The Student Room Group

What movies do you recommend watching before starting university?

Considering that university is only weeks away, what movies would you recommend watching before starting.
Even though I'm not a university student just yet, I think Monsters University is a pretty good movie to watch considering themes. Animated movies are always good

So what about you? What do you recommend?

Feraligatr, Welcome Squadder + Big Jaw Pokemon
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What are we talking about here- university-themed movies or just great movies on the whole?
Original post by Feraligatr
Considering that university is only weeks away, what movies would you recommend watching before starting.
Even though I'm not a university student just yet, I think Monsters University is a pretty good movie to watch considering themes. Animated movies are always good

hey water pokemon
any good movie or stuff about uni ?
American pie :wink:
American pie
21 and over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by CharlotteHusnjak
What are we talking about here- university-themed movies or just great movies on the whole?

Original post by Pikachu94
hey water pokemon
any good movie or stuff about uni ?

Any great movie you recommend before starting university, preferably university-themed :u:
Reply 6
Paper Chase
Any great movie you recommend before starting university, preferably university-themed :u:

I liked Captain America the winter solider
thor 2 was good too
Reply 8
Perks of being a Wallflower
The Godfather
Animal House.

Has there ever been a film set at a non-Oxbridge UK university?
If you ar talking about university based movies ??

Accepted ( Very good film ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384793/
Road trip
Any Van Wilder films
The social network
How High
Old school
Drumline

Some of the ones I know that are to do with Universities. If you do a quick google search of College films I am sure you may find a huge list.
The Riot Club.
I like chariots of fire, pulp fiction and the breakfast club (not university themed but still great nevertheless!) 😃
If uni themed:

21 Jump Street, then
22 Jump Street
Superbad

Plus few others that people mentioned above!
If you want great movies in general, then ask me but the list is quite big!
Original post by Pikachu94
I liked Captain America the winter solider
thor 2 was good too

Hey Pikachu! :smile:
He was my favourite pokemon when I was a kid, he still is!
Original post by superduper9
Hey Pikachu! :smile:
He was my favourite pokemon when I was a kid, he still is!

yep i love pika
evryone shuld luv pika
For me it would have been American Pie for university stuff anyway :ahee: Non uni related, there's so much choice!
Original post by Slowbro93
For me it would have been American Pie for university stuff anyway :ahee: Non uni related, there's so much choice!

Everyone seems to recommending American Pie, how good is the movie? :ahee:
Reply 19

Feraligatr, Welcome Squadder + Big Jaw Pokemon

Well, my favourite film is spirited away (by legend that is studio Chibli). It's an animé film but I usually don't like animé so it must be a good film. It is a little weird at times but hey, at least it's not boring :biggrin:. Plus the animation was hand drawn, which is pretty amazing when you watch it.

I LLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE this film, you have to watch it

Edit: it's not about uni but it's still a great film
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest