The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Trihawk7
Yeah m8 you got dat right! really need to change it tbh...

I think it's awesome especially as it suits your username to! :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
I thought you liked your current one? :hmmm:

I do, just not "loving" my current one :tongue:

Original post by Imank01
I think it's awesome especially as it suits your username to! :smile:

Tbh, I didn't actually know that it correlated with my username until you just said that... :lol:
Original post by Gilo98
i wish i'd of picked food tech over geography :frown:
astronomy sounds zoo interesting, what did the exams entail? Well done on the A!!

It's so much fun!

The exam was so hard. There were loads of formula questions- Kepler's Third Law, Equation of time, parralax angles, Hubble's law. There were some easy questions though, like how long a solar day is, what an exo planet is, definition of a stellar galaxy. There was a nice long answer question, in which you had to compare information about Celestial bodies.
Original post by Archaeologist
It's so much fun!

The exam was so hard. There were loads of formula questions- Kepler's Third Law, Equation of time, parralax angles, Hubble's law. There were some easy questions though, like how long a solar day is, what an exo planet is, definition of a stellar galaxy. There was a nice long answer question, in which you had to compare information about Celestial bodies.

Oh my that sounds soooo cool.....would have loved to do that!! Instead I get a bunch of boring ****!! :biggrin:
Original post by kayi1009
how did you revise and what techniques did you use?

I'm in year ten so I hadn't learnt all of the a star topic. So firstly I learnt all of them off videos, then I did all the resent pasted paper and revised (from a text book) anything I got wrong. It worked well, I revised a couple of hours a day for a month. Music kept me positive.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm so depressed about only getting an a in science that I genuinely considered running away earlier. Ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone thinking about re-marking their paper from yesterday? (if you got any yesterday)
My physics was a high C, and overall I got a B and was less than 5 marks off an A. I'm thinking about re-marking the physics in the hope for more marks. Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by Caver
Nor can I; escape teachers making mistakes on my GCSEs (2 of my GCSEs in 2 years), to be free and wild from the prison, and to never have to make up more excuses (I've ran out already) to get out of P.E! And above all, escape from those annoying students :smile:

Haha I know, I'm running out of excuses to get out of P.E too :frown:
My avatar is best guys... :colone:
Ooooh, I might as well post this on here - If any of you guys like to fantasise about going to cambridge theres this guy called Jake Wright on youtube who does vlogs of his life at Cambridge. He does Compsci but it still offers good insight into cambridge life for those who aren't interested in compsci.
Check him out!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaketvee
(edited 9 years ago)
I think I'm a bit late in posting my results from yesterday:colondollar:
Everyone seems to be doing it so here are mine:
Additional Science : A*
Maths : A*
French : A*
Religious Studies and Ethics : A*
English Digital Communications : A*
Original post by Marii101
I think I'm a bit late in posting my results from yesterday:colondollar:
Everyone seems to be doing it so here are mine:
Additional Science : A*
Maths : A*
French : A*
Religious Studies and Ethics : A*
English Digital Communications : A*

That's amazing! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
That's amazing! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!:biggrin:
Geography A*
History A*
RS B (Getting a remark)
Hello
Reply 495
I received my national insurance number today. Has anyone else got it yet?
Reply 496
Original post by Gilo98
Ooooh, I might as well post this on here - If any of you guys like to fantasise about going to cambridge theres this guy called Jake Wright on youtube who does vlogs of his life at Cambridge. He does Compsci but it still offers good insight into cambridge life for those who aren't interested in compsci.
Check him out!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaketvee

Yeah he's really cool! :^_^: Have you watched any of his livestreams?
Original post by Imank01

I thought you had to be 16
Original post by Imank01

I'm not 16 till June, so I won't be getting it for a good few months...
Original post by Archaeologist
I thought you had to be 16

I think they send you it a little bit before.

Latest