The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Reigns is boring on his own. He will be found out soon.

He needs a Heyman. Dare I say, Heyman and he will join forces once Lesnar leaves.
Reply 621
Original post by Bubzeh
Reigns is boring on his own. He will be found out soon.

He needs a Heyman. Dare I say, Heyman and he will join forces once Lesnar leaves.

It's already been rumoured. Makes sense given Heyman's respect promo toward Reigns last week.
Reply 622
Is Heyman really suited to take a new wrestler under his wing? Took Axel, Cesaro and did nothing for them. Not saying it's his fault obviously.
Reply 623
Original post by AR_95
Is Heyman really suited to take a new wrestler under his wing? Took Axel, Cesaro and did nothing for them. Not saying it's his fault obviously.

Cesaro/Axel were both half-arsed pushes, though.

If the company is intent on having Reigns be the new 'man' - then Heyman makes sense. Personally can't see him turning heel any time soon, and Heyman can't be a face's manager. I think WWE aren't brave enough to make Reigns a heel right now - they are trying to morph him into SuperCena Mk II.
Reigns needs to be on his own. They just need to book him properly.

Have a look at this before it gets deleted...

Reply 625
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Reigns needs to be on his own. They just need to book him properly.

Have a look at this before it gets deleted...

Bryan is cool as **** really. He seems so respectful and easy going. Thought it when I watched WWE24, too.

Heard he wants to duet with Frank Turner, too. Love that.
I was looking at the Raw ratings more closely, and wow WWE is in bad shape. They've actually been scoring 2.X numbers, they're steadily approaching Impact numbers. What was interesting is that ratings suddenly decreased at the end of 2011, but again there was a sudden decrease in May 2014, exactly when Bryan had to vacate the title. They've never recovered from that, but there'll be the annual ratings bump for WrestleMania.
Reply 627
Original post by ozzyoscy
I was looking at the Raw ratings more closely, and wow WWE is in bad shape. They've actually been scoring 2.X numbers, they're steadily approaching Impact numbers. What was interesting is that ratings suddenly decreased at the end of 2011, but again there was a sudden decrease in May 2014, exactly when Bryan had to vacate the title. They've never recovered from that, but there'll be the annual ratings bump for WrestleMania.

Until 2012, the show only ran for two hours.

Raw must move to a two-hour length as soon as possible. This will limit the level of filler in the show and will force WWE to spotlight the best superstars on the roster and be more conservative with promos.

The lack of competition is also an issue. There are no alternatives on primetime American television - so Vince knows he can effectively do what he wants without improving the product.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Does that say monthly. Then that's fine as this month is free anyway. Maybe they charge 9.99 purchase price the cheeky buggars. Anyone clarify this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I purchased for royal rumble night and no money has been taken from my account so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
The lack of competition is also an issue. There are no alternatives on primetime American television - so Vince knows he can effectively do what he wants without improving the product.

This 100%. I wish TNA would boom but theyve just always been there in the background
Reply 630
Original post by heavyhandscott
This 100%. I wish TNA would boom but theyve just always been there in the background

TNA will never be a legit competitor - I'm unsure if anything will be.

The real problem is the fact they are a publicly traded company now. Its a completely different thing then when it was a private business. Stockholders are going to be pressuring the company to show financial results on a quarterly basis.

What this is causing is an over reliance on older timers and nostalgia for short term gains.

Buy rates are down - but WrestleMania is still the 8th highest brand value sporting event, behind the Super Bowl, World Cup, Champions League, Olympics and World Series.

WWE is dying because TV is dying, basically.
Original post by Mackay
TNA will never be a legit competitor - I'm unsure if anything will be.

The real problem is the fact they are a publicly traded company now. Its a completely different thing then when it was a private business. Stockholders are going to be pressuring the company to show financial results on a quarterly basis.

What this is causing is an over reliance on older timers and nostalgia for short term gains.

Buy rates are down - but WrestleMania is still the 8th highest brand value sporting event, behind the Super Bowl, World Cup, Champions League, Olympics and World Series.

WWE is dying because TV is dying, basically.

Definitely, the way we watch WWE has changed wity the times. In the Attitude Era we barely had spoilers etc

I guess they have the network, a WWE Netflix to boost profits.
Reply 632
Rumour has it Triple H's announcement tonight will be a multi-man match at Fast Lane.
Original post by Mackay
Rumour has it Triple H's announcement tonight will be a multi-man match at Fast Lane.

Multi-man match? Whats that? How does that change the course of everything?
Definitely, the way we watch WWE has changed wity the times. In the Attitude Era we barely had spoilers etc

Yeah luckily I didn't see any spoilers of rock comin in the rumble whilst most did it seems lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah luckily I didn't see any spoilers of rock comin in the rumble whilst most did it seems lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doest help when Im the one checking them all the time and liking facebook pages which put them all over my wall :rofl:
Reply 636
[video="youtube;mr8mfBRsD2s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8mfBRsD2s[/video]

I miss CM punk :frown:

More like kill profits. Shareholders thought the idea of getting people to buy LESS PPVs was suicide. The Network not being a major success also reduces all the wrestlers' pay.
More like kill profits. Shareholders thought the idea of getting people to buy LESS PPVs was suicide. The Network not being a major success also reduces all the wrestlers' pay.

There are a lot of problems with WWE. That is for sure.

Just a shame their majority income and fans are little kids who think theyre punching each other (well it is in the UK anyway)

Back in the days of Attitude Era most fans were adults
Reply 639

The PPVs need to change desperately. Far too many for a sane business.

Quick Reply

Latest