The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2641
Vince is pretty renowned for not wanting superstars to go easy on him. I think a lot of figures in wrestling who aren't used to ring work are the same. Bischoff wrote in his autobiography about how he wanted Austin to rough him up for real during their bouts in 2003.
I found the exact scene on youtube that wwe played on the titantron when I went to see it at the 02 in 2008.

[video="youtube;n4MWYZf5tA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4MWYZf5tA8[/video]
Original post by LawStudent661
I know everyone says WWE is fake, and I agree, but if you watch this video at 7:07, does this not show that some of it is real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_HxIq6Wuo

Most fans are aware of what's really happening in the ring. WWE is fake in that they're not really trying to hurt each other (most of the time), so the funny thing is often it's the fans that have to educate the non-fans how fake wrestling is.

They're like stuntment, they still gotta do the moves but fall properly. It's more fake than actually doing the moves, but it's less fake than hitting air and pretending to do them. And a few guys are 'stiff' in that they hit harder than others. And sometimes, one guy pisses another guy off, or one guy doesn't want the other to take his spot, so he does the moves for real. Though this happens less than it used to, now that the world of wrestling is open to it being pre-determined and aren't trained to legit defend themselves, 'cause they don't need to these days.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Most fans are aware of what's really happening in the ring. WWE is fake in that they're not really trying to hurt each other (most of the time), so the funny thing is often it's the fans that have to educate the non-fans how fake wrestling is.

They're like stuntment, they still gotta do the moves but fall properly. It's more fake than actually doing the moves, but it's less fake than hitting air and pretending to do them. And a few guys are 'stiff' in that they hit harder than others. And sometimes, one guy pisses another guy off, or one guy doesn't want the other to take his spot, so he does the moves for real. Though this happens less than it used to, now that the world of wrestling is open to it being pre-determined and aren't trained to legit defend themselves, 'cause they don't need to these days.

[video="youtube;6dfS61ewSvA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfS61ewSvA[/video]
Original post by Longshot700
[video="youtube;6dfS61ewSvA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfS61ewSvA[/video]

FYI I skip 90% of your posts, I probably mentioned that before.
FYI I skip 90% of your posts, I probably mentioned that before.

You replied about 10 minutes before that then deleted the post, so you've been mulling over what I said for probably 15, probably doing some hard googling for a picture to be 'funny'.

You do seem like the obsessive type who would get hung up on things, but y'know it's really subtle with you...
You replied about 10 minutes before that then deleted the post, so you've been mulling over what I said for probably 15, probably doing some hard googling for a picture to be 'funny'.

You do seem like the obsessive type who would get hung up on things, but y'know it's really subtle with you...

Will you go away.
Will you go away.

You replied to me (again) to tell me to stop replying. Use your brain.
You replied to me (again) to tell me to stop replying. Use your brain.

Seriously, who do you think you are just randomly insulting people on the internet? Yeah, my posts are pretty strange weird and such but I don't go trying to insult people for it and go out of my way to tell people "I Ignore your posts lel" it's not cool in the slightest.
Seriously, who do you think you are just randomly insulting people on the internet? Yeah, my posts are pretty strange weird and such but I don't go trying to insult people for it and go out of my way to tell people "I Ignore your posts lel" it's not cool in the slightest.

You know, I said I don't read 90% of your posts, so the odds aren't in your favour with this one.

Hey I thought you wanted me to go away, yet here's another reply. Hm...
You know, I said I don't read 90% of your posts, so the odds aren't in your favour with this one.

Hey I thought you wanted me to go away, yet here's another reply. Hm...

See, there you go again "I don't read your posts lololol I'm better than you"

I'm surprised you don't wanna read it because the way you act around here I bet lots of people have tried telling you how rude and bigheaded you are especially going to say how I'm strung up on things, you the Tsr councilor or something? Get lost.

Edit: I'm not surprised* damn it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2654
Heck of a heel turn by Longshot.
Main event of Battlefield will be Longshot700 vs Ozzyoscy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Excuse Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that reminds me, Undertaker might come back at Battleground or SummerSlam.
Original post by Excuse Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Battleground not Battlefield but don't worry, even Daniel Bryan embarrassingly made that mistake on Tough Talk :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2658
Anybody been watching Lucha Underground?
Original post by samir12
It's Battleground not Battlefield but don't worry, even Daniel Bryan embarrassingly made that mistake on Tough Talk :P

Haha. Yeah, I know. I wanted to see how many would pick up on the joke

Quick Reply

Latest