The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RadonGhost
Yeah, mine is. Haven't done any revision for it :frown:

Ehh me neither, but I dont really care about RE. I want an A/A* but it's just repetition of "love thy neoughbor" :tongue: key words are my weakness
How many hours per day are you guys doing on average?

And how long do you revise for until you give yourself a break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats
Ehh me neither, but I dont really care about RE. I want an A/A* but it's just repetition of "love thy neoughbor" :tongue: key words are my weakness

If that is the only quote that you know then I think you have bigger problems than key words although I have agape as my go to Bible teaching :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
If that is the only quote that you know then I think you have bigger problems than key words although I have agape as my go to Bible teaching :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I ever mentioned that teaching being the only one I know :colondollar:
Original post by ImagineCats
I don't think I ever mentioned that teaching being the only one I know :colondollar:

It's just because you said RE is just repetition of love thy neighbour. I also spent today learning Bible quotes so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
It's just because you said RE is just repetition of love thy neighbour. I also spent today learning Bible quotes so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It mostly is, but having learnt RE for my whole life like everyone else I think it's impossible to only know one teaching. Congrats on learning all those really useful bible quotes :biggrin:
Original post by Firenze26
Woah, deja vu.

I think so...

Anyway, i out this because people always point out my grammar and my pronunciation, I was thankful at first but after the thousandth time, you kind of get annoyed so yeah... It's also a weirdly effective conversation starter during workshops

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

It actually is! Wow. :tongue:

Really? :eek: :s-smilie: I think your grammar but kk. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
How many hours per day are you guys doing on average?

And how long do you revise for until you give yourself a break?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to aim for a goal of six hours a day separated by a couple of breaks each hour (doing all of that in one go would certainly be death) ... But that, rather inevitably, hasn't worked and I'm procrastinating again.

Oh well, at least I got a majority of my history and science notes finished - one more unit to go for the former :biggrin: How about you?
Reply 5108
How do you structure poetry ocr?
Hi :smile: I'm Hannah!

I'm studying Triple Science, English, Maths, German, Philosophy & Ethics and ICT!
Hoping to go to sixth form but really struggling on choosing which one :frown:
I enjoy musical theatre, singing etc.
Year 11 has gone too fast! I can't believe its nearly over but really looking forward to a nice long summer!!
Hoping to be a primary teacher when i'm older! :smile:
Anyone here doing Mr Pip for English Literature?
Original post by semise
Is it normal to have not learnt C3 in your lessons yet? My class spent Y10 doing biology only and we've just finished P3 :s-smilie:
My first science exam is C2&C3 on the 14th but I'm worried since in not sure my class will cover the whole of C3 before the exam.
Im using my science revision time to work on my knowledge in P1/P2/P3/C1/C2.... Does anyone know have any advice on what I should do about C3 :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm kinda in this position too - we've only been doing C3 for about 2 weeks :/

C3 is relatively short, at least in comparison to C2 and C3.

What I would say is to look through the C3 online or in your revision guide, see which bits you find easy and make sense to you, and make sure you're confident on those. That way, a least you've got some areas that you know you're confident with when you're doing the harder stuff. I learned some of it before we started studying it in class and it's definitely helping me :smile:
Do you guys get study leave? My year don't because the year before us messed up.

I would love study leave
Original post by SuperHuman98
Do you guys get study leave? My year don't because the year before us messed up.

I would love study leave

Yeah, starts like 4 days before the exams though.
If I didn't have study leave I'd just ignore it and only turn up to exams :biggrin: I just can't revise properly in school.
Original post by Martie08
Yeah, starts like 4 days before the exams though.
If I didn't have study leave I'd just ignore it and only turn up to exams :biggrin: I just can't revise properly in school.

For us we still go school and we still go to the lessons to revise depending. I am guessing that even if we finish science exam we still go science lessons and revise other subjects😐. I'm hoping some teachers give us an option to watch movies😂
hows everyones hols going and hows ur revision?:smile:
Original post by Perol
How do you structure poetry ocr?

Are you doing OCR lang and lit? Unseen poetry, literature and heritage, etc?

If so, my teacher taught us doing What, How, Evidence, Explain and link (link it to what like 'this is how X presents Y as Z).

Like, (this is poop, btw, and horrible considering this is book analysis not poetry)

Steinbeck presents the idea that hope is fragile by using language. In this extract, light was described as 'soft beams of light'. By using the innocent, fragile adjective 'soft' to describe 'light', to describe hope, Steinbeck presents hope as weak, as fragile as it is not strong nor solid.

I'm not sure about how other exam boards do it though.
Original post by SuperHuman98

I would love study leave

We do - there was talk of drastically shortening it, but apparently they do that every year, so I get quite a decent study leave. :biggrin:
Reply 5118
Original post by Firenze26
Are you doing OCR lang and lit? Unseen poetry, literature and heritage, etc?

If so, my teacher taught us doing What, How, Evidence, Explain and link (link it to what like 'this is how X presents Y as Z).

Like, (this is poop, btw, and horrible considering this is book analysis not poetry)

Steinbeck presents the idea that hope is fragile by using language. In this extract, light was described as 'soft beams of light'. By using the innocent, fragile adjective 'soft' to describe 'light', to describe hope, Steinbeck presents hope as weak, as fragile as it is not strong nor solid.

I'm not sure about how other exam boards do it though.

is that peel paragrphs?
Does anyone else who does French and German find the German reading/listening tests quite a bit harder than the French ones?

Latest