The Student Room Group

Revision:urgent!

I've been away for the past week on a school trip and didn't get back until yesterday and then leave for a conference on Wednesday this week; meaning I won't get much revision done at all! I'm extremely panicky about my exam which is in 8 weeks and haven't started revising because I simply haven't been able to! I won't be able to take any revision resources with me this week as I am doing stuff every day!

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!

Will be extremely grateful if anyone can help! :smile:
Well I cna tell you not to panic and you have plenty of time, but I dont know. If you wnat to study you cna find a way. why cnat you read for an hour in the morning by getting up earlu and then an hour in the evening? Does this place allow books or is it 24hr activities?

If youve known about the course and trip then you should have planned to start sooner. take at least paper and pen with you and start planning your timetable.

If they will execute you for having a book, then you dont have any hoice and you will ahve to accept that and do the best you can when you get back. I cnat see what you wnat becayse you are throwing up a lo of reasons why you cant revise rather than a determinateion to do what you can.

If you only have one exam then 7 weeks shoul be fine, unless you are learning it for the first time..
If you absolutely can't take anything with you then download an app such as Gojimo and try to do a few quizzes each night. You have to download the subjects before hand but once downloaded you can complete the quizzes with no WiFi, 3G etc. You can change the settings for each quiz with the number of questions so it can take as long or as short as you like. I'd recommend about 10 questions a quiz where each quiz takes between 1 and 3 minutes.
Quick, easy and ready recorded way of revising (so you can check your weaknesses after to focus your after school revision).
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Well I cna tell you not to panic and you have plenty of time, but I dont know. If you wnat to study you cna find a way. why cnat you read for an hour in the morning by getting up earlu and then an hour in the evening? Does this place allow books or is it 24hr activities?

If youve known about the course and trip then you should have planned to start sooner. take at least paper and pen with you and start planning your timetable.

If they will execute you for having a book, then you dont have any hoice and you will ahve to accept that and do the best you can when you get back. I cnat see what you wnat becayse you are throwing up a lo of reasons why you cant revise rather than a determinateion to do what you can.

If you only have one exam then 7 weeks shoul be fine, unless you are learning it for the first time..

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and am grateful. However, I am slightly upset that you didn't take a more kind approach. I have anxiety and rather than 'throwing up a lot of reasons' why I can't revise or appear to show determination to do what I can, by posting this I am at least showing some intent to revise but need reassurance :smile: And no, they won't execute me for having a book but last year I went to the same conference and struggled to find time to revise for my science GCSEs because I was doing activities. I am going to do some now that you've said that so thank you for motivating me.

I did do some revision and planning before the trip and Easter but for other subjects :smile: (I'm doing one AS and 3 A levels) Plus music (the AS) is easily split up for the exam; I am concentrating on set works and doing each one throughly. :smile:

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14
If you absolutely can't take anything with you then download an app such as Gojimo and try to do a few quizzes each night. You have to download the subjects before hand but once downloaded you can complete the quizzes with no WiFi, 3G etc. You can change the settings for each quiz with the number of questions so it can take as long or as short as you like. I'd recommend about 10 questions a quiz where each quiz takes between 1 and 3 minutes.
Quick, easy and ready recorded way of revising (so you can check your weaknesses after to focus your after school revision).

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will do this on my tablet as my phone has run out of storage! :smile:
Original post by HRM1999
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will do this on my tablet as my phone has run out of storage! :smile:

np :smile: I have the opposite problem, my phone has tonnes of storage and my tablet has none because it rejects the SD card and most the apps then refuse to move onto it and there's no option to automatically put the apps on the SD card :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
What's the subject? How long is the conference? I assumed it was a week.
If you are away for the conference and you cant revise then thats just the way it is, but I would at least take a pen and paper so you can plan what you might do in a to do list for when you get back or keep it on your phone.

Get a decent set of notes if you use the, thats predictable work.
Then draw up your timetable, split into units and allocate your study slots to the subjects as appropriate. keep on top of daily and weekly targets so you can adjust as you go along. this means you are allocating your efforts efficiently and keeping on top of everything. I would start doing past papers maybe a month out. Not even sure what you are studying.

1. With books and no time limit
2. With books and timed
3. With no books and no time limit
4. No books and timed.

Just do one a day. get them marked by your teach if possible.be consistent.and your effort will take pressure off you and anxiety as well.

Maubne repost on this thread when you get back, but it helps if you have a plan on what you will do. You cna just think about that. I always have a to do list and just add to it every time I have an idea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
What's the subject? How long is the conference? I assumed it was a week.
If you are away for the conference and you cant revise then thats just the way it is, but I would at least take a pen and paper so you can plan what you might do in a to do list for when you get back or keep it on your phone.

Get a decent set of notes if you use the, thats predictable work.
Then draw up your timetable, split into units and allocate your study slots to the subjects as appropriate. keep on top of daily and weekly targets so you can adjust as you go along. this means you are allocating your efforts efficiently and keeping on top of everything. I would start doing past papers maybe a month out. Not even sure what you are studying.

1. With books and no time limit
2. With books and timed
3. With no books and no time limit
4. No books and timed.

Just do one a day. get them marked by your teach if possible.be consistent.and your effort will take pressure off you and anxiety as well.

I leave on Wednesday and come back Sunday (long I know!). THANK YOU SO MUCH! I feel much more confident now; I will try and do half an hour a day as that's the amount of time I will have where I can sit in quiet without any distractions (except for the odd bird!)..
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
np :smile: I have the opposite problem, my phone has tonnes of storage and my tablet has none because it rejects the SD card and most the apps then refuse to move onto it and there's no option to automatically put the apps on the SD card :frown:

Ah that sucks :frown:
Original post by HRM1999
I leave on Wednesday and come back Sunday (long I know!). THANK YOU SO MUCH! I feel much more confident now; I will try and do half an hour a day as that's the amount of time I will have where I can sit in quiet without any distractions (except for the odd bird!)..

Post back next week and you can run your plan past me then ill give you what tips I can. It just requires you to keep your nerve.

If you leave the exam knowing youve revised as hard as you can,then tried in the exam thats all you can do. You will feel a lot less anxious becayse you couldnt have done anymore.

You have to make sure you look after yourself, sleep eat and relax so you are in good shape to revise and then to do the exam. Dobt worry thats pointless, but be determined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending