The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
I wish I had siblings closer to my age :moon:

It's great but we do get on eachother's nerves every now and again, I'm going to miss him when he goes off to uni, but that's not for 2 or 3 years :smile:
Original post by adityac3688
Revision definitely paid off, for most of the subjects. Maths is intense, lots of homework and we're going really fast :/ We finished Parabola in 2 lessons :I Economics and History were awesomee :smile:

What topics are you studying in history?
Original post by Mr...
We do that too :teehee:

We tend to argue over what we are watching on TV, who gets to sit in the front seat of the car, the usual childish sibling arguments hehe :lol: he also loves bossing me around because I'm the youngest!! He's great though, I'm really pleased that he got everything he needs for college!
[QUOTE="tabithacrazy;49692899"]
Original post by Bullscheiße

Reminds me of two years ago when some year elevens got a sharpie and drew a huge line down a long corridor on their last day! The teachers made them scrub it all off the wall and they nearly missed their leavers' assembly! :smile:

These year 11s in my school got fruit from a stall near school and smashed it on each other's heads...
I'm thinking about spraying cola all over everyone or having a fight on the street after school :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bullscheiße;49693233"]
Original post by tabithacrazy

These year 11s in my school got fruit from a stall near school and smashed it on each other's heads...
I'm thinking about spraying cola all over everyone or having a fight on the street after school :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg sounds epic! I would love to do something like that on my last day! Usually in summer people have a waterfight on the school bus home, which is annoying because it sounds great but I always walk home!

At our school we have a barbecue on the year elevens' last day but the burgers are disgusting because the school buys cheap burgers so everyone can have one
Original post by Mr...
Me and my younger siblings :giggle:

Haha yeah, I think if we got on perfectly all the time, we wouldn't be normal!
[QUOTE="tabithacrazy;49693425"]

Omg sounds epic! I would love to do something like that on my last day! Usually in summer people have a waterfight on the school bus home, which is annoying because it sounds great but I always walk home!

At our school we have a barbecue on the year elevens' last day but the burgers are disgusting because the school buys cheap burgers so everyone can have one

Speaking of crap food, that barbecue doesn't sound too different to our school dinners... The food is AWFUL and we're not even allowed out for lunch :frown:

Does your school do a year 11 prom/disco? My school does, but apparently it's usually pretty crappy and overpriced... All sorts of things seem to happen though. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bullscheiße;49693803"]

Speaking of crap food, that barbecue doesn't sound too different to our school dinners... The food is AWFUL and we're not even allowed out for lunch :frown:

Does your school do a year 11 prom/disco? My school does, but apparently it's usually pretty crappy and overpriced... All sorts of things seem to happen though. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't risk our school dinners, they look ok, but I'm quite picky when it comes to food so it's safer just to bring a packed lunch for me :smile: we're not allowed out either!

Our school has a prom, my brother just had his! It wasn't too pricey but they take professional photos that you can buy when you are there (seems a bit tight really, they should just give you one and include it in the price of the prom itself). I think it's also quite pricey because there is a lot of pressure to but something nice to wear! At our school's prom in yr 11, they are allowed one glass of wine with their meal, do they do this at your school?
Original post by Mr...
I don't think that is the case for any family :laugh:

It's certainly not true for my family! We do get on most of the time... most...!
Original post by ChoccyMelody
I lived in Hong Kong and went to school there when I was younger! Do you speak Cantonese or Mandarin? Or do you go to a school that speaks English? :smile:

I'm in a British International School :P I can't speak Canto or Mandarin :/
Original post by Mr...
:teehee: Sure...

Yeahhhhh it's certainly a lot quieter when my brother goes away on camps with scouts :teehee: !!!
Original post by Mr...
Sounds great :yep:
I'm excited too start now, have you started any coursework?

Nope! But i'm starting English Lang Coursework in 2 weeks time :P
Original post by Mmmmmmmmmmm… π
What topics are you studying in history?

We're mainly focusing on the countries so the units are Germany, Russia, USA and China. But then the chapters are like WWI, WWII, The Rise Of Hitler, about the leaders (Hitler, Mussolini, Churchill)
Original post by Mr...
Cool :smile:
I still don't get why you start school so early :curious:

Same, last year we started on 23rd August and this year they made it 19th August. I guess it doesn't matter really though. When does your school start?
[QUOTE="tabithacrazy;49694097"]

I don't risk our school dinners, they look ok, but I'm quite picky when it comes to food so it's safer just to bring a packed lunch for me :smile: we're not allowed out either!

Our school has a prom, my brother just had his! It wasn't too pricey but they take professional photos that you can buy when you are there (seems a bit tight really, they should just give you one and include it in the price of the prom itself). I think it's also quite pricey because there is a lot of pressure to but something nice to wear! At our school's prom in yr 11, they are allowed one glass of wine with their meal, do they do this at your school?

People are obsessed about what to wear (suits and dresses) and the prom, honestly, is a big waste of money because people spend tons of cash on limos...

I don't think my school allow us to have wine, but it doesn't matter for me because I don't drink (I'm Muslim). I might start an afterparty in a hotel for a laugh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:lol: See I knew it!

Yes you did! I'm not such a good liar :teehee: :ninja:
Original post by Mr...
We start on the 3rd :smug:

:colone:

That smiley is great! What will you be studying in september? :smile:
[QUOTE="Bullscheiße;49694795"]

People are obsessed about what to wear (suits and dresses) and the prom, honestly, is a big waste of money because people spend tons of cash on limos...

I don't think my school allow us to have wine, but it doesn't matter for me because I don't drink (I'm Muslim). I might start an afterparty in a hotel for a laugh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, people are obsessed with what they are wearing! People also spend tons of money on getting hair and makeup done too! At our prom, everyone meets at school and then we get a coach to the venue (basically to make sure that no one is drunk or anything) so it's kind of pointless getting a limo :smile: I might go to an after party to, they sound like more fun than the prom itself :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
Math
English Lang
English Lit
Triple Science
French
Geography
History
Additional Math
Statistics
RS

A pretty nice selection I think :bigsmile:

That is a good selection! Mine is quite similar to yours but we don't get the option to do additional math or statistics!

I'm doing:

Maths
English Lang
English lit
Triple science
French
Geography
Music
RE

:biggrin:
Ohh right. So if you are homeschooled your parents decide how many hours of tuition they want to pay for?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest