The Student Room Group

Mock disaster :(

I am panicking, today I had my AQA GCSE English language practice mock, I only managed to do 2 paragraphs for question 6. I am literally panicking is that enough for a B or C, please am literally in panic mode
its fine, its called a practise mock for a reason :hugs: so you know what to improve on next and to work on your timing!
Original post by bluemadhatter
its fine, its called a practise mock for a reason :hugs: so you know what to improve on next and to work on your timing!

Yeah I guess :frown:, all you could hear wass the invigilator saying 5 minutes left and literally I was on time llike I was on question 3 and then went straight to the back to do it but then I couldnt think of any point so I carried on doing the rest of the paper and when he said 5 minutes left I saw I just wrote too paragraphs :frown:. Thank you, I will practice more on question 6 and time management !
(edited 8 years ago)
I had my English Language mock yesterday to and I am so panicking about how well I've done :frown: just keep thinking that its just a mock and not the real thing and theres time to improve if you need to :smile: x
Original post by emilie.rafferty
I had my English Language mock yesterday to and I am so panicking about how well I've done :frown: just keep thinking that its just a mock and not the real thing and theres time to improve if you need to :smile: x

Aw thank you! :smile: You've probably done well yourself! Could you still get a B or C even if you wrote two paras for question 6 though? :frown:
Reply 5
If it makes you feel any better I did my English mock last week and only answered 3/6 questions due to my awful timing :redface: Honestly though don't worry about it. You can still get a good grade and even if you don't remember, it's just a mock! :smile:
Original post by luciie
If it makes you feel any better I did my English mock last week and only answered 3/6 questions due to my awful timing :redface: Honestly though don't worry about it. You can still get a good grade and even if you don't remember, it's just a mock! :smile:

Aw thank you so much, I take it so seriously haha but thank you soo much:smile:
Original post by rebeccamaria
Aw thank you! :smile: You've probably done well yourself! Could you still get a B or C even if you wrote two paras for question 6 though? :frown:

I hope so because I only wrote 1 paragraph! Mine was about a magazine blog about young people's lifestyles and how they could improve and i just completley run out of time! As long as you wrote quite a bit of content for the other questions you should be fine, don't get yourself worked up over it x
Original post by rebeccamaria
I am panicking, today I had my AQA GCSE English language practice mock, I only managed to do 2 paragraphs for question 6. I am literally panicking is that enough for a B or C, please am literally in panic mode

What was Q5 and 6?

Quick Reply

Latest