The Student Room Group

revision help :(

my first gcse (drama component 3) is on the 7th of may.. and ive watched many youtube videos and gotten advice from many teachers regarding the ideal ways to effectively study. but they largely revolve around sticking to some concrete plan which i cannot sustain or i'll just burn out.

im basically just asking for a little guidance on how i can make an effective revision plan since theres one more school week then 3 weeks of half term. and i also wanted some advice on how i can revise for the below subjects (if you have any tips that work for you then please do share <3)

subjects that im taking:

edexel igcse mathmatics spec a (higher)
edexel igcse physics (triple)
edexel igcse biology (triple)
edexel igcse chemistry (triple)
aqa gcse english lit
aqa gcse english lang
edexel igcse spanish
ocr music
aqa design technology - product design
eduqas drama
Hi,
I didnt take all the same exam boards, but Im pretty sure revision wise the tips should remain the same.

Maths: I would say just past papers and more past papers at this stage because now you really have to lock in your exam technique, and then once you have done an exam paper, look at it on youtube as the coresponding walkthrough paper so for the questions you didnt know, or you got wrong, you get an example working out for it.

Physics: Learn the equations. Im not sure if you get them in the exam like us, but learn the equatiosn if you dont, this way if you need one then you can write it down and use it. You can try memorising them with flashcards and then ask a family member or a freind to test you on them. Also once again past papers because there is only so many questions the exam board can ask you.

Biology: The content, especially on content heavy parts, and then exam questions and past papers. Biology likes to ask for specific words so learn your answers acoring to the content AND the mark scheme.

Chemistry: Once again past papers, and equations, because chemistry is really quite mathsy. Also definitions because if you know the definition then you should be able to sus out the answer.

Lit: quotes, themes, charecters, the way they all link togeather, context. Learn all of that along with time management by doing exam questions then asking your teachers to mark them.

Laung- time management, but also read books, newspapers, magasines and annotate them acoring to what you would have to do in the exam.

Spanish: key phrases, sentences for themes and all of that. If you can think up an answer for any of the themes that they give you then you are set.

I havent done any of the others so hopefuly someone else can help with those.

Hope this helps :smile:
hiya!!

thank you so much for the advice, it means a lot :smile:

luckily i'm getting an equation sheet for physics so thats one less thing to revise
Original post by thewitchelaina
hiya!!
thank you so much for the advice, it means a lot :smile:
luckily i'm getting an equation sheet for physics so thats one less thing to revise

No problem my love. Im just happy it helped :smile:
my first gcse (drama component 3) is on the 7th of may.. and ive watched many youtube videos and gotten advice from many teachers regarding the ideal ways to effectively study. but they largely revolve around sticking to some concrete plan which i cannot sustain or i'll just burn out.
im basically just asking for a little guidance on how i can make an effective revision plan since theres one more school week then 3 weeks of half term. and i also wanted some advice on how i can revise for the below subjects (if you have any tips that work for you then please do share <3)
subjects that im taking:
aqa gcse english lit
aqa gcse english lang
edexel igcse spanish
ocr music
eduqas drama

I'm doing eduqas drama as well but I thought it was on the 9th of May not the 7th - maybe yours is different
subjects that im taking:
aqa gcse english lit
aqa gcse english lang
edexel igcse spanish
ocr music
eduqas drama

heyy!!
do you have any tips for the dt nea - most of my grades are good but i find the nea so hard and im still on section E even though our deadline is in less than a week - i was on top of it at the beginning but have neglected it for other revision since christmas and oh how much i am regretting that now!
literally any advice will be aprecciated !!
(also my tip for languages is
1. make really good speaking questions with lots of vocab, tenses, and complex structures (because this will help you in speaking, writing, and helps you learn vocab for reading/writing)
2. i used the writing mark schemes and examiners reports/exam board resources to see what they want you to write in the exam (basically different types of 'complex structures' - then I wrote a phrase for each thing - e.g if i could, i would...clause, subjunctive, negatives, conditional verbs., as well as remember the things you need to include - like 2 reasons + opinions, all the tenses
3. make flashcards for how to form each tense with each pronoun and learn them

this will literally help you so so much and i promise is super quick and manageable to do over the time we have until exams!!)
good luck <33

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending