The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got my physics and english language mock (the reading paper half) tomorrow :confused::eek:
Original post by Strom
Good! I've been having A-Level Maths taster sessions and I have a pretend job interview tomorrow :redface: How are you?

What did you think of it? :smile: I do A Level maths :biggrin:
Do you need to prepare stuff for it? I hope it goes well! :h:
I'm good thanks, I have almost no homework right now :biggrin:
Original post by Romula
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood 😁

Oh it's okay :smile:
Good luck for your mock exams ppl! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
year 11; when is everyone going to start revising proper for actual exams?
Original post by n_hundred

I'm going to start during the Easter holidays, I reckon.
Original post by Steliata
I'm going to start during the Easter holidays, I reckon.

my friend is already starting. then there's me watching flash/arrow and eating
What do you write on UCAS??

Probably January, or failing that, in the February half term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
my friend is already starting. then there's me watching flash/arrow and eating

Don't sweat it, revising now is (for me) pointless because I'll just forget it again and I find it hard to sustain the effort lol
Original post by olivialeicester
Ahhh okay! And yes I agree, but as you're passionate about them I'm sure you'll do well! And yes, my current school seems to want me to stay.. but that could be in terms of their funding if I'm honest:wink: And yes I agree - as otherwise my Alevels are more 'englishy' so it would be a good spread! Also, I think that is good, especially the no coursework part as from doing my GCSEs I've realised coursework is definitely not for me!!

I don't if I'm honest, English and a language perhaps, it all depends on what I decide to do. A year abroad sounds good. What are you considering?

Myself, I want to do experimental/behavioural psychology- basically BSc instead of BA. It usually requires two sciences at HL, so I should hopefully be fine...

I was going to ask- have you considered looking into something like anthropology? Your subject choices look like you might like it. Might be wrong though...

February.
Original post by Gingerbread101
What did you think of it? :smile: I do A Level maths :biggrin:
Do you need to prepare stuff for it? I hope it goes well! :h:
I'm good thanks, I have almost no homework right now :biggrin:

I've had 3 sessions, one for M2, one for S2 and one for C2. I enjoyed Core the most even though I expected Mechanics to be more interesting :biggrin: How are you finding it?

Nope, wasn't even told what pretend job it would be for :smile: It went pretty well though, but apparently I was fidgeting :tongue:

Same here! :cool:
Original post by Strom
I've had 3 sessions, one for M2, one for S2 and one for C2. I enjoyed Core the most even though I expected Mechanics to be more interesting :biggrin: How are you finding it?

Nope, wasn't even told what pretend job it would be for :smile: It went pretty well though, but apparently I was fidgeting :tongue:

Same here! :cool:

I'm currently doing S1 and C1, and will be starting M1 and C2 soon :smile: I'm finding it really good, all kind of links into GCSE so it's not too difficult :biggrin:

I imagine I'd be awful in an interview, I get so nervous with things like that! :tongue:
Original post by Martie08
I've only found ones up to 2010 on extreme papers and the like, otherwise no :/ Try contacting your teacher, as they presumably will have access to them on e-AQA.

I'm sure the teachers will want to keep them a secret until after the mocks though... :/ oh well. I found a specimen paper which was quite useful!
Apparently my schools taking away study leave :frown: I'm so angry right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm currently doing S1 and C1, and will be starting M1 and C2 soon :smile: I'm finding it really good, all kind of links into GCSE so it's not too difficult :biggrin:

I imagine I'd be awful in an interview, I get so nervous with things like that! :tongue:

So you're doing Maths & FMaths? Which is better, M S or C? :cool::colone: When I tell people I enjoy maths they just look at me in disgust :sexface:

Have you never had one? I had to lie because I was asked about something that I accidentally left on my PS! :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
So you're doing Maths & FMaths? Which is better, M S or C? :cool::colone: When I tell people I enjoy maths they just look at me in disgust :sexface:

Have you never had one? I had to lie because I was asked about something that I accidentally left on my PS! :biggrin:

Nope just maths, we do C1, C2, S1 and M1 in AS, then if I carry it on to the full A Level I'll do C3, C4, S2 and M2 (I think) :tongue:
I personally like C and S the same (can't judge M get as haven't done it), but I'm better at stats :smile:

Never had one, our school sometimes does stuff like that but didn't for our year for some reason :tongue:
Original post by Strom

Maths is my favorite subject, I'm looking forward to taking it at A-level. I didn't take Further Maths though. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tryrevise
Apparently my schools taking away study leave :frown: I'm so angry right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the real exams or mocks?

Latest