The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by Mackay
Yeah pretty similar to Orton during his face runs, too. He hasn't been an out and out babyface - he's an anti-hero. Ambrose toes that line exceptionally, too.

Yeah I liked when Orton broke away from the authority because it was during the RKO Outta Nowhere trend of vines. I also liked it when he had that part at the end of Raw where he attacked Seth Rollins all around the arena. I liked Orton during this phase because he was being really good on the mic too. I have a fear that if he's out of the World Title picture he'll go back to the annoying face he was previously.

Original post by MrTechGamer
Fair enough man , I mean it is entertaining for most people , I used to really enjoy watching WWE matches when I was younger lol.
WWE's main show (Raw) isn't consistently good. But they are rushing in 3 PPVs in like a month so everything's pretty faced paced so it's good at the moment. If you want to watch good wrestling you should watch NXT. NXT is such an amazing show wrestling-wise and it's pretty entertaining. Lots of older and hardcore fans watch NXT.
Original post by MrTechGamer
Do you guys believe that WWE is real ? At first glance it looks spectacular ... Muscly men and women fighting each other in supposedly cool fights , but in comparison to real fighting , this is basically crap. They are actors who earn tons of money for pretending to be fighting really good , but don't you get bored of it .

Are there no fictional TV shows you like? Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Britain's Got Talent etc.?
Even though I wanted harper and rowan to be in the tag team elimination chamber, would they both fit into one pod :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Even though I wanted harper and rowan to be in the tag team elimination chamber, would they both fit into one pod :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm more concerned about how Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston are going to fit in the same pod.

"We're too big" :P
Who's watching UFC 187 tonight or do you guys only like fake fights?
Original post by al_94
Who's watching UFC 187 tonight or do you guys only like fake fights?

What time is it?
Original post by Excuse Me!
I'm more concerned about how Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston are going to fit in the same pod.

"We're too big" :P

Might just be two of them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
What time is it?

12 AM Prelims 3AM Main Card
Reply 2088
Never watched UFC, but surprised there isn't a thread for it.
Reply 2089
I hope Harper and Rowan attack Los Matodores. Nothing against Los Matodores but they have been huge jobbers since they came so it's stupid for having them in the match. I also kinda wanted MIzdow and Axel in it but eeeeehhhh not bothered too much about that.

I just hope that Rollins vs Ambrose has a special implication, even though HI like Ambrose his best matches come from No DQ matches.
Ziggler reminds me of Edge
Pretty sure this has been asked before in this thread but

1. What's your favourite theme? Like one that gets you really pumped up?

and

2. Do you play WWE 2k15 or any other wrestling game, if so, what's your favourite wrestler to play as?
I'm going to get WWE 2K15 soon, the recent games have all been mostly trash, they've been removing stuff ever since around 2007, which had the most tactical and 'realistic' matches, and changing the controls every year for no reason even when it's usually highly praised.

I still enjoyed them, because the modes they have are cool, but then I sell them again. I don't know whether to get it on console (which'll be cheaper 'cause I can sell it again) or PC (free DLC and better graphics presumably).
Original post by ozzyoscy
I'm going to get WWE 2K15 soon, the recent games have all been mostly trash, they've been removing stuff ever since around 2007, which had the most tactical and 'realistic' matches, and changing the controls every year for no reason even when it's usually highly praised.

I still enjoyed them, because the modes they have are cool, but then I sell them again. I don't know whether to get it on console (which'll be cheaper 'cause I can sell it again) or PC (free DLC and better graphics presumably).

Do not get the game, I have it and it's utter utter ****e. Literally one of the worst games I've played, AI are retarded, has poverty memory problems, such as only 6 men being allowed in the ring in a royal rumble (not expected on a game in 2015 ffs) and total unrealism, man like Cody Rhodes giving Brock Lesnar a savage beating.
Original post by Depleted
Do not get the game, I have it and it's utter utter ****e. Literally one of the worst games I've played, AI are retarded, has poverty memory problems, such as only 6 men being allowed in the ring in a royal rumble (not expected on a game in 2015 ffs) and total unrealism, man like Cody Rhodes giving Brock Lesnar a savage beating.

I'm going to play it anyway, because it'll only be a few pounds and I do enjoy the new mode they do each year if nothing else.

2007 was the best one, you couldn't have a small guy even lift a heavy guy, and guys like Khali were beasts and you had to take out his legs and dodge and weave, and if he got his hands on you that was it, he'd dominate. Now it's regressed into just hitting each other with moves again.

Find it funny how the first game on PS2 (Just Bring It) had 8 men in the ring, but ever since it's only allowed 6.

Original post by Depleted

Agree. It's horrible. Imo WWE 13 was the best in recent years but I didn't try 14. 15 is very lethargic, buggy, and just not an enjoyable experience at all. They've completely ****ed the mechanics up
Original post by AR_95
Agree. It's horrible. Imo WWE 13 was the best in recent years but I didn't try 14. 15 is very lethargic, buggy, and just not an enjoyable experience at all. They've completely ****ed the mechanics up

I got wwe 2k14 when i started getting back into wrestling, I broke the disc within a week.

Basically there was this mode of "beat the streak" or "defend the streak" with Undertaker, I did defend the streak. Where you played undertaker taking on wrestler after wrestler.

Got up to almost 30 which took ages then Brodus Clay came out, pinned me and the game froze. Turned it off, went back into the mode and the record was still 0... slammed the xbox in rage, heard a scratching and took the game out, scratched to hell all over. XBox is okay though.
Original post by Longshot700
slammed the xbox in rage, heard a scratching and took the game out, scratched to hell all over. XBox is okay though.

I actually imagine you would do this.
Original post by AR_95

Did you get it for PC? One thing that's annoying is that the opposition doesn't make a difference to the difficulty, it's the same challenge to beat Bo Dallas as it is to beat Brock Lesnar. Game skips like **** for some moves too.
I'm going to play it anyway, because it'll only be a few pounds and I do enjoy the new mode they do each year if nothing else.

2007 was the best one, you couldn't have a small guy even lift a heavy guy, and guys like Khali were beasts and you had to take out his legs and dodge and weave, and if he got his hands on you that was it, he'd dominate. Now it's regressed into just hitting each other with moves again.

Find it funny how the first game on PS2 (Just Bring It) had 8 men in the ring, but ever since it's only allowed 6.

Yeah it's a disgrace to see a game regress nowadays. Only have to look at FIFA and be baffled how such a huge market isn't exploited, if they made a good game most WWE fans would buy it and they'd make a **** ton. The career mode is boring, showcase mode is ok. I preferred the Smackdown vs Raw's where you could be the general manager. It's also annoying as a lot of matches have been removed, you can do tables/steel cage triple threats and stuff anymore. Should be able to go backstage too. It's a subject that irks me in all honesty.

Quick Reply

Latest