The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Bowl them out for less than 140
Reply 141
Really enjoying this atmosphere.

There's nothing better than cricket in the sub-continent as the light fades and the dark comes in.

I love cricket in England - traditional Sunday pitches with plenty of lush, green outfields - and venues like Newlands in SA, but there's something remarkable about India.
Bangladesh getting a move on now, should be a good contest if no more wickets fall for a couple of overs.

My bad, Afridi just bowled Shabbir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shabbir out, RIP
Need Tamim out now
Tamim is out! Afridi having a dream match!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love this pose

Another one bites the dust!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame Pakistan can't play like this regularly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BEAUTY!
Reply 150
The Tamim Iqbal wicket was the key one for Pakistan, and that has really set them up to claim the victory in style here.
As an India fan, I don't know whether I want Pakistan to win by a massive margin or not. :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
As an India fan, I don't know whether I want Pakistan to win by a massive margin or not. :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll only make the big game that much more interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mushfiqur is gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another one bites the dust :awesome:
great improvement by shakib al hasan today, disappointed with mahmudullah :frown:
Reply 156
Game over. Now THAT was a good match. Good batting from Pakistan, a good bowling effort to boot, and some sumptuous fielding summarised best by Soumya Sarkar's stunning boundary catch.
And... it's over. Well played Pakistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations to Shakib for his 50 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only decent thing out of this game is that Shakib got a bit of form under his belt since his batting hadn't been great lately.

The bowling wasn't up to par and Pakistan made it look like a different pitch (both batting and bowling).

That said, i think this group will be pretty tight with NZ having beaten India in the opener. Are there any games you would see as bankers? Probably not and on any given day, I think every team could beat the other.

Still finding it hard to call who will go through to the SF. Think it might be India and NZ at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest