The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
I imagine this will be my final contribution to this thread before I disappear and occasionally lurk:

Why is Undertaker still going, like what's he got to gain? He was probably my favourite superstar about 10 years ago, but I feel he should have called it a day win Lesnar ended the streak.

Money and higher views.

Edit: I'm gonna be seeing him in about 2 weeks at the o2.
I loved WrestleMania. A lot of it made no freaking sense, but from a pure entertainment standpoint it was never dull and kept me interested and having fun watching it throughout.

The ladder match was an awesome car crash spectacle and it was cool to see Ryder get the IC title as the lifetime achievement award type gimmick. Jericho vs Styles was a really good match - I don't know how it helps AJ to lose to the part-time guy that he challenged in the first place but the match was good. Loved the New Day entrance, the match was fine ... loved Austin, HBK and Cactus coming out and doing their thing. It's impossible to not pop for the stunner and the beer bash, in any era.

LOL @ Dean Ambrose being indestructible and popping up from everything Brock has thrown at him for weeks and then being pinned with one F5. Again it was a really good match though if you ignore how Dean was presented building up to it. Women's match was amazing, really loved watching it, entrances etc were really cool and it felt like a main event. Shane vs Taker was well booked and the big spot was insane, although the format of the match was identical to Dean and Lesnar an hour earlier. The biggest swerve of the night was that no swerve took place.

The battle royal was meh, who really cares. Shaq appearance was cool. The Rock went way too long. Awesome that they smashed the attendance record, I was really hoping for a 100k crowd and we got it. The whole Rock/Wyatt/Cena deal was cool ... I know some people are unhappy about the Wyatt family being buried but they're scorched earth at this point anyway so who cares? Steph's pre-match promo was great, Hunter's entrance was great, the first half of the main event was slow ... loved the last 10 minutes and the spear on Steph. Again, no big swerves was a swerve in itself.

Brilliantly entertaining show but it was seven f'ing hours long. SEVEN. I had no idea the main show was going 5 instead of the usual 4 ... it's just way, way too long to sit and watch a show!
Original post by Longshot1000
Money and higher views.

Edit: I'm gonna be seeing him in about 2 weeks at the o2.

Ah, of course it's money. Silly me!

Enjoy
Original post by ozzyoscy

How is Triple H NOT a member or representation of the establishment?

That wasnt my point...
Reply 4704
Original post by The Wavefunction
I imagine this will be my final contribution to this thread before I disappear and occasionally lurk:

Why is Undertaker still going, like what's he got to gain? He was probably my favourite superstar about 10 years ago, but I feel he should have called it a day win Lesnar ended the streak.

The only reason is bums on seats, and more viewers. With Randy Orton, John Cena and Seth Rollins, and even solid midcard workers like Neville and Cesaro, WM32 completely lacked star power and sheer bodies.

The company has it in their best interests to keep Undertaker ticking over part-time.
damn when they said countdown I legit thought they were gonna go and play countdown. still remember the wwe weakest link episode lol
Stupid f*cking Virgin media box cut out towards the end of raw and I missed who won then had to turn the box back on and it was the game trailer after the end and everyone on the wrestling forums was like "oh my god." "wow".

F*cking pissed off right now.
Wrong winner imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heavyhandscott
That wasnt my point...

Then it doesn't disagree with mine. Thanks!
Reply 4710
That RAW crowd was the worst ever. I honestly believe that.

Their "no chance in Hell!" chant set the tone for the night. It was weird to see Shane O'Mac given control of the show (what was the point in the WM32 bout with Undertaker, then?) but the company did plenty right last night: Apollo Crews debuting and running over Tyler Breeze, giving Enzo a chance to debut and shine on the microphone, putting AJ Styles over.

I'm intrigued by the potential of AJ Styles vs Roman Reigns. The former is such a phenomenal worker, and he displayed that again last night. The latter was great as the cocky, over-confident champion - and I hope this signals a heel turn. It has been long awaited.

Ideally, I'd have liked Kevin Owens to be thrust into the main event picture. Having Zack Ryder relinquish him of the Intercontinental Championship at Mania was the wrong move (Owens should have retained, or Sami Zayn should have won) and that was proved last night. Another two pointless changes, which does nothing to add worth to the title. The secondary championships deserve prestige.

That said, I can get behind the Miz as the champion - especially if he maintains Maryse as his manager.

