The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
You guys aren't as bad for letting the thread die as the A Level peeps are, I need to get in there and start them talking! :tongue:

Haven't been on the Y12/13 threads in ages :tongue: Yes, do! It is your duty :colone: :lol:
Just had Parents evening - my history teacher, who I adore, said I was incredible, and that I don't need to bother buying a revision guide because my notes are already better than the stuff in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
Haven't been on the Y12/13 threads in ages :tongue: Yes, do! It is your duty :colone: :lol:

haha it actually kind of is :lol: I've never been on the Y13 one but I probably should considering I technically moderate it :rolleyes:
mocks start on Monday,
and I still need to revise all the yr 10 and 11 topics we've covered for maths

Better get revising :tongue: I feel so unprepared
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
Just had Parents evening - my history teacher, who I adore, said I was incredible, and that I don't need to bother buying a revision guide because my notes are already better than the stuff in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that :wink:
Original post by Gilo98

I-
Omg-
So harsh-

^ My reactions to your comment. Dude... :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
I-
Omg-
So hars-

^ My reactions to your comment. Dude... :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

why? :mmm:

How are you? :smile:
Original post by Gilo98
why? :mmm:

How are you? :smile:

You know. :rolleyes::tongue:

I'm good, thank you but a little stressed!! I have quite a few deadlines for stuff and catching up! :eek::eek: You? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know. :rolleyes::tongue:

I'm good, thank you but a little stressed!! I have quite a few deadlines for stuff and catching up! :eek::eek: You? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:

:frown: Thats a shame. I am just coming to the end of our two week session of mocks so not much to do now :biggrin: Freeeeedommm....

I joke :ashamed2: :smile:
Original post by Gilo98
:tongue:

:frown: Thats a shame. I am just coming to the end of our two week session of mocks so not much to do now :biggrin: Freeeeedommm....

Kinda. :frown::moon: I just want to get it all done! :ahee: November mocks?? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda. :frown::moon: I just want to get it all done! :ahee: November mocks?? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep aha. These are like 'mock' mocks - the real 'mocks' being in Feb/March :h:
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check you out :awesome:
Original post by Gilo98
Yep aha. These are like 'mock' mocks - the real 'mocks' being in Feb/March :h:

Ah okay! That makes more sense. :tongue: Y11... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm choosing my a-levels and I'm really stuck on what to do. I want to do medicine in the future so I'm doing bio and chem. I want to take 2 more and my choices are between:
Psychology
English Lang
And health and social care
Any advice on what I should choose?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Hey guys, I'm choosing my a-levels and I'm really stuck on what to do. I want to do medicine in the future so I'm doing bio and chem. I want to take 2 more and my choices are between:
Psychology
English Lang
And health and social care
Any advice on what I should choose?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: I would really think about doing a third science if possible, but if you're not confident with physics or maths then I'd recommend doing at least one more facilitating subject as these are generally the most respected and academic which is what you want for medicine as it is so competitive. Out of the three you have there, I'd probably go for psychology, but none of those three are facilitating subjects. Health and social care isn't very respected at A level and English language is less respected than literature, so have you thought of doing English lit instead? In your position, I'd make sure at least one out of your remaining two was one of maths/physics/geography/history/english lit or any foreign language (the facilitating subjects excluding bio/chem) and then maybe take psychology as your fourth :smile: hope that was helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Hi :smile: I would really think about doing a third science if possible, but if you're not confident with physics or maths then I'd recommend doing at least one more facilitating subject as these are generally the most respected and academic which is what you want for medicine as it is so competitive. Out of the three you have there, I'd probably go for psychology, but none of those three are facilitating subjects. Health and social care isn't very respected at A level and English language is less respected than literature, so have you thought of doing English lit instead? In your position, I'd make sure at least one out of your remaining two was one of maths/physics/geography/history/english lit or any foreign language (the facilitating subjects excluding bio/chem) and then maybe take psychology as your fourth :smile: hope that was helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was very helpful thankyou! And yes I was thinking history as well I just forgot to write it down!-,- the problem is bio, chem, history and psychology don't offer AS courses meaning that I'd have to do 4 a2's which is a lot of work tbh, I'm not sure whether only taking 3 would be a huge mistake though! It's all so confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to see Mockingjay today.

Oh my goodness, it was amazing.
Original post by Steliata
I went to see Mockingjay today.

Oh my goodness, it was amazing.

I can't wait to watch it!!

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't wait to watch it!!

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a certain scene in it (won't spoil) that completely gave me the chills!

Latest