The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Graphic Design and Illustration at Liverpool John Moores University

Hello,
I am new to all this and i just wondered i have an interview for LJMU on the Graphic Design and Illustration course soon and i would love to hear back from somebody who is in the same position as i am if i get an offer LJMU will be made my firm choice.:smile: So are there any of you out there who have applied for this course this year ???:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for it too! :biggrin: I'm just waiting for the interview. Xxx so bloody nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool
Reply 2
Cool! me too, when is your interview ? x:smile:
Reply 3
I'm currently waiting for the interview, I applied for LJM on January 26th. Reference had been a pain so I couldn't apply on Jan 15th. Though I am so excited!! xx
Reply 4
Oh cool I applied on the 30th December and my interview is on the 16th of February. Have you made a portfolio ??
Reply 5
I am currently doing so! It's so annoying but it will be worth it if I get in! xx
Reply 6
I feel like I haven't done enough on mine. I had an interview at Coventry yesterday and they gave me a offer. They liked my work but, I feel as if there is not a lot in mine. My sister is applying for costume design she's got like 5 huge sketchbooks to show at her interviews I only have 3.
Reply 7
Original post by Sarahval14
I feel like I haven't done enough on mine. I had an interview at Coventry yesterday and they gave me a offer. They liked my work but, I feel as if there is not a lot in mine. My sister is applying for costume design she's got like 5 huge sketchbooks to show at her interviews I only have 3.

3 sketch books, your doing better than me! I am trying to fill mine in and it's just really hard to be honest with you. I got told from a previous art student 10 pieces in your portfolio and two sketch books. I am struggling to fill one sketch book. XX
Reply 8
Have you not taken a art course that you have had to produce work for???. Because at our sixthform we produce a sketch book ?
Reply 9
Hey! I've applied! My interview is on Tuesday (the 17th). Is everyone a foundation student??
Original post by ldav
Hey! I've applied! My interview is on Tuesday (the 17th). Is everyone a foundation student??

Well done my lovely! <3 hope everyone is ready for their Interview, I just had my interview date this week for the 19th!! :O <3
Reply 11
Original post by Shankies
Well done my lovely! <3 hope everyone is ready for their Interview, I just had my interview date this week for the 19th!! :O <3

Thank you!! You too, I'll let you know what it's like! x
Reply 12
Hi guys just had mine yesturday it was awsome the staff are really friendly and don't quiz you they just want to see where you are at with your work and if your suitable for the course I'm not 100% sure that it went amazingly but it was a nice interview and I hope I get an offer as I'm making it my firm choice x im not going in for foundation btw
Reply 13
Good look to you and let me know how you get on x :smile:
Original post by Sarahval14
Hi guys just had mine yesturday it was awsome the staff are really friendly and don't quiz you they just want to see where you are at with your work and if your suitable for the course I'm not 100% sure that it went amazingly but it was a nice interview and I hope I get an offer as I'm making it my firm choice x im not going in for foundation btw

Good luck hope you get an offer :smile:
Original post by ldav

Hey I had one on the 17th. Did you get a reply yet? Good Luck :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by digitaldesigns
Hey I had one on the 17th. Did you get a reply yet? Good Luck :smile:

Yeah! I heard back on Tuesday with an unconditional but I'm going to decline the offer. It was a lovely interview and great course/building, though. Just wasn't for me. Have you heard anything?
Original post by ldav
Yeah! I heard back on Tuesday with an unconditional but I'm going to decline the offer. It was a lovely interview and great course/building, though. Just wasn't for me. Have you heard anything?

Unconditional,thats really good. Ahh fair enough whats putting you off there? Yeah got an offer just need the 280 points :smile:. Where you fancy going instead?
Reply 18
Original post by digitaldesigns
Unconditional,thats really good. Ahh fair enough whats putting you off there? Yeah got an offer just need the 280 points :smile:. Where you fancy going instead?

Are you on foundation? Well done, that's brilliant! Is it your first choice? I've got a conditional from Kingston so I think I want to go there but just need to decide between Liverpool and Manchester for my insurance but I think I'm going with Manchester!
Reply 19
Congratulations guys looks like I will have to go some where else I'm very disappointed :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending