The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_K1NG
Best ending ever

Agreed
Brilliant ending.
I like Seth Rollins because he literally reminds me of CM Punk! I think that was a clever ending.
I'd give it around a 7/10. Predictable matches, poor card, HHH self-esteem issues, but all the talent put a shift in.
I dunno if anyone know this but if anyone has sky sports box office can you please tell me the name of the song played between showing, usually when it has the details up. I love that tune.
Reply 1525
Pretty decent 'mania. I normally find them a bit of an anti-climax.
Wyatt did well and got the best out of Undertaker. Fantastic ending - Full belly laugh when rollins stole the title.

Really looking forward to Monday night raw as 9 times out of 10 it tops mania.

lol
Thank god brock didn't win, hate that guy.
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
Thank god brock didn't win, hate that guy.

How can you hate Brock? Fine, he's a mercenary and dangerous on his opponents, but at least he tells his opponents to go stiff on him too. Reigns was legit shooting on him today.

I think Brock's latest run in the 'E is propelling him into ATG status. There is simply not a man past or present (except maybe Hogan/Andre in their prime when they were fighting on TV once a month) that is a more in demand pro wrestler than Brock Lesnar. He is absolutely must see every time he steps into the ring. He tells a story in the ring like no other pro wrestler before him. It's just so entertaining.
Not going to watch Raw as I assume it'll be pretty standard like last year, which I didn't watch. People will be waiting for Lesnar to appear but he might not for a few months.

Interesting that Lesnar tells the guys he works with to be stiff, I like to imagine it as a top secret test that he and Taker thought up. When Lesnar tells you to be stiff, you're actually supposed not be stiff and protect him. So when Cena, Reigns etc. walk back through the curtain, Taker's standing there hands on his hips, shaking his head, "you failed the test".
Reply 1530
So, basically:

- Tyson Kidd/Cesaro absolutely the right choice to keep the tag-team straps, especially given poor Jimmy's injury. The match was a bit contrived in terms of spots, but it was a fun kick-off.
- The Battle Royal was woefully constructed, bar Axel's moment/elimination and then Mizdow's face turn. Big Show didn't need the rub, obviously, and if him eliminating Itami wasn't bad enough, him winning the whole thing was.
- The IC ladder match was great. Few really good spots - BNB's bull hammer off the ladder, Ambrose being powerbombed through the ladder, Bryan/Ziggler's headbutts etc. Bryan absolutely the correct choice to go over. What a competitor he is - and he deserves another WM moment. Hopefully Connor's proud of him.
- Orton/Rollins - rushed, yes, but what a Goddamn ending. Maybe the best RKO of all-time, unlikely to be bettered.
- Sting/HHH - I genuinely hated it. I genuinely absolutely despised it. Some reviewers aren't giving it that bad of a reception, but I thought it was possibly the single biggest let-down in WM history. Triple H going over was ridiculous - and the hand-shake followed by his promo later on was just so contrived - while the nWo/DX scenario was fun briefly for the 'WTF' nature, but soon descended into ludicrousness. I hope that's not Sting done.
- Cena/Rusev - really well worked. The best ending (even if it was inevitable) and having Lana cost Rusev the match is extremely clever. That'll add a new dynamic to both their characters going forward. Plenty of superstars have been built before Manias, but the challenge for Rusev is how he capitalises and bounces back on this loss to Cena. The flying stunner was a great spot by Cena, and it's good to see the secondary titles gain some credibility with Cena and Bryan (who will be fighting champions) having them across their shoulder.
- The Rock promo was great and I totally marked out because the guy is such a legend. Points to ANOTHER HHH WM match next year, though. Urgh.
- Wyatt/Undertaker - the daytime completely ruined the entrances. Undertaker's Old School and the 'you still got it!' chants made me feel pretty great inside actually. Was great to hear/see after so much speculation he was finished. Not one of Taker's best Mania matches, but not one of his worst.
- Lesnar/Reigns - Christ, Brock is a beast. He is THE beast. That F5 after 30 seconds was brilliant, and his whole domination was so strong. He should have kept the belt imo, Best ending possible, too. Lesnar doesn't get beat and Rollins wins the strap, albeit making Reigns look strong and confirming his status as a headliner.

SHIELD TRIPLE-THREAT FEUD THIS SUMMER, PLEASE.
Reply 1531
Original post by Depleted
Nearly.

You basically got the Battle Royal call right, too. ****ing Big Show victory is about as farcical as a Kane one.
I don't know how I felt about wrestlemania tbh
Original post by rickjames
I think I'm the only Reigns fan here!

