The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Big Show's promo last night on RAW was dreadful - and Reigns is being given some awful material on the mic.

What's the point of Cesaro/Kidd being paired up with ****ing Rose, too? Damages their credibility.

On the plus side, Rollins didn't look out of place AT ALL with Lesnar/Heyman/Cena. I expect Heyman to turn on Lesnar and align with Rollins soon. Will be great to see. He's a legit main eventer now, and it's come organically compared to Reigns' rise.

Good to see Bryan back in a programme with the Authority, too. And Ambrose's sketches with the psychologist were pretty fun, but I wish they'd give him some big wins after losing to Wyatt in the ambulance match. The match with Rusev made him look gutsy, so that's a start.
Original post by Mackay
On the plus side, Rollins didn't look out of place AT ALL with Lesnar/Heyman/Cena. I expect Heyman to turn on Lesnar and align with Rollins soon. Will be great to see. He's a legit main eventer now, and it's come organically compared to Reigns' rise.

That's the funny thing, he could've done all this without the MITB. It shows how pointless and counter-productive the MITB quick-fix push to champion is.

After the first couple of times when it was used properly (Edge with a surprise win and being the Ultimate Opportunist and RVD/ECW challenging WWE), it's just been a way of getting someone they want as champ to be champ without booking him properly, then when he's champ they're too scared to do anything because he wasn't booked properly. Punk, Swagger, Ziggler etc. had infamously awful reigns.
Reply 182
Original post by ozzyoscy
Punk, Swagger, Ziggler etc. had infamously awful reigns.

One word: Sandow.
Best use of JR's commentary I've seen

Reply 184
JBL is doing an awful job of trying to make the Ascension look dominant. Why have them beat jobbers only for a commentator to suggest they are getting fed easy wins?

The New Day beat Kidd/Cesaro/Rose on Main Event. Why put Kidd and Cesaro with Adam Rose, WWE? Why?!
I hate JBL as a commentator. Man I wish JR was back. That man was one of few things consistently good in WWE. As for Cole, meh hes alright and the King is a little better
Reply 186
Original post by ozzyoscy
That's the funny thing, he could've done all this without the MITB. It shows how pointless and counter-productive the MITB quick-fix push to champion is.

After the first couple of times when it was used properly (Edge with a surprise win and being the Ultimate Opportunist and RVD/ECW challenging WWE), it's just been a way of getting someone they want as champ to be champ without booking him properly, then when he's champ they're too scared to do anything because he wasn't booked properly. Punk, Swagger, Ziggler etc. had infamously awful reigns.

Ziggler's short lived reign had more to do with his injury though?
Reply 187
Original post by heavyhandscott
I hate JBL as a commentator. Man I wish JR was back. That man was one of few things consistently good in WWE. As for Cole, meh hes alright and the King is a little better

Cole's a weird one. He's not good, per se, but I think I'd miss him if he was gone. He's one of the last remnants of the glory days.

Always thought Christian would be an epic commentator for RAW tbh.
Original post by AR_95
Ziggler's short lived reign had more to do with his injury though?

Doubt it, it's not like he got the title right back when he was 100% and went on a lengthy reign like other champions who lose the title to injury.
Caught Reigns' promo on RAW, he lost me as soon as he began that story of the beanstalk. He'll be getting booed at WM at this rate, whole-heartedly by the crowd.

He started it off OK tbf but Vince, who is apparently writing his stuff, is on the 'fast lane' to ruining him.
Reply 190
Original post by Aky786UK
Caught Reigns' promo on RAW, he lost me as soon as he began that story of the beanstalk. He'll be getting booed at WM at this rate, whole-heartedly by the crowd.

He started it off OK tbf but Vince, who is apparently writing his stuff, is on the 'fast lane' to ruining him.

At least he didn't say "suffering succotash" like last week ffs.
Reply 191
John Cena and Roman Reigns vs. Big Show and Seth Rollins is being advertised locally for next month's WWE Fast Lane pay-per-view.

Word from within WWE is that this match could happen but it was just announced as a placeholder for local marketing and to help with ticket sales.
Original post by Mackay
John Cena and Roman Reigns vs. Big Show and Seth Rollins is being advertised locally for next month's WWE Fast Lane pay-per-view.

Word from within WWE is that this match could happen but it was just announced as a placeholder for local marketing and to help with ticket sales.

Nothing sells tickets like a Big Show tag match.
And why the hell is Smackdown moved to Thursdays. Its always been Friday Night Smackdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
And why the hell is Smackdown moved to Thursdays. Its always been Friday Night Smackdown

Posted from TSR Mobile

It started off originally as a Thursday night show. Until around 2005.

I.e. when it got ****.
Reply 195
Original post by Aky786UK

ala Ryback v2
Original post by Mackay
It started off originally as a Thursday night show. Until around 2005.

I.e. when it got ****.

Its still on same time Sky Sports, but the chances are ill check the spoilers or watch some tomorrow before the show... Already read the spoilers :frown:
Reply 197
Its still on same time Sky Sports, but the chances are ill check the spoilers or watch some tomorrow before the show... Already read the spoilers :frown:

I'm guilty of reading the spoilers, too.

Good to hear Bryan's back in the ring, though. Adds some prestige to the first Thursday night Smackdown.
Original post by Mackay
I'm guilty of reading the spoilers, too.

Good to hear Bryan's back in the ring, though. Adds some prestige to the first Thursday night Smackdown.

Im happy cus when is tarted getting back into it he was just injured. As iconic as the beard is, he doesnt quite suit the WWE champ and himbilly look. Then again, with bard and short hair he looks like a noob.

Spoilers are also one of many reason why WWE sucks compared to before because people just let everything out and theres no surprises.

Was watching an interviwe with goldust and Cody (before stardust) and the interviewer said will it be brother to brother their reply was no cus the internet already spoiled it :frown: The talks of that match return near WM31
Reply 199
Hope Heyman turns on Lesnar at the RR and costs him the championship, thus aligning himself with Rollins.

When Lesnar's contract runs out at the end of his current run, Heyman needs to be kept in the picture in terms of WWE. He needs to stay relevant to the product, and it makes sense for him to be managing one of the company's top stars in the upper echelon (and Rollins is the best heel they have by FAR).

It would boost Rollins' credibility so much. Imagine their promos together.

Quick Reply

Latest