The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
Don't mods check PMs and you would literally hate me :biggrin:

Idk
If I'd hate you for it, why would you suggest writing it? :frown::hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
counting down the days until college. not long now :frown:
wait what why did i just post that in here lol..
anyway counting down the days until u guys r in year 11.........
Can't believe it's really our last year of school. It's just starting to occur to me that it's make or break.

I need my holiday xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by usycool1

Exactly what it says it is :tongue:

Say hello to Motorbiker/Martin for me. That is if he is there for tomorrow's. :smile:
Original post by NathalieGW
Ahhh right.

Yes, they're really good. I have recently become a Sherlock fan, do you know the books?.

I did OK. I was really happy with my Science result :smile: I got an A* in Core Science, A in English Literature and a B in IGCSE French.

Those are fantastic grades, well done.

I don't know the books, I've only seen series 3 of the TV series, which I've heard is the worst one.

Well done! Those are really good grades. :smile: What did you study for English lit?

Thanks :smile: I did better in my English mock than in the exam but I felt it could've gone a lot worse. I'm very happy with my grade though. :smile:
To anyone here doing or have done their personal statement, I just want to ask if you're suppose to sound a bit douche-y because no matter how hard I try, my personal statement looks douche-y.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar and the (I'm not sure if it's a swear but better be safe) language.
Are GCSE timetables usually sent home or do we get them on the first day?
Reply 788
Original post by Nadine_08

Are you talking about the exams? If so you can find them online otherwise I think the school gives them close to the exam season
Original post by Canttellyou
Does anyone know how many UMS for an A* in AQA core science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its 360 .... i got 356....soooo sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys... i am applying to like 20 colleges...am i crazy ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nadine_08

Posted from TSR Mobile

There on the exam board websites. They have been up for a while now
Reply 792
Original post by Humzaawan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you even find 20 colleges? Are they at least reasonably good? If so you're not crazy.
Original post by Imank01
How did you even find 20 colleges? Are they at least reasonably good? If so you're not crazy.

Loool yeah they are all good all atleast 70 percent A* to B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll be applying to, like, one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to 6 schools, I'm trying my luck at whoever will have me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 796
Original post by Martie08
I think I'll be applying to, like, one :biggrin:

Same here, is this the normal thing haha? There's only two which I'm interested in and do the courses I want, and one would mean leaving the house at half 7 in the morning to get a bus which is unrealistic considering how long I take to get ready. :P And I'm starting a two year course (after school this year, in with my classes of my lessons next year) there this year so I've basically already made my decision there. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, are they all in your area or are you up for traveling to them? My choices for schools/colleges have always been mostly dictated by whether or not I can walk there so I was wondering if that was odd haha! Are you actually considering all twenty or is there a few you'd actually like to go to, with the others just being backup? :smile:
Original post by evekip
Same here, is this the normal thing haha? There's only two which I'm interested in and do the courses I want, and one would mean leaving the house at half 7 in the morning to get a bus which is unrealistic considering how long I take to get ready. :P And I'm starting a two year course (after school this year, in with my classes of my lessons next year) there this year so I've basically already made my decision there. :biggrin:

Out of interest, are they all in your area or are you up for traveling to them? My choices for schools/colleges have always been mostly dictated by whether or not I can walk there so I was wondering if that was odd haha! Are you actually considering all twenty or is there a few you'd actually like to go to, with the others just being backup? :smile:

well , i live in an area (east London ) where there are no good colleges/sixth forms so most of mine are an hour away via public transport , and i do really like all of them
Original post by Imank01
Are you talking about the exams? If so you can find them online otherwise I think the school gives them close to the exam season

No, lesson timetables
Posted from TSR Mobile

There on the exam board websites. They have been up for a while now

I'm talking about lesson timetables

Latest