They've just buried him. Even if he was ultimately going to lose, at least make him look good. God that match did him NO favours at all.
Original post by Mackay
So, basically:

- Tyson Kidd/Cesaro absolutely the right choice to keep the tag-team straps, especially given poor Jimmy's injury. The match was a bit contrived in terms of spots, but it was a fun kick-off.
- The Battle Royal was woefully constructed, bar Axel's moment/elimination and then Mizdow's face turn. Big Show didn't need the rub, obviously, and if him eliminating Itami wasn't bad enough, him winning the whole thing was.
- The IC ladder match was great. Few really good spots - BNB's bull hammer off the ladder, Ambrose being powerbombed through the ladder, Bryan/Ziggler's headbutts etc. Bryan absolutely the correct choice to go over. What a competitor he is - and he deserves another WM moment. Hopefully Connor's proud of him.
- Orton/Rollins - rushed, yes, but what a Goddamn ending. Maybe the best RKO of all-time, unlikely to be bettered.
- Sting/HHH - I genuinely hated it. I genuinely absolutely despised it. Some reviewers aren't giving it that bad of a reception, but I thought it was possibly the single biggest let-down in WM history. Triple H going over was ridiculous - and the hand-shake followed by his promo later on was just so contrived - while the nWo/DX scenario was fun briefly for the 'WTF' nature, but soon descended into ludicrousness. I hope that's not Sting done.
- Cena/Rusev - really well worked. The best ending (even if it was inevitable) and having Lana cost Rusev the match is extremely clever. That'll add a new dynamic to both their characters going forward. Plenty of superstars have been built before Manias, but the challenge for Rusev is how he capitalises and bounces back on this loss to Cena. The flying stunner was a great spot by Cena, and it's good to see the secondary titles gain some credibility with Cena and Bryan (who will be fighting champions) having them across their shoulder.
- The Rock promo was great and I totally marked out because the guy is such a legend. Points to ANOTHER HHH WM match next year, though. Urgh.
- Wyatt/Undertaker - the daytime completely ruined the entrances. Undertaker's Old School and the 'you still got it!' chants made me feel pretty great inside actually. Was great to hear/see after so much speculation he was finished. Not one of Taker's best Mania matches, but not one of his worst.
- Lesnar/Reigns - Christ, Brock is a beast. He is THE beast. That F5 after 30 seconds was brilliant, and his whole domination was so strong. He should have kept the belt imo, Best ending possible, too. Lesnar doesn't get beat and Rollins wins the strap, albeit making Reigns look strong and confirming his status as a headliner.

SHIELD TRIPLE-THREAT FEUD THIS SUMMER, PLEASE.

Original post by Loafing.Charizard
I don't know how I felt about wrestlemania tbh

It was quite an underwhelming wrestlemania. I wouldn't say it was awful but it did lack quite a lot.

Ladder match was good, I thought it could of done with some more big moments though. Although the headbutts were funny I still think it was a bit silly?

Orton Rollins was a pretty good match. Orton looks better then ever but where does he go now?

Sting HHH probably has to go down as one of the most underwhelming matches in history, especially after all the sting hype. There's a reason why we shouldn't keep rushing part timers and that's because Sting looked awful in the ring. Looked winded after that drop kick. Only reason to justify the NWO/DX scenario is to help carry Sting along the match so there's absolutely no reason he should fight Taker next year considering he's already been deeply buried.

Cena Rusev was ok. Felt the ending was a bit lack luster though and that they've had better fights in the past.

Rock promo was good but again failed to deliver

When you go up against Taker at Wrestlemania, you're supposed to look good even after losing. How many favours did it actually do to Wyatt? He'll just be as irrelevant as he was before the feud started.

Lesnar/Reigns such a cop out too. Why build Reigns as this brute if he's going to get steamrolled? I'm starting to think the triple thread match between Lesnar/Cena/Rollins should have been at this WM.
Essentially I just got the WWE network free for one night.

I signed up using my paypal account. They said I wouldn't be charged until the 13th so if I cancel now I won't be charged? Free Wrestlemania xD
Original post by AR_95
Essentially I just got the WWE network free for one night.

I signed up using my paypal account. They said I wouldn't be charged until the 13th so if I cancel now I won't be charged? Free Wrestlemania xD

Yep you could just cancel it I think. I did the same with Amazon prime lol. Free month then cancel before they charged me.
I think WWE Creative knew full well Reigns was failing as a face and even as a neutral, good decision to have him shrekt and switch the focus to Rollins. Probably setting up a Rollins/Reigns feud.

The only thing I found very disappointing was Big Show winning the Battle Royale. Such a good opportunity to put Ryback over as a monster face. Nothing progresses with Show winning, he'll go back to squash matches or jobbing
I read this comment on youtube a while ago and I was just thinking what's the chances of you thinking this happens tonight.

Basically Bray Wyatt comes out on raw tonight and does a rant of some sort then the Undertaker comes out and says to him that he his getting old and weary now and needs someone to take the torch and guard the gates of hell, Undertaker says something along the lines of that and then leaves to retire passing the torch onto Bray.
Original post by ozzyoscy

Would WrestleMania 2000 been any better with just Rock vs Triple H? Probably would've been worse, and lessened the effect of Backlash and Judgement Day.

Original post by The_K1NG
But it didn't happen at Wrestlemania. Instead we got that fatat four way instead.

WrestleMania 2000 would have been worse with Triple H vs Rock than with the fatal four way. There's a lot of revisionist history around this one as if Hunter was one of the biggest drawing stars of all time six months into his first main event run. He wasn't ready to draw a big buyrate as the heel going against Rock, so they added Foley in there to get more buys.

Also, that 4-way is one of the most underrated Mania matches of all time. I preferred it to most of the Rock/Hunter singles matches because it was booked perfectly, tons of real drama without being silly and over the top.

Quick Reply

Latest