The Student Room Group

Need help with A Level Spanish Speaking & Listening.

I have a Spanish speaking test next week and I have been revising for it by preparing from past photo cards. However, I find the preparation time you are given is not enough and I can never prepare for all the bullet points within the time limit. I also have a listening test next week and I have been doing some past papers but I find that the audio is going too fast and I don't have time to process what they're saying and write my answer down before they move on to the next question. I've tried loads of papers and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier so I'm not sure how to get any quicker in time for the test.
For the listening, I recommend taking notes as the extract is playing before writing your full answer at the end. You might find it easier to write some words at the side in Spanish, then have a moment to process what they meant after the extract is played. If the extract is played more than once, take advantage of that too. I'm doing Scottish Advanced Higher so can't advise on the speaking format, sorry.
Reply 2
Original post by KnittingBookworm
For the listening, I recommend taking notes as the extract is playing before writing your full answer at the end. You might find it easier to write some words at the side in Spanish, then have a moment to process what they meant after the extract is played. If the extract is played more than once, take advantage of that too. I'm doing Scottish Advanced Higher so can't advise on the speaking format, sorry.

Thank you so much I will definitely give that a go ☺️
Original post by geo_bio_sp
I have a Spanish speaking test next week and I have been revising for it by preparing from past photo cards. However, I find the preparation time you are given is not enough and I can never prepare for all the bullet points within the time limit. I also have a listening test next week and I have been doing some past papers but I find that the audio is going too fast and I don't have time to process what they're saying and write my answer down before they move on to the next question. I've tried loads of papers and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier so I'm not sure how to get any quicker in time for the test.

Hello!

Firstly, GOODLUCK' walk into the class room with your head held high, be confident, speak Cleary and if you stumble, that is okay, you may start again, and speak slowly. As for the bullet points, only pick out the most important ones, or give it a practice go whilst timing yourself to see how far you get. Practice practice and you will do absolute amazing on the test

All the best,

Hassa - student ambassador/hope university
Thank you so much I will definitely give that a go ☺️

Hope it goes well for you!

Good luck with your tests! For the speaking, it's worth predicting what they could ask you for each topic and preparing an answer that you can use. For the bullet points, it's also worth noting down on the side brief points you want to talk about in English and in the exam looking at the notes and expanding on them in Spanish. For listening, the best thing to do is keep revising your vocab and practise listening clips. The more exposure you get to Spanish, the easier the exam will be. The first time you listen, take it in and understand what is being said. Afterwards, note down anything you remember. When you hear it the second time make more notes and try to form your answers.

Hope this helps!
Z
UG Arabic & IR
Start watching movies- I mean Spanish language movies, of course. The more hours you put into watching movies ( without subtitles ) the easier and more instinctive your processing of Spanish will become. If you're interested in supplementary lessons to help optimize your Spanish / boost your grades / simply get to grips with topics then just get in touch- teaching Spanish is my job and it's a job I love..... ¡así que vengan, vengan! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending