The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turn-to-page394
Ah, c/w - I don't have it so it's all down to the exam. :frown:

The french language is annoying - why add in random letters when you don't say them. :rolleyes:

How we change :biggrin: In year 9 I would have said I'd do Geography but now - no. no. no. :biggrin:

I have to say I don't envy you! Is there writing in the exam too, or not?

It seems everyone has changed throughout years 10 and 11! I'd have said I'd be doing Food Technology A-Level back in year 9... :moon:
What GCSE results is everyone aiming to achieve?
Original post by simply_a_ Δ

I'm targeted straight A*s' but realistically I'd settle for 9A*s and 2As :biggrin: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm targeted straight A*s' but realistically I'd settle for 9A*s and 2As :biggrin: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aiming for 9A*s and 4As (three of the A grades were from the GCSEs I took in year 10)
Good luck to everyoneee
Original post by pursuedbyabear
It seems everyone has changed throughout years 10 and 11! I'd have said I'd be doing Food Technology A-Level back in year 9... :moon:

That's so true, back in Year 9 I thought my A Levels would most likely be History, Spanish, ICT, and Media Studies or Textiles for AS :colondollar: I'm not choosing any of these subjects though and the only ones out of these that I'm actually doing at GCSE are ICT (which I hugely regret) and Spanish. So yeah, subject choices can change a lot within a couple of years :biggrin:
Lol my subject choices haven't changed at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
I changed from Business to History before starting my GCSEs :smile:

Still not that sure on my A-level at the moment: I'll be doing Biology, Chemistry and maths for sure... not sure about Physics or History? I enjoy both
Aiming for 9A*s and 4As (three of the A grades were from the GCSEs I took in year 10)
Good luck to everyoneee

When did you start your revision?
in year 9 i thought i would do maths, chemistry, biology and physics a levels.... i was cray
Original post by Purple-Pixie
That's so true, back in Year 9 I thought my A Levels would most likely be History, Spanish, ICT, and Media Studies or Textiles for AS :colondollar: I'm not choosing any of these subjects though and the only ones out of these that I'm actually doing at GCSE are ICT (which I hugely regret) and Spanish. So yeah, subject choices can change a lot within a couple of years :biggrin:

I loved the idea of doing Media too, back then.:five: It was definitely one of my backup GCSE options - I'm glad I didn't end up doing it, though.

I would have ended up with a mixture of subjects that wouldn't have given me a set path. That's why I think it's bad to have kids pick their options so early. They can change quickly!
I loved the idea of doing Media too, back then.:five: It was definitely one of my backup GCSE options - I'm glad I didn't end up doing it, though.

I would have ended up with a mixture of subjects that wouldn't have given me a set path. That's why I think it's bad to have kids pick their options so early. They can change quickly!

:five: I'm glad I didn't end up doing it either, I thought it sounded good but I don't think it would have suited me.

I agree, it's bad to choose them too early. I really wish I had chosen History instead of ICT at GCSE. It's not just me though, nearly everyone in my class regrets choosing ICT :lol:
Does anyone know when Edexcel GCSE June 2014 past papers be available to Download?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MIST_123
Does anyone know when Edexcel GCSE June 2014 past papers be available to Download?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should be available 9 months after the exam.
The website says that they will be available from March. It is now March, so they should be available shortly.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just downloaded the maths one
its on their site right now

6A*s 2As 2Bs :smile: not as good as most of TSR but I'll be very, very happy if I get this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take to get a C grade to an A/A* grade? we only have 2 months left till gcse
Original post by DanielBaranowski
i just downloaded the maths one
its on their site right now

It's still showing that the June 2014 Papers are locked? Hopefully they will release them soon. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's still showing that the June 2014 Papers are locked? Hopefully they will release them soon. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yea I just realised that, I spoke too soon! sorry
I have to say I don't envy you! Is there writing in the exam too, or not?

Yes, there is... But only one 'big' (two pages max I think) and one 'small' (50 words) essay compared to numerous coursework I guess...? (Do you have to do numerous essays in coursework...?:biggrin:)
It's not that bad really compared to other 'writing' subjects such as history where my hand dies - and there's plenty of time - 1 hour 30 mins for reading and writing. :smile: I find the last listening question way harder - totally flopped it in the mocks. :rolleyes:

Kind of wish I did Food and Nutrition as a GCSE... The smell of food gets to me. :biggrin:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Yes, there is... But only one 'big' (two pages max I think) and one 'small' (50 words) essay compared to numerous coursework I guess...? (Do you have to do numerous essays in coursework...?:biggrin:)
It's not that bad really compared to other 'writing' subjects such as history where my hand dies - and there's plenty of time - 1 hour 30 mins for reading and writing. :smile: I find the last listening question way harder - totally flopped it in the mocks. :rolleyes:

Kind of wish I did Food and Nutrition as a GCSE... The smell of food gets to me. :biggrin:

Oh, ok. :smile: We have to submit two pieces of roughly 250 words each, but we actually do three and choose the best two. Then there's two speaking assesments as well.

I really don't like listening, either. German especially, as I find it so much harder than French for reading and listening! I'm dreading my language mocks to be honest... :eek:

I have to say I'm not particularly enjoying Food and Nutrition at the moment (our school made us take a technology subject)! Although it's like 60% coursework, most of that is writing - which is ridiculously boring, but yes the food is nice! :biggrin:

Latest