The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

People looking to make Friends before starting University Of Derby

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, My names Megan im 17, 18 in August meh. Ill be studying education studies in September at derby uni. Im also in Princess Alice court accommodation so if you are too hit me up!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Hey guys,

John here. I will be going to Derby for Computer Science in the fall.

I'm Canadian, I play the ukulele, I like C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald and am generally one hoopy frood.

Also, love the Game of Thrones novels. Never saw the series, though.

Anybody planning on joining any of the societies?

Hey that sounds awesome not gonna lie, do you know what accommodation your in yet?
Original post by Meganharrowing
Hey that sounds awesome not gonna lie, do you know what accommodation your in yet?

Thanks! I'm actually just planning on renting a place close to the university. I might stop by and meet people at the accomodations, but I just don't know how I'd deal with the first guy who set fire to his toast at 4 in the morning after a night out and had us all out in a fire alarm.

If I'm wearing smiley face boxers and standing in the snow, I'm gonna be wondering why I didn't just get my own place. :wink:
Thanks! I'm actually just planning on renting a place close to the university. I might stop by and meet people at the accomodations, but I just don't know how I'd deal with the first guy who set fire to his toast at 4 in the morning after a night out and had us all out in a fire alarm.

If I'm wearing smiley face boxers and standing in the snow, I'm gonna be wondering why I didn't just get my own place. :wink:

Haha omg you sound hilarious! I think we would get along rather well :wink:

Hahah. We'll see Freshers Fortnight. You're doing Education Studies, right? I'm getting my Comp Sci degree to teach, too. I'll pick up some pointers from you.
Hahah. We'll see Freshers Fortnight. You're doing Education Studies, right? I'm getting my Comp Sci degree to teach, too. I'll pick up some pointers from you.

Yeah thats cool use me for pointers and if i ever get stuck with computer science stuff, i dont know when that will be but ill use you!
Yeah thats cool use me for pointers and if i ever get stuck with computer science stuff, i dont know when that will be but ill use you!

Oh, well it's like computers, but it's all sciencey. That way I can do my work placement at Disney World.

I'm going to say it's so I can spend my nights on the beach, but it's really so I can get my nerd on at Harry Potter world.
Oh, well it's like computers, but it's all sciencey. That way I can do my work placement at Disney World.

I'm going to say it's so I can spend my nights on the beach, but it's really so I can get my nerd on at Harry Potter world.

haha i would do that too:wink: You can fix my computer then when i break it

I think that we will get along awesomely as well
Reply 29
Hey guys, My names Megan im 17, 18 in August meh. Ill be studying education studies in September at derby uni. Im also in Princess Alice court accommodation so if you are too hit me up!

Hey how are you and what is princess Alice court ??
Hey guys, just firmed my offer from Derby
Original post by Apex12
Hey how are you and what is princess Alice court ??

hey im good, how are you? And its a name of one of the accommodations x
Original post by Rach.is.awesome
I think that we will get along awesomely as well

Im sure we will!
Original post by Rach.is.awesome
Hey guys, just firmed my offer from Derby

woo i'll see you around!
Congrats guys. Tomorrow, I have to stop by Derby and bring some stuff to show I'm a home student, but I'll be firming tomorrow.

THATS WHY IM NOT STAYING IN HALLS EITHER, I just thought if I was stuck with weirdos for a year I would hate myself for paying so much to stay there. Bit worried about meeting people though because it's so much easier at halls😂
Reply 36
Nice to see this ia being used 😂 havnt been on here since ive made it
Reply 37

I'm doing Computer science might see you there lad
Reply 38
Original post by AnnaMariaa
THATS WHY IM NOT STAYING IN HALLS EITHER, I just thought if I was stuck with weirdos for a year I would hate myself for paying so much to stay there. Bit worried about meeting people though because it's so much easier at halls😂

Lets be hoset thats why we are on here to try and make mates before we go im thinking of hitting the town on the first night so if you wanna join everyones welcome 😜
Original post by MattF20
I'm doing Computer science might see you there lad

Original post by AnnaMariaa

Every hall has so many people you're guaranteed to have the guy who stands way too close, the girl who gets drunk and loudly yells at her boyfriend at two in the morning, the guy who doesn't bathe and the person who never speaks to anybody, wears all leather and who you never see during the day.

And if you don't see any weirdos in the hall, then it means you're the weirdo.

I plan on making friends with all the weirdos. Maybe do a Karaoke night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending