The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
You're joking, right?

Great arena, but the American Airlines Centre beats it for me. Team Bischoff vs. Team Austin at Survivor Series 2003, along with Undertaker being buried alive by Kane.

Kane and Undertaker were also in the Hell in a Cell 2010 main event there, along with Edge beating Batista and Triple H beating Cena at Night of Champions 2008.

You had Barrett beating Cena there during the summer of Nexus, too, and Rollins defeating Dean Ambrose there last summer.

If I remember rightly, that Kane vs Undertaker cell match was a slow, sloppy trainwreck of a match.

Don't remember Edge vs Batista or Triple H vs Cena at all, by 2008 they'd already faced each other so many times its not standing out.

I'm sure Rollins and Ambrose was good though. Was that the one where they brawled all over the arena and Dean dived off the little thing on the set?
Reply 3461
Original post by IanDangerously

I'm sure Rollins and Ambrose was good though. Was that the one where they brawled all over the arena and Dean dived off the little thing on the set?

Nope. It was the one where Wyatt came from beneath the ring and that supernatural **** happened with the lantern.
Original post by Mackay

Great arena, but the American Airlines Centre beats it for me. Team Bischoff vs. Team Austin at Survivor Series 2003, along with Undertaker being buried alive by Kane.

Nostalgic memories of this over 11 years ago. Recording it on the VCR and watching it the next day to see the ending. Always being amazed at that time at how the practical element of the burying alive actually happened. Kane entering was unexpected and Vince juices very well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vince please axe the creative staff, sack road dogg, bring back the attitude/agression/invasion era. Axe Smackdown and bring back WCW. Have WWE Raw v WCW Nitro v NXT
Reply 3464
Original post by Silly_Monkey
Vince please axe the creative staff, sack road dogg, bring back the attitude/agression/invasion era. Axe Smackdown and bring back WCW. Have WWE Raw v WCW Nitro v NXT

You're making no sense.

Original post by Aky786UK
Nostalgic memories of this over 11 years ago. Recording it on the VCR and watching it the next day to see the ending. Always being amazed at that time at how the practical element of the burying alive actually happened. Kane entering was unexpected and Vince juices very well

Genuinely my favourite PPV of all-time.
Anyone pre ordered WWE 2K16 yet? I'm so pumped. 120 characters.
Reply 3466
I won't pre-order it. I was really disappointed by the last few instalments of the series.

May pick up a copy in a few months time. I'm excited to wrestle with Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, and a few of the legends - Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Randy Savage, and Brian Pillman.
What if it's Samoa Joe
Reply 3468
I'd certainly take Samoa Joe. I expect he'll stay around in NXT for the forseeable, though. He'll inevitably turn heel and work a programme with Balor, I expect. I still think Joe and Owens have unfinished business, though.
Original post by Mackay
I won't pre-order it. I was really disappointed by the last few instalments of the series.

May pick up a copy in a few months time. I'm excited to wrestle with Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, and a few of the legends - Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Randy Savage, and Brian Pillman.

But Arnold Schwarzenegger. Wonder what his finisher will be.
Reply 3470
Original post by Longshot700
But Arnold Schwarzenegger. Wonder what his finisher will be.

Celebrity involvement with professional wrestling is the worst.
Original post by Mackay
Celebrity involvement with professional wrestling is the worst.

Reply 3472
Predictions for this weekend then, folks?

- Seth Rollins def. Sting to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (unless there's a Sheamus cashing in his MITB briefcase twist)
- John Cena def. Seth Rollins to win back the US Championship
- Ryback and Kevin Owens retains his Intercontinental Championship by DQ
- The New Day def. The Dudley Boyz to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
- Charlotte def. Nikki Bella to win the WWE Divas Championship
- Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and TBA def. The Wyatt Family
- Rusev def. Dolph Ziggler
- Neville and the Lucha Dragons def. Comsic Wasteland
Original post by Mackay
Predictions for this weekend then, folks?

- Seth Rollins def. Sting to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (unless there's a Sheamus cashing in his MITB briefcase twist)
- John Cena def. Seth Rollins to win back the US Championship
- Ryback and Kevin Owens retains his Intercontinental Championship by DQ
- The New Day def. The Dudley Boyz to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
- Charlotte def. Nikki Bella to win the WWE Divas Championship
- Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and TBA def. The Wyatt Family
- Rusev def. Dolph Ziggler
- Neville and the Lucha Dragons def. Comsic Wasteland

I agree for the most part, except for:

- The Wyatt Family def. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and TBA
- Seth Rollins def. John Cena to retain the US Championship
- Sting def. Seth Rollins with some sort of interference to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- Sheamus (accompanied by the authority) def. Sting to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Dudleys def New Day to win the WWE tag team titles

Rusev def Dolph Ziggler

Sting def Seth Rollins via count out when Seth walks out on the match to retain the WWE world title

The Shield def Wyatt Family

Charlotte def Nikki to win the divas championship

Kevin Owens def Ryback to win the IC Championship

Seth Rollins def John Cena
Most people here know what I want to happen at Night of Champions anyway.

Edit: And I ain't gonna shut up till it happens.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3476
No way should the Dudleyz win on Sunday.
Reply 3477
This Ziggler and Rusev angle is just getting worse by the week. I have no idea what Creative are playing at. Are they trying to turn Ziggler heel by wooing Summer Rae over Lana? Is Rusev set for a face turn when he reunites with Lana? He seems to be more of a face at the minute. He isn't playing a heel role, really, with Ziggler's sneak attacks, interferences and backstage scenarios.

It's just a terrible angle - and they've done each competitor no favours by persisting so long with it.
Original post by Mackay
This Ziggler and Rusev angle is just getting worse by the week. I have no idea what Creative are playing at. Are they trying to turn Ziggler heel by wooing Summer Rae over Lana? Is Rusev set for a face turn when he reunites with Lana? He seems to be more of a face at the minute. He isn't playing a heel role, really, with Ziggler's sneak attacks, interferences and backstage scenarios.

It's just a terrible angle - and they've done each competitor no favours by persisting so long with it.

I just want Kane to set them all on fire.
Reply 3479
From WrestlingInc...

"There is said to be serious talk within WWE of ending the current storyline with Rusev, Summer Rae, Dolph Ziggler and Lana with Lana being put back with Rusev.

"The feeling is that both the Rusev and Lana characters ended up weaker when they were apart. It may be a while before the decision is made as Lana can't return to action for four months."

Quick Reply

Latest