The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Freshers Top Tips

Hi guys,

Freshers week is almost upon us and it can be equally as nerve-wracking as it can be exciting! Not only is it a great opportunity to bag yourself freebies during the Fresher's Fair from the multiple stalls, but it is also a great opportunity to socialize and make new friends, as university is understandably nerve-wracking in itself.

I thought here we could share any tips and advice for the upcoming freshers week, just to help each other out :smile:

One of my tips would be, if you are venturing out into the city centre, then try and head out in a large group. Not only does it split the cost of the taxi fare, but it is much safer! If you are a fresher in a new and unfamiliar city then it is best to stick with plenty of friends, as it keeps you all at ease!

Share any top tips down below!

Estelle
Graduate Advocate
Hi!

My top tip would be to check out the freshers events for your institution and get involved in as many as you! Our LJMU freshers fair is on Friday 22nd September.

I would also recommend looking at what clubs and societies your uni offers and if there is anything that interests you, join up. It's a great way to make friends outside of your accommodation or course :smile:

Ellen
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LJMU Rep
Hi!

My top tip would be to check out the freshers events for your institution and get involved in as many as you! Our LJMU freshers fair is on Friday 22nd September.

I would also recommend looking at what clubs and societies your uni offers and if there is anything that interests you, join up. It's a great way to make friends outside of your accommodation or course :smile:

Ellen

Hi,
It is such a shame that there isn't any evenings organised for those students on their own/ who haven't found their people yet.
It would be nice if they could meet at the student building and go into town together. Not all students have social flat mates that they get on with.
Hard to enjoy freshers when you are on your own :frown:
Reply 3
Hi,
It is such a shame that there isn't any evenings organised for those students on their own/ who haven't found their people yet.
It would be nice if they could meet at the student building and go into town together. Not all students have social flat mates that they get on with.
Hard to enjoy freshers when you are on your own
Original post by CathyC37
Hi,

Hi Cathy,

Are you a student at LJMU? We have the Campus Connect app which all our students can join and join groups based on interests/accommodation/what they are studying - it's a great way to meet people. Also, our freshers schedule does have events on that lots of people will be going too alone - https://www.jmsu.co.uk/freshers . There's a candle making workshop tonight which sounds so fun! Also I recommend going along go our freshers fair today at the Exhibition Centre - details are on the link I just put. It's open 10.30am-5pm. It would be a good way to meet new people.

If you aren't an LJMU student, what uni are you studying at? I'm sure they will have similar events on - let me know and I can look for you.

Ellen
Original post by CathyC37
Hi,

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you feel disheartened!

If you are attending Liverpool Hope University, all of our events during our Fresher's Week are designed to bring together not just non-residential and residential students, but also those who may not have made friends. The fear of making no friends at the beginning of university is a common one, and you are not alone in that sense! However, the events our Hope Social Team put on are made to encourage people to mingle!

Click here to see what we have going across our three campuses :smile:

Our Fresher's Fair is 27th September 11am-4pm in our Hope Park Sports building, and this is a great opportunity to meet our Student Union and our different sports teams and societies! This is also one of the ways in which you can make new friends, as joining a sports team or society brings people together who share the same interests!

If you are attending Liverpool Hope University this year, I hope you can bear these things in mind and have a good start to your year regardless :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending