The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is Paedophilla always wrong? Should it be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

If you've ever heard of the deep web and knew what pedophiles actually do then you would probably think its fully wrong
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Pedophiles, Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Homosexuality, Transgenders, Disabled people etc.

At one point all these people where put in the same group. Its only as time has gone on we have began to accept different kinds of people who are different from the normal block of human beings.

The only difference between you and them is your perception.

So lets begin.

Homosexuals, Lesbians etc ...... Since we moved towards a more secular society we have accepted the natural existence of different sexuality in nature.

Like wise Transgender people can now openly come out without fear of persecution. The more people who are open about their sexuality and their bodies the more we can explore into how people feel and how people have these abnormalities.

Over the last 10 years or so people have began to talk more about mental illness and what it means to have a disability called Autism. Like wise people who are Sociopaths/Psychopaths are being accepted in society and are able to voice their problems about being unable to feel or coexist.

One of the last hurdles is understanding why Pedophiles have sexual urges towards children. Sentencing them to life in prison isn't going to help human advancement for a better world.

I ask myself what IF? What if we could develop a drug which allowed Pedophiles and other sex offenders the ability to turn off their libido or urges? It would allow them to become able in society.

I am afraid Pedophilia is a mental abnormality which causes behavior which should never be accepted in society but that doesn't mean we should blacklist the person to eternal damnation.

There are other sexual abnormalities which people also have. How about nymphomania? I've met some nymphomaniacs and their eternal thirst for sexual behavior has got them in so much trouble. It might be legal to act in such a manner but at the same time the emotional problems which are a result of such behavior and actions can add a lot of stress to a persons life.

Wouldn't it be a good if some medical drug could cease their destructive behavior?

No matter how much we are repulsive by other peoples behavior in this world we can't dam them to hell because that is the path of ignorance and ignorance breeds a world which will never progress.

I can already predict elliemayxo's reply to your post. If Cherie Amour turns up again I can predict her reply, too.

+1 rep anyway :smile:

EDIT: Oops. Predicted her reply wrong. First for everything I guess :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
Nope, that's fine. You can have your opinions just like I can have mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got to admit that user moonstruck16 makes a valid point. You can't just label every user that goes against you as a "supporter of paedophilia".

You want to be a solicitor/barrister or whatever, don't you? Lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
I can already predict elliemayxo's reply to your post. If Cherie Amour turns up again I can predict her reply, too.

+1 rep anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And did you predict that? Look up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NishaaaR
You've got to admit that user moonstruck16 makes a valid point. You can't just label every user that goes against you as a "supporter of paedophilia".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear god...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't even try to insult me. I'm open to all views and opinions, but I struggle to go back on my own.

The way I read those comments, it seemed as they did have supporters. Your mannerism is extremely rude and it's astonishing how you can try and judge me considering your own childish remarks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I'm sorry, but my god you are retarded.

Mods, I accept the inevitable blue/yellow card. But I just had to say what everyone else was thinking.

You don't know me or my background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't know me or my background.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just going by the (lack of) debating ability you have shown on this thread.

I think that's sufficient evidence for me to make such a judgement.

Life.

Don't even try to insult me. I'm open to all views and opinions, but I struggle to go back on my own.

The way I read those comments, it seemed as they did have supporters. Your mannerism is extremely rude and it's astonishing how you can try and judge me considering your own childish remarks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have I insulted you? You're being extremely defensive. I thought I was entitled to my own opinion as you are? :smile:

You say it "seemed" as if they were supporters of paedophilia, but you directly state that they are. Makes sense to me.

I was just asking a genuine question. Calm down! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you'd read most of the comments properly you would have understood that we were not supporting the child abuse that can arise from CHOOSING to act upon paedophilic urges but were supporting the fact that paedophiles should be treated as humans and given help.

I'm assuming that you're going to be a shyster if you ever make it into law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Life.

Where have I insulted you? You're being extremely defensive. I thought I was entitled to my own opinion as you are? :smile:

You say it "seemed" as if they were supporters of paedophilia, but you directly state that they are. Makes sense to me.

I was just asking a genuine question. Calm down! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm calm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that why your arguing with everyone who tries even suggest a scientific approach to pedophilia? Perhaps your be better off on Stormfront where the Neo-Nazis discuss what they like to do to sex offenders.
If you'd read most of the comments properly you would have understood that we were not supporting the child abuse that can arise from CHOOSING to act upon paedophilic urges but were supporting the fact that paedophiles should be treated as humans and given help.

I'm assuming that you're going to be a shyster if you ever make it into law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did read the comments but have you considered that online people view things differently?.

And yes, we shall see won't we.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think being sexually attracted to children is strictly illogical since what exactly is the difference between a young and an older person physically besides one being physically more developed? Ultimately both are human beings and so are subject to being attractive to someone. We say children are attractive all the time: "your child is so cute! She gorgeous, you look beautiful." What's wrong is acting on those feelings since many children don't understand sex and aren't ready for sex thus, the people who have sex with these children can be seen as taking advantage of them which is wrong in any aspect in society.
I'm just going by the (lack of) debating ability you have shown on this thread.

I think that's sufficient evidence for me to make such a judgement.

Unless you've met me in real life, you wouldn't have a clue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did read the comments but have you considered that online people view things differently?.

And yes, we shall see won't we.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And have you considered that if you plan to enter into a DISCUSSION on a PUBLIC FORUM that you should be open minded and prepared to argue your own opinion across in a way that does not descend into secondary school teenage drama by which your counter-argument to everything is not 'omgeee u dont share my view u must be a pedo'.

Aiming high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And have you considered that if you plan to enter into a DISCUSSION on a PUBLIC FORUM that you should be open minded and prepared to argue your own opinion across in a way that does not descend into secondary school teenage drama by which your counter-argument to everything is not 'omgeee u dont share my view u must be a pedo'.

Aiming high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll see :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless you've met me in real life, you wouldn't have a clue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I said, going by your lack of debating ability on this thread, I can infer that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed, as it were.
As I said, going by your lack of debating ability on this thread, I can infer that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed, as it were.

I think our little friend has given up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think our little friend has given up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't tell if her intellectual inflexibility/stubbornness is borne of arrogance or a lack of IQ points.

Latest

Trending

Trending