The Student Room Group

Equilibrium

If you have 5 mol of N2 and 6 mol of H2 reaching equilibrium, and 2.5 mol of HI forms; what is Kc?

I did 2.5/ 2 (because 1:2 ratio for both reactants and product) to get 1.25- I then subtracted this from 5 mol and 6 mol (all 1dm3) to get 3.75 and 4.75 respectively. I then worked out Kc to be 0.35 with no units.

Can someone tell me if this is right or not?
Original post by Lularose83
If you have 5 mol of N2 and 6 mol of H2 reaching equilibrium, and 2.5 mol of HI forms; what is Kc?

I did 2.5/ 2 (because 1:2 ratio for both reactants and product) to get 1.25- I then subtracted this from 5 mol and 6 mol (all 1dm3) to get 3.75 and 4.75 respectively. I then worked out Kc to be 0.35 with no units.

Hydrogen iodide formation is not possible if you start off with hydrogen and nitrogen ...
Reply 2
Original post by charco
Hydrogen iodide formation is not possible if you start off with hydrogen and nitrogen ...

Ahh- sorry, it was supposed to h2 and I2 :/
Original post by Lularose83

It's correct...
Reply 4
Original post by charco
It's correct...

Thank you Charco!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest