The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0799NCB
Your teachers is wrong then because Narcotics are used to mask pain from injury and in the revision guide it clearly states " Human Growth Hormone (HGH) can help increase muscle mass and therefore strength" Then it says who might use peptide hormones (HGH) - and it says weightlifting so it definitely wasn't Narcotics

I agree, if you looked at the wording of the question it gave it away. It stated that the weight lifter needed performance enhancers to lift more/heavier weights. Narcotics would not allow you to lift heavier weights they only allow you to increase your pain threshold whereas HGH allows you to increase muscle mass and strength.
Is there any chance of an A* going back down to 45/50? If not, what are your predictions?
What did everyone put for the benefit and disadvantage of Harvard step test to a cross country runner
Original post by goharis123
What did everyone put for the benefit and disadvantage of Harvard step test to a cross country runner

I put that it was not specific to the sport as cross country does not involve stepping on and off a bench, a more specific test would be the cooper 12 minute run.

And also for the benefit i put that cross country is related to the health component of fitness cardiovascular fitness and so too is the Harvard step test.
(edited 8 years ago)
I said Harvard Step Test measures muscular endurance, is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
^I put muscular endurance too, it's wrong
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)

Peptide hormones, Human Growth Hormone is a type of peptide hormone that increases muscle mass and strength.
The whole paper was so vague!! I found all the previous past papers easy, and then I look at this one :O it was really hard
The edexcel textbook said it measures both CV fitness and muscular endurance so they should both be right :/

Hi :smile: I put:-
Advantage;- improves cardiovascular fitness
Disadvantage;- doesn't involve training on different surfaces (mud/grass/concrete) that are involved in cross country
Not sure if its right though, I found this Question quite hard.
Original post by Matthew13
I said Harvard Step Test measures muscular endurance, is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cardiovascular fitness I believe
Did anyone think that the last 6 mark question was particularly hard :confused: in comparison to the 6 mark questions from past papers?
hey guys, i did shortcourse. i'm just wondering what everyone got for this question. "making new friends is a ______ benefit of exercise" now i feel like the answer was social, but i have put mental. the reason being is last time i did a pastpaper multiplechoice question and said "what are 3 benefits of exercise that cover all 3 categories" the answer was: mixing with friends, making new friends, physical challenge. clearly here, making new friends was the mental one, which is why i put mental benefit in this exam, but i have a feeling it was a social benefit. pe gcse can be so confusing. i studied a lot for this exam and i hope i don't achieve a low grade, it's just making me sad. i hope the examiner accepts my answer, i feel like my reason to justify this answer is fair enough.
2 hours before my exam, I saw that question too I think it was the sample paper and I thought it was mental too but I just went by the most obvious answer and did social
haha lucky! I should've changed it but I hope they accept the answer too although I doubt it. wish you all the best!
Original post by sjsuleiman
hey guys, i did shortcourse. i'm just wondering what everyone got for this question. "making new friends is a ______ benefit of exercise" now i feel like the answer was social, but i have put mental. the reason being is last time i did a pastpaper multiplechoice question and said "what are 3 benefits of exercise that cover all 3 categories" the answer was: mixing with friends, making new friends, physical challenge. clearly here, making new friends was the mental one, which is why i put mental benefit in this exam, but i have a feeling it was a social benefit. pe gcse can be so confusing. i studied a lot for this exam and i hope i don't achieve a low grade, it's just making me sad. i hope the examiner accepts my answer, i feel like my reason to justify this answer is fair enough.

physical challenge is both physical and mental
Does anyone know roughly how many I'd need to score on the exam if I got 45/50 for my practical to get an A* overall? (full course)
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah true, but in that question it was clear making new friends was the mental one as it doesnt go with the physical benefit of physical activity
Original post by Jumpy15m
physical challenge is both physical and mental

Yeah true but in that question it was clear that making new friends was the mental one as it didnt make sense for it to be a physical one so physical challenge was the physical benefit
Original post by Hollie1903
Does anyone know roughly how many I'd need to score on the exam if I got 45/50 for my practical to get an A* overall? (full course)

Im not too sure but I got 46/50 and I need 65/80 according to last years grade boundaries but because the paper was really hard the grade boundaries may be lower.

Quick Reply

Latest