The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by AR_95
Finally, a great raw before Rumble. Totally marked out at Sting, again.

Lesnar's making a great tweener too. Finished too strong for me to think he's going to retain the title though, which is a shame. I don't want him to leave already

Feels like last night's made up for the dross of the previous three weeks tbh.

GREAT to see APA and NWO back in the ring, but The New Age Outlaws vs. The Ascension is a pointless match for the Rumble. Likewise, the Uso vs. Miz/Mizdow storyline has grown stale now and both teams would be wise to move on from each other.

That said, the Lesnar/Rollins/Cena angle was perfectly executed. Made a nice change to hear Lesnar talk more, and Heyman's "adults" jibe at Rollins was hilarious. I can still see Heyman back-stabbing Lesnar and aligning with Rollins at the Rumble, and I hope it happens, because their promos would be mind-blowing.

Great to see Sting, too. That's two of his six scheduled appearances down! Will we see another at the Rumble?
Original post by AR_95
Finally, a great raw before Rumble. Totally marked out at Sting, again.

Lesnar's making a great tweener too. Finished too strong for me to think he's going to retain the title though, which is a shame. I don't want him to leave already

Lesnar being anything but strong would be against his character. Cena is at SuperCena level now from what I know he's done in the past two weeks at the least. If he pins Brock (God forbid he make him submit, to the STFU of all things), Brock's gonna look human again.

Maybe it'll just get more convoluted for February if Cena wins but by beating Rollins, thus a rematch between Brock/Cena where Cena wins clean then Rollins cashes in to end the feud and go on to face the Rumble winner. Makes the most sense to end it at the last PPV before WrestleMania, unless they pull some BS like Cena loses but then wins the Rumble.
Reply 242
Original post by ozzyoscy
Lesnar being anything but strong would be against his character. Cena is at SuperCena level now from what I know he's done in the past two weeks at the least. If he pins Brock (God forbid he make him submit, to the STFU of all things), Brock's gonna look human again.

Maybe it'll just get more convoluted for February if Cena wins but by beating Rollins, thus a rematch between Brock/Cena where Cena wins clean then Rollins cashes in to end the feud and go on to face the Rumble winner. Makes the most sense to end it at the last PPV before WrestleMania, unless they pull some BS like Cena loses but then wins the Rumble.

It definitely makes the most sense for Lesnar to hold onto the belt and lose it at Mania, but I am hoping for a Heyman double-cross and Rollins to go to WM as the champion somehow.

Cena needs to be kept away from the belt. He should be in a programme with Rusev for WM31 imo.
Original post by Mackay
It definitely makes the most sense for Lesnar to hold onto the belt and lose it at Mania, but I am hoping for a Heyman double-cross and Rollins to go to WM as the champion somehow.

Cena needs to be kept away from the belt. He should be in a programme with Rusev for WM31 imo.

It's nice to have so many variables for once. As well as the three-way, there's the MITB contract, Sting, Orton, and the Rumble winner. Makes things less predictable hopefully. Assuming for the next few months we don't get...

My RR2015 returns predictions:

DDP
Ryback
Dolph Ziggler
Erik Rowan
Randy Orton
HHH V Sting is definitely on thr cards since Sting always comes to battle against authority
Reply 246
Original post by ozzyoscy
It's nice to have so many variables for once. As well as the three-way, there's the MITB contract, Sting, Orton, and the Rumble winner. Makes things less predictable hopefully. Assuming for the next few months we don't get...

Forgot about Orton. Makes sense to put him feuding with Rollins upon his return. Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Orton for the title would be a fresh feud and decent watch.

Wonder what the long-term plans are for Bryan. He's preoccupied with Kane right now, and it doesn't look like he'll be winning the Rumble if Vince plumps for Reigns, and he can't face HHH if Sting's on the scene.

Wyatt is lacking a feud, too.
I wish ambrose was higher up in the ranks but current gimmick isnt an a list card kinda style

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Wonder what the long-term plans are for Bryan.

The long-awaited Bryan vs Sheamus III at WrestleMania, then next WrestleMania have Bryan vs Sheamus IV, then more Bryan vs Sheamus. And all the matches are either dark or 18 seconds long.

If at any point Sheamus gets injured, he'll be replaced with Kane for Kane vs Bryan III. If Bryan gets injured, he'll be replaced with Orton for Orton vs Sheamus XXXVIII. If both get injured, Triple H will pull double duty and book himself against one of the other biggest names they have in a triple main event in which he's in two of them. Or failing that, just add a 20-minute promo where he talks about himself.
Reply 249
Original post by heavyhandscott
I wish ambrose was higher up in the ranks but current gimmick isnt an a list card kinda style

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's being handed losses left, right and centre, too.

Good to see him pick up a win over BNB last night.
Reply 250
AT&T Stadium in Texas to host WM32, it's been announced today.
Original post by Mackay
He's being handed losses left, right and centre, too.

Good to see him pick up a win over BNB last night.

thanks for spoiling :wink:

He should be IC champ, very underrated induvidual. Talking of underrated, doesnt get more underrated than Shane O'Mac.
Original post by Mackay
AT&T Stadium in Texas to host WM32, it's been announced today.

WHAT?
I pray for a Steve Austin involvment... Physical I hope..

If you wanna see Austin wrestle again, gimme a HELL YEAH!
Reply 253
WHAT?
I pray for a Steve Austin involvment... Physical I hope..

If you wanna see Austin wrestle again, gimme a HELL YEAH!

Would be surprised if he didn't host it.

Whilst it's good that WM is pretty exclusive to stadiums these days with WWE's popularity, I can't help but think it would be great to host another Mania in MSG. Nothing says Mania like Madison Square Garden.
Original post by Mackay
Would be surprised if he didn't host it.

Whilst it's good that WM is pretty exclusive to stadiums these days with WWE's popularity, I can't help but think it would be great to host another Mania in MSG. Nothing says Mania like Madison Square Garden.

Yeah. That place for me if you say it i think WM.

WM 17, one of the best I used to have on VHS (those were the days)

I remember watching the gimmick battle royal and thinking WTF XD
Reply 255
Yeah. That place for me if you say it i think WM.

WM 17, one of the best I used to have on VHS (those were the days)

I remember watching the gimmick battle royal and thinking WTF XD

Speaking of WM X-Seven, check out the latest episode of Rivalries on the Network. Matt Hardy vs. Edge.
Original post by Mackay
Speaking of WM X-Seven, check out the latest episode of Rivalries on the Network. Matt Hardy vs. Edge.

Watched it on watch-wrestling website. Awesome. I wish i was older during that era to watch all the stuff, it was amazing.

But the again i would have to see Raw at 1am or have sky sports to catch repeats
Reply 257
Rumble card:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:
-Brock Lesnar (c) vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
-The Usos (c) vs. The Miz and Damien Mizdow

-Paige and Natalya vs. The Bella Twins

-The Ascension vs. The New Age Outlaws

Pre-show
-The New Day vs. Adam Rose, Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
Reply 258
Everybody, go check out the vid of HHH breaking kayfabe to console a crying kid in the crowd last night!

Mad respect for him.
HHH a true legend.

Quick Reply

Latest