The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Uni Accommodation 2024

Hello,

I have accepted Nottingham (Uni of) as my firm choice for September and have begun researching accommodation options.

I know I will opt for self-catered, and while location isn't that important to me, I would prefer a more social atmosphere.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've looked into Southwell Hall, but I'm curious about the experiences of anyone who live/have lived there.

Thanks,
Harry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username6404916
Hello,
I have accepted Nottingham (Uni of) as my firm choice for September and have begun researching accommodation options.
I know I will opt for self-catered, and while location isn't that important to me, I would prefer a more social atmosphere.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I've looked into Southwell Hall, but I'm curious about the experiences of anyone who live/have lived there.
Thanks,
Harry

Hi,

I have also firmed Nottingham and I am looking at accommodation. It might help to look at where your course is based and find accommodation near there.

Also it might help if you connect with current Nottingham students through the University of Nottingham website and ask them questions directly.

Link: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/chat-to-our-students/index.aspx

Any questions just ask!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I've got an accommodation question!!

I'm an undergraduate medical applicant, and I have received my Nottingham A100 offer (my top choice!) , however I haven't received any other of my medical offers.
I heard that the only way I can firm UoN as my 1st choice right now is by withdrawing my applications from the other universities (which is something I don't want to do, even though I don't want to go to those unis, as I'd still like to see if I passed the interviews).

However accommodation booking starts 3 April 2024. So I guess my question is whether accommodation is first come first serve in any way? If I wait a few weeks until I get all my offers, will the chances of me getting the accommodation I want, be reduced?

Please help!
Original post by 16abcd
Hi,
I've got an accommodation question!!
I'm an undergraduate medical applicant, and I have received my Nottingham A100 offer (my top choice!) , however I haven't received any other of my medical offers.
I heard that the only way I can firm UoN as my 1st choice right now is by withdrawing my applications from the other universities (which is something I don't want to do, even though I don't want to go to those unis, as I'd still like to see if I passed the interviews).
However accommodation booking starts 3 April 2024. So I guess my question is whether accommodation is first come first serve in any way? If I wait a few weeks until I get all my offers, will the chances of me getting the accommodation I want, be reduced?
Please help!

Which accomodation are you wanting to apply for? I believe some are first-come-first-serve but I think it depends.
Reply 4
I'm looking for ensuites in University Park campus or perhaps Jubilee (eg: Cripps, Deakins, Newark, Nottingham Two)
Original post by 16abcd
I'm looking for ensuites in University Park campus or perhaps Jubilee (eg: Cripps, Deakins, Newark, Nottingham Two)

Yea I'm looking at Nottingham two I've heard its really good. I haven't firmed uon yet but i wanna know the answer to your question too
Original post by 16abcd

Yeah I believe those are first-come-first-serve but I think they don't usually fill up right away though.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I believe those are first-come-first-serve but I think they don't usually fill up right away though.

How long do you think I have until it starts getting risky? As I don't know how many more weeks until I get my other offers, so do you think I still have a big chance of getting accom I want if I wait more than a week?
Original post by 16abcd
How long do you think I have until it starts getting risky? As I don't know how many more weeks until I get my other offers, so do you think I still have a big chance of getting accom I want if I wait more than a week?

Icl mate I'd do it asap my teacher said the good ones go out really quickly like on the same day
Reply 9
Original post by room student the
Icl mate I'd do it asap my teacher said the good ones go out really quickly like on the same day

shoot really?!? damn and i heard once you firm Notts you have to wait 2 days until u can book accommodation, so i cant even do it today.
Original post by 16abcd
shoot really?!? damn and i heard once you firm Notts you have to wait 2 days until u can book accommodation, so i cant even do it today.

Depends which accommodation you're after I think. A lot of the more popular catered halls (like Cripps, Derby, etc) go quickly I think, but yes it took 2 days for me to access the accommodation portal once I'd made an account after firming it.
Original post by room student the
Depends which accommodation you're after I think. A lot of the more popular catered halls (like Cripps, Derby, etc) go quickly I think, but yes it took 2 days for me to access the accommodation portal once I'd made an account after firming it.

My daughter applied 2 weeks after the accomodation opened last year. She got her first choice. Shared ensuite in Lenton and Wortley (shared between two people), she later changed to a shared bathroom room (2 showers, 2 toilets between 6) instead about a month later as she reassessed her budget. Not sure if there were many ensuites left after 2 weeks. The shared bathrooms are okay though, you generally get a bigger room, a sink and of course the bathroom cleaning is included. I don't think it is in the ensuites.
has anyone had any accommodation confirmed yet?
I noticed a few of the room options now say fully booked when they didn’t before
i was booking mine at midnight as soon as it opened - the site kept crashing. i think if you want your top choice you should do it asap
Original post by Anonymous
has anyone had any accommodation confirmed yet?
I noticed a few of the room options now say fully booked when they didn’t before
i was booking mine at midnight as soon as it opened - the site kept crashing. i think if you want your top choice you should do it asap

i applied around 8am on the day it opened, i’ve just had an email saying i got my top preference, which was cavendish 😁
Original post by luciette
i applied around 8am on the day it opened, i’ve just had an email saying i got my top preference, which was cavendish 😁

I've also just got my top preference which was Cavendish! What course have you applied for?
Original post by rosie27mm
I've also just got my top preference which was Cavendish! What course have you applied for?
history 🙌 what about you?
history 🙌 what about you?

pharmacy! i'm a bit worried that most people in cavendish will be doing humanities subjects tho so idk if ive made the right call choosing it even tho im gonna be a stem student. it'll still be nice to have a wide variety of people around tho! how are you feeling about everything?
Original post by rosie27mm
pharmacy! i'm a bit worried that most people in cavendish will be doing humanities subjects tho so idk if ive made the right call choosing it even tho im gonna be a stem student. it'll still be nice to have a wide variety of people around tho! how are you feeling about everything?

i wouldn’t worry, i’m pretty sure there will be a mix of everyone in any halls! it seemed like a really nice accommodation when i looked on the open day so i’m excited, how r you feeling?
i wouldn’t worry, i’m pretty sure there will be a mix of everyone in any halls! it seemed like a really nice accommodation when i looked on the open day so i’m excited, how r you feeling?

ah okay that's reassuring because i didn't look at any accommodation on the open day which, in hindsight, was very silly. i'm quite excited but i'm also really nervous about making friends initially as i can be quite shy around new people
i’m so nervous too, do u want to exchange socials so we can message? would be nice to get to know someone beforehand !
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending