The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Why are you so worried about his legacy? As a fan, you should just want to see the best fight, and unless he goes up to 160 and fights a proper middleweight (GGG), Pacquiao is his best fight. No one wants to see Cotto again, he already beat him relatively comfortably, and Cotto has since been outboxed by Austin ****ing Trout. I don't take much away from his win against a one legged Maravilla. I'd rather see Floyd fight Khan or Thurman rather than Cotto, both of which would be tougher fights than Cotto too.

Well, there are a lot of things that we would like but since Floyd only has 2 more fights, I don't really see him risking it by fighting a GGG (lol) or a Khan

I am simply explaining why his choices make the most sense
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, there are a lot of things that we would like but since Floyd only has 2 more fights, I don't really see him risking it by fighting a GGG (lol) or a Khan

I am simply explaining why his choices make the most sense

The fight that makes the most sense is the same fight that's made the most sense ever since Manny ****ed up Oscar. Over six years since Manny moved up to 147, and it still hasn't happened.
The fight that makes the most sense is the same fight that's made the most sense ever since Manny ****ed up Oscar. Over six years since Manny moved up to 147, and it still hasn't happened.

As I said before, it doesn't make sense to do it in May if he has the possibility to make boxing history.
Original post by DorianGrayism
As I said before, it doesn't make sense to do it in May if he has the possibility to make boxing history.

How does the biggest fight in boxing history not make sense?
How does the biggest fight in boxing history not make sense?

I am not saying it won't happen

It makes sense for him to fight Cotto first in May and then fight Pac Man after.
Reply 5965
DeGale should be fighting Dirrell/Groves/Froch. Kessler needs to earn a shot imo, you can't just retire for two years and get a fight against a title contender.

Kell Brook will probably be fighting Jojo Dan.
Original post by trrr
DeGale should be fighting Dirrell/Groves/Froch. Kessler needs to earn a shot imo, you can't just retire for two years and get a fight against a title contender.

Groves rematch makes the most sense for me.
Wonder who Brook will fight in his return - certainly building up to it slowly.

It'll be a tune up fight after the attack. I'm thinking Brook v Carson Jones III....
Rumour is that Kell Brook was going to fight Josesito Lopez before he got injured, not sure if that's still on the table, but would have been a decent first defense. Agree with trrr, he'll probably fight his mandatory.
Reply 5969
Lopez v berto is in the works for march/April so I reckon he's gonna get the mandatory out the way which is Jo Jo Dan.
Hearn expects Froch to fight before the summer, despite his injury in training.

He should settle for a De Gale fight imo.
Rumours of him v Hopkins - that'd be a much more of a fight that fans could get interested in than Chavez Jnr.

I can't see him going for De Gale, think he will relinquish the IBF belt and keep the WBA and fight Hopkins and then De Gale end of the year if he carries on.
Reply 5972
Original post by Aky786UK
Rumours of him v Hopkins - that'd be a much more of a fight that fans could get interested in than Chavez Jnr.

I can't see him going for De Gale, think he will relinquish the IBF belt and keep the WBA and fight Hopkins and then De Gale end of the year if he carries on.

Not happening, Eddie offered him Hopkins and GGG he said I'll wait for Chavez. Hopkins would beat froch he wouldn't be able to produce a shutout like kovalev did and if kovalev couldn't ko him then froch definitely can't.
^Hmm, yeah despite a loss for Hopkins in his last fight, still wouldn't put it past him to beat Froch and everyone seems to be avoiding GGG (can't blame them)
Original post by Aky786UK

Can't see it either. Think De Gale's logical next move is a rematch with Groves.
Reply 5975
Original post by Mackay
Can't see it either. Think De Gale's logical next move is a rematch with Groves.

It isn't logical without a belt on the line. Both men will face the Dirells this year for the wbc and IBF belts. You'll most likely see degale groves in 2016
Would be funny if Froch and Calzaghe both used Hopkins for retirement fights.
Would be funny if Froch and Calzaghe both used Hopkins for retirement fights.

Lol Fury and Wilder will retire before Hopkins.

Hopkins is now 152 years old. True story.
Canelo-Kirkland signed for May 2. Khan could learn a thing or two from Canelo. Set himself a deadline for the Cotto. Once he realised it wasn't happening, quickly got another fight sorted out, instead of twiddling his thumbs for another six months doing nothing. He'll move off the date if May-Pac happens though. The fact that they've already announced it for May 2 makes me reckon ODLH doesn't think May-Pac is happening.
Froch vacates.

Latest