would have to happen at a quite astounding rate. If you are accepting the numbers in hte link I gave of supposed rapes, if you suggest that a large portion of these claims were made up, then at least 10 in 30 rape victims would be making it up. What motives, what systematic process would lead to lieing on such as scale.

On hte other hand, you could suggest, as I do, that the criminal justice system does not handle rape cases well, because the evidence often appears to come down to the supposed reliability of a scared victim, vs the alleged rapist. Since it must be true beyond reasonable doubt, this often leads to the rapist going free. Moreover, women then do not come forwards knowing the stress it entails, only for the likely possibly for no justice to emerge

What alternative do you suggest? I'm not sure if you are complaining about how the justice system works, but if so then how should it be fixed?
Reply 88
Original post by Truths
What was the methodology of this chart? I am struggling to understand how there could possibly be more accountable rapists than reported rapists? I smell femanizi propaganda.

There are more rapes than reported rapes. If you read my comment underneath, it should read rapes instead of rapists as it was assuming that each rape is caused by a different man, when actually there tend to be repeat offenders.

I am not saying that people are not wrongly accused of rape, or that it should be ignored, but it is far less of an issue than the sheer number of girls who are raped and the rapist is not brought to justice.

It is estimated that AT BEST, only 4% of rapes are recorded by the police. That does not mean that the men were charged, only that the police saved into there computer that a woman (or man) had been a victim. This means that a huge 96% of rapes have zero consequence for the rapist, as opposed to 6% of rapists being wrongly accused, and some of these just being a case of mistaken identity, rather than malicious.

It is VERY difficult to get a rape conviction in this country, so it is very rare for those who are wrongly accused to get convicted. There must be evidence. If someone was not raped, there will not be the evidence of rape, such as lesions in the vagina (which generally do not happen during sex) and self-defence wounds on the attacker and/or victim. If DNA is present, that must also be a match.
Reply 89
Original post by Endless Blue
Wow, Feminism condensed into a single sentence!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, someone who blatantly doesn't understand the meaning of feminism.

It is women wanting EQUALITY, not hating men. A woman who professes to be a feminist because she hates men, or hates men because she is a feminist, is NOT A TRUE FEMINIST.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism
Wow, someone who blatantly doesn't understand the meaning of feminism.

It is women wanting EQUALITY, not hating men. A woman who professes to be a feminist because she hates men, or hates men because she is a feminist, is NOT A TRUE FEMINIST.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

You are someone who clearly doesn't understand real feminism. What has feminism achieved for the equality of men?
Reply 91
Original post by DiddyDec
You are someone who clearly doesn't understand real feminism. What has feminism achieved for the equality of men?

... Really?

In what things are you not equal? (in a positive view?)
... Really?

In what things are you not equal? (in a positive view?)

Lets not do this again. There are plenty of threads on here that highlight men's inequality. I'm not doing it on this thread as well. But surely if feminism if you the equality of both men and women should they not focus on both of the gender's issue and not just those faced by women.
Reply 93
Original post by DiddyDec
Lets not do this again. There are plenty of threads on here that highlight men's inequality. I'm not doing it on this thread as well. But surely if feminism if you the equality of both men and women should they not focus on both of the gender's issue and not just those faced by women.

Yes they should.

I was not trivialising the fact that men are being wrongly accused, and more should be done to help them and support them after the fact. I was simply stating that it is not epidemic. Rapists not being convicted and getting away with the crime is (see Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville, who got away with sexual abuse for most of their lives).
Original post by james22
In the USA, many students are expelled from university because of a rape claim that has never even ended up in court. Several of these will be false.

This sounds so much like the opening quote of a Law and Order series.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 95
There are more rapes than reported rapes. If you read my comment underneath, it should read rapes instead of rapists as it was assuming that each rape is caused by a different man, when actually there tend to be repeat offenders.

I am not saying that people are not wrongly accused of rape, or that it should be ignored, but it is far less of an issue than the sheer number of girls who are raped and the rapist is not brought to justice.

It is estimated that AT BEST, only 4% of rapes are recorded by the police. That does not mean that the men were charged, only that the police saved into there computer that a woman (or man) had been a victim. This means that a huge 96% of rapes have zero consequence for the rapist, as opposed to 6% of rapists being wrongly accused, and some of these just being a case of mistaken identity, rather than malicious.

It is VERY difficult to get a rape conviction in this country, so it is very rare for those who are wrongly accused to get convicted. There must be evidence. If someone was not raped, there will not be the evidence of rape, such as lesions in the vagina (which generally do not happen during sex) and self-defence wounds on the attacker and/or victim. If DNA is present, that must also be a match.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you just said. But thanks for clearing that up.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
It's simple, don't have sex with any female ever.

I have no objections with that :sexface:

It's also worth adding to this that the police routinely class anything short of a full conviction as a 'false accusation'. This includes cases where the fact that a rape occurred was not in dispute, but where there is not enough evidence to prove that any one particular individual was the rapist.
The average heterosexual man is far more likely to himself be a victim of rape than to be falsely accused of rape. But then again, the former doesn't really lend itself to anti-feminist rants so easily.
Original post by anarchism101
The average heterosexual man is far more likely to himself be a victim of rape than to be falsely accused of rape. But then again, the former doesn't really lend itself to anti-feminist rants so easily.

Just because there are bigger problems doesn't mean we cannot discuss this one. I could answer just about any feminist thread by pointing out worse things happening in the world.

Latest

Trending

Trending