The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
You guys are being beaten badly by the Year 10's in terms of post counts...never seen that before. :erm:

Oh dear :unimpressed:

I'm sure things will pick up when everyone feels the need to rant :biggrin: :colonhash:
Hey I'm in year 11, am taking RS, Maths English Lit, Art, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama and Spanish. I already took English Language this year. I'm hoping to get no more than 2 Bs, and 6 A*s at Gcse. :smile: Next year I'm gonna do Art, English Lit, Spanish and RS at A level. :smile: then maybe do law at A level :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Just seen timetable for 2015 exams.
Bit confused-are there like 2 papers for physics for eg,spaced several weeks apart.
Or will it all be one paper.
I am doing the higher ones
Original post by Trihawk7
Restless, I hate it, every single part of it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it's a lot to remember but not too bad , i prefer human geography
Original post by Humzaawan123
yeah it's a lot to remember but not too bad , i prefer human geography

Better be better!
Original post by tryrevise
For what subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by karmacrunch

Textiles is one of them...
I'm suffering with Food tech as well at the moment... D:
Original post by Midnightmemories

You took Food tech as well?! Wow! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
You took Food tech as well?! Wow! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take Music and Child Development as well..
Original post by sunday_morning
I am on the Welsh exam board. I studied To Kill A Mockingbird and unseen poetry. :smile: I'm doing Shakespeare coursework at the moment though.

I enjoyed it, hopefully I'll watch the first 2 series soon. :smile:

I prefer literature to language, but the good thing about language is it's more about practice than revision. I think I did too many past paper questions and didn't revise enough quotes when doing TKAM.

I start on the 4th!

How have your first few days been? I've been pretty busy sorting out my work and making sure that I have a balance homework/revision timetable.

I prefer that aspect of it, I'm looking forward to creative writing; this is something I'm best at. I constantly revised everything for English Literature and it drained me.

How are you finding Shakespeare?

The bain of my existence.
Original post by NathalieGW
Hey, how do you think year 10 went? Are you looking forward to year 11?

Hey oooo sorry for the very late reply, I've been super busy lately, and yeah it went ok I guess and umm I think I'm more looking forward to the prospect of moving on, rather than all the work haha, have you enjoyed it so far?:biggrin::biggrin::tongue:
Hey all I was just wondering if any of you have started light revision yet, I'm in the process of making a table and I was wondering in an hour a day was too much too early :confused:
Reply 952
Original post by Violetvirtue
Hey all I was just wondering if any of you have started light revision yet, I'm in the process of making a table and I was wondering in an hour a day was too much too early :confused:

I'd say an hour a day is a good start tbh, as long as you don't push yourself too hard this early it'll help. c: As long as you don't let it get in the way of your set homework or social life or other normal stuff then it can't do anything but help you. :P

I think I'll start doing a little bit soon. No past papers or anything just making some notes :biggrin: I'll probably start properly a little before Easter.

You don't want to burn yourself out too quickly so an hour a day should be ok.

:desu:
Good luck!
Original post by sunday_morning
I am on the Welsh exam board. I studied To Kill A Mockingbird and unseen poetry. :smile: I'm doing Shakespeare coursework at the moment though.

I do welsh board too! Haven't heard of anyone else doing it lately everyone seems to be on AQA :smile:
I got 100% on the Shakespeare controlled assessment, what text and poems are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sharkfinhair
Hi
Just seen timetable for 2015 exams.
Bit confused-are there like 2 papers for physics for eg,spaced several weeks apart.
Or will it all be one paper.
I am doing the higher ones

On AQA, there's 3 physics papers, but for some reason every year Units 2+3 are first and together, and then a few weeks later (my last exam actually) you do Unit 1 on its own.
I take Music and Child Development as well..

Eek!! So many coursework-heavy creatives! I wish you luck! :eek::redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 957
Original post by tryrevise
I do welsh board too! Haven't heard of anyone else doing it lately everyone seems to be on AQA :smile:
I got 100% on the Shakespeare controlled assessment, what text and poems are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on WJEC too, well done on 100%, I suck at lit compared to lang! :| I still haven't finished my Shakespeare/poetry controlled assessment (I missed lessons oops), as well as my spoken language one... :/ Any tips haha? I've done the shakespeare part but I'm so bad at understanding poetry like I'd literally just been taking ideas off of bitesize and making up dumb stuff haha.

I'm going to start making some basic notes soon, and then revise a bit around December for the mocks because I would rather see what I'm truly capable of at that time to see where I can improve....and then proper hardcore revision in the Easter period for actual exams :smile:

I think starting now isn't any harm, all this stuff about 'you'll forget it by then'...if you start now, it goes straight to your long term memory, and that'll make it so much easier later on so why not?
Hey guys, so yea I have a question. What can I do with these A levels?
I'm choosing Art, English Literature, Spanish, RS and Critical Thinking. I think I want to go into Law (please don't tell me to Maths, Law or History.) What other degrees could I do with these A levels? I'll more than likely drop one of them after AS. Thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest