The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

someone do a unofficial mark scheme please
This exam couldn't have gotten any worse. I literally was not prepared for any of those questions which appeared on the paper. I worked through radioactivity/radiation, parallel circuits, and mains electricity, and none of that came up. And then AQA asked us a chemistry question?! I mean I know people who are good at chemistry, would be pleased with that straight forward, six mark question- but when you're not some expert in chemistry, it's kind of a downer.. What did everybody else think?
Original post by Sherriff08
Can anyone remember the wording of the 6markers (higher tier)

Wasn't it just 'describe the structure of an atom'?
Original post by Khank
I got 12 aswell ! Hope we're right

It is 12
Original post by GabrielleJoyxx
Wasn't it just 'describe the structure of an atom'?

Yeah, what about p3
Original post by ludo4
Everyone at my school said they put 12.
I wrote:
You needed to work out how many years it took to get to 40.

So i doubled 10g to 20g and halved the time of 36 years to 18.
Then I doubled 20g to get 40g and halved 18 to get 9.

But everyone else found that there were 3 half lives so you had to divide 36 by 3. (this is what my tecaher taught us)

oh no i put something completely off :frown: how many marks was it worth?
There's an official thread for this.

THREAD CLOSED.
Original post by Ed Jeffrey
Stop worrying! Do not fret. You do exactly what I do after an exam, think of the bad bits. Think positively! My mock back in December went really badly but it turned out I got a B. Grade boundaries can be unpredicatable thus your grade will be too! :biggrin: Think about it, if you got a few equation questions wrong, some are 2 and 3 marks. That's what, only 6 to 7 marks down? You can still get a bloomin' good grade with that! :biggrin:

I do tend to convince myself I have got E's or F's after a hard exam but it wasn't just the equations it was my explanations for stuff too... I'm a terrible judge of how well a paper went though so I'll just have to wait and see :tongue:
Apparently I thought 36 divided by 3 was 13 years for the half life question... I'll get one mark for the working though.
grade boundaries for p3?
Reply 311
What did people put for one of the first questions in p2- you had to pick which line on the graph had the greatest resistance?
Original post by GabrielleJoyxx
This exam couldn't have gotten any worse. I literally was not prepared for any of those questions which appeared on the paper. I worked through radioactivity/radiation, parallel circuits, and mains electricity, and none of that came up. And then AQA asked us a chemistry question?! I mean I know people who are good at chemistry, would be pleased with that straight forward, six mark question- but when you're not some expert in chemistry, it's kind of a downer.. What did everybody else think?

'a chemistry question'? The structure of atoms has always been a question of physics, one of the main areas of studying physics is the atom and the subatomic particles that make it. The structure of the atom has always been a question of physics.
Original post by emmaalouisee
B I think? What did you put for the change in focal length for the 60 year old? P3

wasnt it for a 90 year old
I'm not sure how P2 went, I found most of the writing questions a lot easier than I had anticipated but the calculations a lot harder.

What did people get for the height of the rocket calculation question, I somehow managed to get 0m after rearranging some formula, I don't know how that can be right though.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be similar to last years, in which case I might have done enough to get an A, which would be fantastic.
how did people get 0.25 for the firts question on p3?
guys what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be for an A*?
Reply 317
Original post by Fisabilillah
Yes! Good luck and have some faith haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

died :wink:
Reply 318
Original post by Fisabilillah
WHAT A BEAUTY OF A 6 MARKER OH MY

Posted from TSR Mobile

way easier than the lower markers hahahaaa
Reply 319
Original post by joelbo1
What did people put for one of the first questions in p2- you had to pick which line on the graph had the greatest resistance?

I did the one with the steepest gradient

Quick Reply

Latest