The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by Excuse Me!

x

- Ambrose should feud with Reigns for the number one contendership, with a match at Elimination Chamber to determine it.
- That should definitely happen. Lana should stay heel, and she should outsmart the fans and align with Rusev. 100%. Turning her face would ruin her.
- Rusev - Ziggler is a promising feud, though, as is Cena-Owens. Owens would need to drop the NXT belt, though.
- Wyatt may become embroiled in the IC title picture - but I hope not. He needs to be in the upper card, and he doesn't need titles to be relevant. Taker never did.
Reply 2001
Original post by Longshot700
Lol I know, I wouldn't try do an F5 or something in a real fight.

I can kick my right leg as high as Sheamus for a Brogue kick, like how much damage would that do? Do you push out your foot when your foot gets high.

I tried an F5 in real life on my little brother but it just turned into an AA, unfortunately.
Original post by Mackay
I tried an F5 in real life on my little brother but it just turned into an AA, unfortunately.

What's up with that.
Original post by Mackay
- Ambrose should feud with Reigns for the number one contendership, with a match at Elimination Chamber to determine it.
- That should definitely happen. Lana should stay heel, and she should outsmart the fans and align with Rusev. 100%. Turning her face would ruin her.
- Rusev - Ziggler is a promising feud, though, as is Cena-Owens. Owens would need to drop the NXT belt, though.
- Wyatt may become embroiled in the IC title picture - but I hope not. He needs to be in the upper card, and he doesn't need titles to be relevant. Taker never did.

Yeah, Ambrose / Reigns would be awesome and then Ambrose would then at least look like he deserved the shot. I did in some ways like how he used the cinder blocks to force the authority to give him what he wanted but logically the authority could take that shot away easily given they have all control.

For Lana to side with Rusev again she'd have to help him win the belt and doing so against Ziggler would be perfect given fans love him so if they're going that route it could work.

What I love about the IC elimination chamber is that there are 3/4 genuine contenders so I cant predict who'll win.

Hope Owens continues in NXT for another couple months as he's got more to do there. I think Cena will retain. Any ideas who he'll face at Summerslam?

As for Wyatt, I read an idea on reddit a couple days ago which I really liked which was for R Truth to feud with Wyatt:
"But a story that could actually work for him is if he became the next target of Bray Wyatt. Wyatt would start cutting promos where he reveals that R-Truth's greatest fear is not something silly like spiders or heights but the very real fear of irrelevancy. All the rapping, dancing, and hijinks he has been doing have been desperate grabs for attention because he knows he doesn't have a secure place in the WWE. He's not a rising star like the members of The Shield, he's not a reliable crowd drawer like Cena or Orton, and he hasn't been with the WWE long enough to have a safely established spot like Kane. If Wyatt preyed on such believable fears I think R-Truth could actually have a compelling storyline instead just playing a wacky, cowardly black guy."
Reply 2004
Yeah, Ambrose / Reigns would be awesome and then Ambrose would then at least look like he deserved the shot. I did in some ways like how he used the cinder blocks to force the authority to give him what he wanted but logically the authority could take that shot away easily given they have all control.

For Lana to side with Rusev again she'd have to help him win the belt and doing so against Ziggler would be perfect given fans love him so if they're going that route it could work.

What I love about the IC elimination chamber is that there are 3/4 genuine contenders so I cant predict who'll win.

Hope Owens continues in NXT for another couple months as he's got more to do there. I think Cena will retain. Any ideas who he'll face at Summerslam?

As for Wyatt, I read an idea on reddit a couple days ago which I really liked which was for R Truth to feud with Wyatt:
"But a story that could actually work for him is if he became the next target of Bray Wyatt. Wyatt would start cutting promos where he reveals that R-Truth's greatest fear is not something silly like spiders or heights but the very real fear of irrelevancy. All the rapping, dancing, and hijinks he has been doing have been desperate grabs for attention because he knows he doesn't have a secure place in the WWE. He's not a rising star like the members of The Shield, he's not a reliable crowd drawer like Cena or Orton, and he hasn't been with the WWE long enough to have a safely established spot like Kane. If Wyatt preyed on such believable fears I think R-Truth could actually have a compelling storyline instead just playing a wacky, cowardly black guy."

The worst thing for Wyatt now is to stay stagnant. He's feuded with Bryan, Cena, Ambrose, Jericho, Undertaker and now Ryback.

I'd like to see Wyatt either disrupt the IC Elimination Chamber match and cost one of the faces the title, thus setting up a new feud, or that R-Truth angle.

I expect the IC Elimination Chamber card will be Neville, Sheamus, Ziggler, Rusev, King Barrett, Stardust.

Where Cena goes from here is anybody's guess. I can't imagine Owens will stay on NXT for too much longer after last night, though. That was probably the best debut out of the lot (Neville, Zayn etc).
Really? I would've thought jumping in the air would throw you off focus and strength or something.

Helps to build momentum. It's not as dramatic as Roman does it of course but it's a great technique.
Just bought tickets for what will be my first live event in November.

Anyone got any good experiences from shows they've been to?
No way is Wyatt an upper card superstar, no way.

Where Wyatt is I think he cant get out of, I just dont rate him
Original post by heavyhandscott

When the wyatts first came up from NXT I had the exact same opinion. I didn't find them entertaining, skipped their segments and didnt get why people were so excited for them.

The match that changed my opinion of his in ring ability was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqLC0ju-ac and whilst you may argue its vs Daniel Bryan then he's also had good matches with Cena, Amrbose and as the Wyatt family..

When I liked his in ring work and finally paid attention to one of his feuds I realised how great he is at promos, one of the best in WWE by far. This is a short one which shows how he controls the audience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GF7S4go5gE#start=0:00;end=3:35;cycles=-1;autoreplay=true;showoptions=false

Took me awhile longer to appreciate Harper and Rowan. Enjoyed their matches vs The Shield but the first plain tag team match with them I loved was the 2 out of 3 falls vs The Usos which was easily a match of the year candidate.
(edited 8 years ago)

Reply 2010

100% disagree. Wyatt could be this generation's Undertaker. I'm a firm believer in that. Emphasis on the could, by the way. Because comparisons of him to the Phenom now are ludicrously premature.

Been to three in Birmingham. Always a good laugh. Best was Rollins against Cena in a street fight, which ended with Cena putting Mr Money in the Bank through a table to secure the pinfall victory.
So seth vs Ambrose for the title at elimination chamber it seems. Should be good even though they never built up Ambrose that well. Hoping reigns and Orton are somehow involved at elimination chamber but seems unlikely. Also what is the point of reuniting harper and rowan but then put the ascension and the matadores in the chamber instead. Hyped for Owens moving up to main roster but cena will most likely Bury him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool, think I'll buy some tickets to that to

Only been to one even which was in London 02 In April 2008, in order going downwards of good experiences it would be (all in one night)

1. Undertakers Bell going off and me cheering loudly

2. Undertaker running with edge back into the ring after the show ended (wasn't shown on the Dvd :biggrin:)

3. Kane talking on the Titantron and said something about destruction then said "or how about, the brothers of destruction" camera went right and showed the Undertaker on the right of him, then he rolled his eyes and me cheering loudly.

4. A diva dance off where Kelly Kelly took her top off while standing on the turnbuckle and me and my uncle cheering loudly

5. Chris Jericho making fun of batista during some showreel thing and got batista bombed through a work table in the ring.

As you can see, I was a big fan of Undertaker.
Does anyone know if you can pull off an RKO in real life?

Yes, as I became infamous for Stunnering (same thing) people at school. It became an actual move. I'm sure I've already told the story of this kid having an attitude and all of a sudden everyone in the vicinity chanting for a stunner, so I gave him one.

It's more to humiliate than to damage, but you never want to do anything to someone's neck (or blunt trauma to the head) in real life for risk of manslaughter.

Almost any wrestling manouvre is impossible because ti involves the other person helping you do the move. E.g. a powerbomb isnt just someone being lifted up, the person has to jump off the ground and roll up the person

A powerbomb is actually one legit move you can do. I don't know if it was my strength or it's just easier to roll someone up, but I'd always Last Ride someone in a 'shoot' wrestling match. We were wrestling crazy at school age, so everything was a wrestling move if you didn't know martial arts, though luckily I knew both, though unluckily that was karate. Karate's lame.

Ive only been to Insurrexion 2003 newcastle telewest arena. Cant remember much as I was 6!

Just glad i went to an actual PPV in my own city which is on the network too!
Reply 2015
...SmackDown spoilers for this week:

Spoiler

Reply 2016
Original post by Mackay
100% disagree. Wyatt could be this generation's Undertaker. I'm a firm believer in that. Emphasis on the could, by the way. Because comparisons of him to the Phenom now are ludicrously premature.

Nope there's just no way Wyatt will ever be able to live up to the Undertaker. He doesn't look half as convincing nor will he ever have the same physique. It won't be believable either, plus I think WWE has moved away from all the fantasy gimicks which is why Wyatt is more of a cult leader then Phenom if anything.

Also can't believe they made this :rofl:

[video="youtube;1ZfbUlcM64I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZfbUlcM64I[/video]
Reply 2017
Original post by RA95
Nope there's just no way Wyatt will ever be able to live up to the Undertaker. He doesn't look half as convincing nor will he ever have the same physique. It won't be believable either, plus I think WWE has moved away from all the fantasy gimicks which is why Wyatt is more of a cult leader then Phenom if anything.

With the rise of stuff like True Detective, though, I can see Wyatt's appeal really affecting a younger audience. He'd be creepy as **** for little kids, akin to Kane/Undertaker during the late-90s.

Sure, he doesn't have the physique, but he wouldn't need to. He's a disgusting, backwater cult-type guy who looks horrible as ****, rather than anything spiritual like Taker.
Original post by RA95

Also can't believe they made this :rofl:

[video="youtube;1ZfbUlcM64I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZfbUlcM64I[/video]

That pumps me up with adrenaline for some weird reason, dunno why all tracks/ promos with Brock Lesnar pump me up. His theme, his promos and that advert for "here comes the pain" video game.

Where he says "No matter what they do, no matter how hard they try, there is nothing and no one that can stop, me"

Still hate him though for ending takers streak and f5ing the cameraman. I know wwe is scripted and brocks job is to make people hate him but it's not good hate, it's just hate hate if you know what I mean. I like hating people like Rusev and the Miz. Brocks just an ass.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2019
NXT this week. Very excited to see Owens and Zayn.

Quick Reply

Latest