The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Archaeologist
Mine starts on the 3rd

The day of me :biggrin:
Original post by Iceman5363
Wow you got to choose loads of things

Well, a language is compulsory at my school and also, we had to choose between long course RE or long course PE so obv I chose long course RE cus I'm lazy:tongue: So basically, two of them weren't really my choice..
Original post by Marii101
Not really, but I'm not dreading it either. I don't think it'll be that much different from Year 10 tbh. What about you?:smile:

At my school, my teachers are probably going to exaggerate it so much and scare us all, so I think it is gonna be pretty different from year 10. And also, I'm going to have loads of new teachers, including my form tutor. I think I am kind of looking forward to it though, getting bored of this holiday.:rolleyes:
Original post by NathalieGW
The day of me :biggrin:

The day after yours? You got all your stationery?
Original post by Martie08
I start on the 3rd too - Y7 and 12 go back on the 2nd though. Not looking forward to having my school picture taken; they always do it on the first day when I look the worst!!

Yeah, same thing at my school.
My school don't even tell us when we're going to have our pictures taken so we just turn up to school and get an ugly picture taken which is put up on SIMS for everyone to laugh at every time the teacher clicks on it. So at least you know that you're having your picture taken on the first day back and you can prepare yourself for it!:bigsmile:
Original post by Nadine_08
At my school, my teachers are probably going to exaggerate it so much and scare us all, so I think it is gonna be pretty different from year 10. And also, I'm going to have loads of new teachers, including my form tutor. I think I am kind of looking forward to it though, getting bored of this holiday.:rolleyes:

Teachers are like that everywhere tbh.:rolleyes: Just don't let it get to you. I don't, believe me. I've already done 6 GCSEs so I'd like to think that I'll be able to handle the rest that I'll be doing next year:tongue: Having new teachers, especially in Year 11 when feeling able to approach your teachers freely, is annoying. Hopefully you'll have great teachers that will support you. :smile:Surprisingly I haven't gotten bored of this holiday yet! I just seem to have a million ways to entertain myself.:biggrin:
Reply 586
Well, a language is compulsory at my school and also, we had to choose between long course RE or long course PE so obv I chose long course RE cus I'm lazy:tongue: So basically, two of them weren't really my choice..

Oh fair enough, a language is compulsory at mine too. :\ And I wish I had that option, I have to do both full course RS and PE which sucks. I'm lazy too, I'd go with RS haha! :P

And I have a new form tutor too, my old one was made redundant - everybody was in tears on the last day since we've had him since Year 7. :frown: I guess it'll be different for me too.
Reply 587
Original post by Iceman5363
At my school the year 7's start on the Thursday and then everyone else starts on the Friday

That's kind of similar to us, but the year 7s (and I think the people starting 6th form...) start on Tuesday afternoon and we all start on Wednesday.
Yeah, same thing at my school.
My school don't even tell us when we're going to have our pictures taken so we just turn up to school and get an ugly picture taken which is put up on SIMS for everyone to laugh at every time the teacher clicks on it. So at least you know that you're having your picture taken on the first day back and you can prepare yourself for it!:bigsmile:

Eek, not good!

Really? All my teachers are the same, they usually keep teachers the same from Y10 through Y11 for continuity (unless they leave ofc). I'm looking forward to it a bit too, I'm so bored! School gives me a bit of structure to be honest. And I doubt it'll be that much more stressful than Y10, except perhaps in the lead up to mocks and exams.
Original post by evekip
Oh fair enough, a language is compulsory at mine too. :\ And I wish I had that option, I have to do both full course RS and PE which sucks. I'm lazy too, I'd go with RS haha! :P

And I have a new form tutor too, my old one was made redundant - everybody was in tears on the last day since we've had him since Year 7. :frown: I guess it'll be different for me too.