I thought Sheamus' promo was exceptional - and the turn on Barrett was a good send-off for him. The Wyatt Family, after months of dreadful booking, seem to be babyfaces all of a sudden. That offers them a new avenue. The New Day need some decent challengers, though. And quickly.

If Enzo/Cass and the Usos are the staple babyfaces, that leaves only the Dudley Boyz or the League of Nations (who both seem pre-occupied now) as challenges. Unless, of course, the vignette for Los Matadores leads them to returning as darker, more sinister heels.

Great to see Corbin continue that relentless streak against Ziggler, too.
What even happened to Ambrose and Lesnar? I really really hope they don't set up a rematch for Extreme Rules but I'm confident it's going to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4712
Original post by AR_95
What even happened to Ambrose and Lesnar? I really really hope they don't set up a rematch for Extreme Rules but I'm confident it's going to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was the other weird part of RAW for me. Why was Ambrose not there? Sure, maybe he's having a well-earned night off, or they are trying to sell his injuries, but it seems a bit farcical to leave one of the most over superstars on the roster out of the card for notoriously the most-watched and most-anticipated RAW of the year.

I doubt Ambrose would have wanted to miss it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4dch01/amaa_time_lets_talk_wrestling/

An account leaking info on Reddit did an AMA before closing his/her account. If you want to know how legit s/he is with their 'predictions' (spoilers), s/he even reveals a few things about Raw in the AMA that night that went on to happen.

Notable info (all subject to Vince's senility):

- WrestleMania's card before injuries was Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns, Lesnar vs Wyatt and Taker vs Cena

- The mood backstage regarding WrestleMania is positive

- No surprise but: no, Vince does not give one **** that the fans are booing Roman (though enough to have them pipe in the Smackdown cheers obviously)

- Ambrose was disappointed with his match because he wanted more hardcore weapon usage (he's a CZW alumni after all)

- Talent and staff REALLY aren't fond of those 'superfans' that are always at every show or are a bit crazy. But hey, stopping them is always going to be a longshot.

- There are exciting things happening in the Women's division the next few months

- Lana doesn't have heat (apparently dirtsheets and rumours say she does)

(Consider the below to be spoilers)

Spoiler

- Vince McMahon doesn't know what a burrito is
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4714
Original post by ozzyoscy

- WrestleMania's card before injuries was Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns, Lesnar vs Wyatt and Taker vs Cena

For me, that's a really positive thing. Those were clearly the right way to go - I've been wanting the Shield triple threat feud for months - and it's good the company sees that. The injury to Cena, and Rollins, obviously opened up different avenues. And I'm OK with that.

As for the spoilers:

- No surprise.
- Same time? Judging on Cena at WM32, that can't be far off.
- And he's due to return at the same time as Cena
- No surprise.
- Expected him to debut last night, to be honest.
- YES. YES. YES.
- No surprise.
- Ah, man. I've always wanted her to be 'Sister Abigail', but it's a shame she's in limbo.
- Lol @ that. Shame about Sandow, though.
- Christ. Ominous. That vignette on RAW was bizarre.
On the bright side then, at least we didn't have to suffer Lesnar vs Wyatt at Mania.
I want to do lots of stuff with Paige too.

When Cena-Taker happens, I hope Cena can finally produce an iconic Mania match. All of his best ones have come on the lesser PPVs, or even on Raw.
No match will ever eclipse the hype around Cena vs the Rock for WM28 Tbh. Can you imagine a year long build up ffs. I don't think Sting vs Taker would have been as big either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I would bet money CM punk ends his short and uneventful career with UFC early (probably 2 or 3 fights at most ) and returns to WWE. Would love him to come back though and there's just so much he could do with the current roster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading the recap, it seems Rock got a decent pop at WM but as with him, it didn't really do much for the show or was an even memorable moment.

Rock's tweet after the event, despite thanking the WWE employees etc, seems bit too self congratulatory on breaking records when it's really not all too important. Maybe it's Hollywood PR to boast of records and numbers all the time but as a Rock fan, becoming a tad grating.

Roman Reigns - 3x World Champion - Already?!

See, if they had not given him the title the two previous times which IIRC were short reigns (really short!), they could have built a really compelling story so when he does win the big one, and his first one at WM, it could have been a really big moment and the fans onside if he had been booked in the way majority would say he should be booked.

But instead, he's a three times Champ and supposed to be face of the company yet fans hate him. Shame.

Quick Reply

Latest