The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Can say for sure that the best of the podcast was Triple H shouting 'banana'. Not gonna lie, he came across quite well, which is annoying.

Original post by heavyhandscott
Should get your free February man. Worth it. Just cancel your account before 1st march (it ends 28th) so you arent charged for march unless you want it.

I know I'll wake up on the 1st of March thinking it's the 29th. Nah, Network doesn't really entice me.
Reply 661
Reigns beats lesnar, Rollins tries to cash in wins then Rollins cena and lesnar for the title. Anyone else think this or anything similar?
Reply 662
Original post by JohnLE
Reigns beats lesnar, Rollins tries to cash in wins then Rollins cena and lesnar for the title. Anyone else think this or anything similar?

Nah, I reckon Lesnar's out of the company post-Mania.

Cena should be kept away from the title picture for the next few months - until a meaningful feud arises and he can win it back to top Flair's record.

Give him a programme with Rusev, let Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose feud for the title.
Reply 663
No point of getting the network when you can just torrent the stuff on there and PPVs etc. Got over 2tb of WWF/WWE material.

If Big Show takes many more spears like that one last night he's just gonna die.

I'll give him until 2016.
Reply 664
Original post by Mackay
Nah, I reckon Lesnar's out of the company post-Mania.

Cena should be kept away from the title picture for the next few months - until a meaningful feud arises and he can win it back to top Flair's record.

Give him a programme with Rusev, let Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose feud for the title.

Makes sense whatever happens we all know cena will end up winnig at the end. What about the rock and triple h at mania that's happening did you see that segment they had when rock came back and fought with ruseev
Reply 665
Original post by JohnLE
Makes sense whatever happens we all know cena will end up winnig at the end. What about the rock and triple h at mania that's happening did you see that segment they had when rock came back and fought with ruseev

HHH is facing Sting.
Reply 666
Original post by Mackay
HHH is facing Sting.

Still think rock could face him
Rock's become a big stiff idiot ever since he returned in '11. The best he looked was in that tag team match vs The Awesome Truth, and that was only became Reks and Hawkins were personally thrown over to wherever Dwayne was to help him with the basics again. Would rather he never wrestled another match. Even Punk struggled to carry him.
Reply 668
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rock's become a big stiff idiot ever since he returned in '11. The best he looked was in that tag team match vs The Awesome Truth, and that was only became Reks and Hawkins were personally thrown over to wherever Dwayne was to help him with the basics again. Would rather he never wrestled another match. Even Punk struggled to carry him.

Only so many times the crowd can pop for "if ya smell..." and Rock popping up for a big match and then ****ing off, too.

Still think his freshest era was early '03, when he was fighting Hogan, Austin and Goldberg. Being a heel was such a natural fit for him once he'd left the company for Hollywood.
It's transparent as hell to bring Bryan out to save Vince again. Reigns, despite his weaknesses, deserves an opportunity to be booked properly, and allowed to grow (very quickly admittedly) into the role.

Bryan's a star, no doubt. But not overly comfortable with him taking Reigns spot for another year in a row unless they make it a Triple Threat and Reigns pins Bryan and Lesnar comes off strong.
Reply 670
Man, Triple H's WWE sounds so much better than Vince's:

- more NXT.
- RAW back to two hours.
- less scripted promos.
- focus/emphasis on women's division.
Original post by Mackay
Man, Triple H's WWE sounds so much better than Vince's:

- more NXT.
- RAW back to two hours.
- less scripted promos.
- focus/emphasis on women's division.

exactly. thats why i thought/said (i didnt literally) it was a good and promising interview
Reply 672
Original post by heavyhandscott
exactly. thats why i thought/said (i didnt literally) it was a good and promising interview

Amen.
Original post by Mackay
Amen.

I loved the "dont cut me out, who is that Vince??" at the end hahaha. At least he didnt go "Im triple H god damn it, dont cut me off"

Nobody likes an arrogant person whos famous and says "do you know who i am"
Its all about the game, and how you play it
I am the game, you don't wanna play me
Don't you forget there's a price you can pay
Cause I am the game and I want you play
Reply 675
Trips seems pretty self-aware tbh. He came across really well - especially his comments about the business. He's very aware of its place nowadays, with the rise of the IWC and death of kayfabe.
:facepalm:

"Royal Rumble: battle 30 men... I mean 29 men, for over an hour unless you enter later, for the main event spot at WrestleMania and to challenge the World Heavyweight champion!"

"Except you might be opening instead of main eventing"

"In fact you might not even be at WrestleMania"

If Bryan loses, they should be shot for making a match and angle solely to wind people up.

If Bryan wins, they should be shot for constantly shoehorning him in and cheapening his moments.

If they do a Rey Mysterio and Bryan wins but Reigns gets put back in because "you still won the Rumble", they should be shot for doing the same old Rey Mysterio ****, the same old triple threat ****, the same old Bryan **** and the same old not honouring stipulations ****.

No win situation unless Scott Steiner interferes, yells "give me the ****ing mic!" and starts shooting on everyone in the company.

Original post by Mackay
Trips seems pretty self-aware tbh. He came across really well - especially his comments about the business. He's very aware of its place nowadays, with the rise of the IWC and death of kayfabe.

WWE evolved kayfabe using dirt sheets, but they seem to have abandoned that now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 677
The Rumble rules are farcical - they seem to change year in, year out.

Know what else needs to stop? Wrestlers pointing at the ****ing WM sign.
LOL, agreed. Although I did get a laugh out of Perfect's lad doing it proving they are aware it's such a send up at this point.

Anybody seen the footage of the cameraman telling Orton to point to the sign until the pyro went off and there was a delay? Orton seemed visually annoyed.
Reply 679
Original post by Michael3C
LOL, agreed. Although I did get a laugh out of Perfect's lad doing it proving they are aware it's such a send up at this point.

Anybody seen the footage of the cameraman telling Orton to point to the sign until the pyro went off and there was a delay? Orton seemed visually annoyed.

Got a link?

Haha, Axel does a similar promo on SmackDown this week reportedly. Wonder what direction they are taking his gimmick. Should make him into a 'Legend Killer' type who gets squashed by veterans.

Quick Reply

Latest