We have compulsory languages but not RS or PE. We do RE but it isn't examined. My old form tutor left in Y9 because of a bitchy teacher but I won't go into that.:redface:
The day after yours? You got all your stationery?

I ordered all my stationary from WHSmiths, and then a few days later, I got a notebook, that I didn't order, and the invoice was to a completely different person! So I've emailed them, pissed off.:mad:
Reply 591
Hello noobs. :ahee:

I did AQA RS B this year (and achieved an A*) and most people do exaggerate and say that you don't need to revise for RS - of course you do, but unless you can write essays well and know the general format of answering questions you really don't need to focus a lot of time on it.

RS was the exam that I didn't spend a lot of time on and I'm glad, all you need to do is revise the key teachings of two religions and you can apply them to more or less all questions as long as you state your point, the key teaching as evidence and then explain it you'll ace the exams.
Original post by evekip
You got to choose so many, I'm jealous! :P How are you finding long course RS, by the way? My grades have been so inconsistent when we do tests after each unit and mocks, it's ranged from a D to an A*... :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I don't really like long course RS. I'm always failing the end of unit tests cus I never revise and I don't listen that much in class. The highest grade I've got is a B:redface: I'm not too worried about it though because we'll be getting this booklet in year 11 with everything in there so I'll just revise that. I'm hoping we actually get this booklet though because I'm doomed if we don't:eek:
Original post by Marii101
Teachers are like that everywhere tbh.:rolleyes: Just don't let it get to you. I don't, believe me. I've already done 6 GCSEs so I'd like to think that I'll be able to handle the rest that I'll be doing next year:tongue: Having new teachers, especially in Year 11 when feeling able to approach your teachers freely, is annoying. Hopefully you'll have great teachers that will support you. :smile:Surprisingly I haven't gotten bored of this holiday yet! I just seem to have a million ways to entertain myself.:biggrin:

Well, lucky you!:smile: I'm just spending this last week thinking about school and buying school stuff. Which GCSEs have you done already?
Original post by evekip

Oh I do still have to do short course P.E! I should've clarified that, lol.
Yeah, I had my form tutor since year 7 too. He was the only form tutor that didn't leave earlier, he stayed with us for 4 years!
I ordered all my stationary from WHSmiths, and then a few days later, I got a notebook, that I didn't order, and the invoice was to a completely different person! So I've emailed them, pissed off.:mad:

What! No way. How could that happen?
Eek, not good!

Really? All my teachers are the same, they usually keep teachers the same from Y10 through Y11 for continuity (unless they leave ofc). I'm looking forward to it a bit too, I'm so bored! School gives me a bit of structure to be honest. And I doubt it'll be that much more stressful than Y10, except perhaps in the lead up to mocks and exams.

Yeah, the reason I'm getting new ones is because my other ones are leaving for various reasons. School gives me a lot of structure too and it gets me into the mode of revising. This holiday I planned to revise for the subjects that need revision but I just couldn't at all and I feel bad now:frown:
Have any of you had to do the ice bucket challenge?
Reply 598
Oh I do still have to do short course P.E! I should've clarified that, lol.
Yeah, I had my form tutor since year 7 too. He was the only form tutor that didn't leave earlier, he stayed with us for 4 years!

Yeah, some kind of PE/RS is made compulsory for everyone right? And I know the feeling of being doomed haha, experienced that quite often with maths...

And what stationery have people been buying? I never buy anything new lol I just tend to screb it off other people/from around my house, but I've actually had a WHSmith voucher all summer from getting a prize for business studies, so I might actually get some this year. :')

And no, I've not had to do the ice bucket challenge yet... Two of my close friends were nominated yesterday though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I get nominated soon. Sob.
(edited 9 years ago)
What! No way. How could that happen?

No idea! So annoying. I assume the person whose order this is has mine, and seeing as I ordered a lot more and it was more expensive, I bet they'll keep it! I think basically they printed the wrong address on my order and the wrong address on this person's. :mad:

Latest