The Student Room Group

Whose ready for gcse ?

I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be :smile: but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I'm not...

Spoiler

So long as you don't have a million exams (like me :frown: ), then you should be alright. Just revise, though I may be the millionth person to say that.

..yeah I'm ready.
Original post by Fractite
So long as you don't have a million exams (like me :frown: ), then you should be alright. Just revise, though I may be the millionth person to say that.

..yeah I'm ready.

How many exam do you have? I have 24 :smile:
I'm ready for everything apart from geography and english literature :/
Original post by nisha.sri
How many exam do you have? I have 24 :smile:

I have 21, so it's not as bad as you lol.
I have 21, so it's not as bad as you lol.

Lol :smile: Yep but most of them are easy like French and i was born in france. Maths already got my gcse last year and i got an A* :smile: but i'm doing it this year as well :smile: :biggrin: but it's fine i can manage :smile:
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I'm ready for everything apart from geography and english literature :/

omg same i'm never ready for english lit
Lol :smile: Yep but most of them are easy like French and i was born in france. Maths already got my gcse last year and i got an A* :smile: but i'm doing it this year as well :smile: :biggrin: but it's fine i can manage :smile:

You did your Maths GCSE a year early?
You did your Maths GCSE a year early?

Yep it's Edexcel Certificate an extra maths gcse :smile:
Yep it's Edexcel Certificate an extra maths gcse :smile:

Ooh okay, that's cool.
Ooh okay, that's cool.

Haha yep what subjects do you do and what exam boards?
Reply 12
I have 20 exams and I would say that I'm pretty prepared for them especially the sciences, languages and subjects like history, geography, economics, but the aspect which I don't feel prepared in is english literature. I'm just finding it hard to learn quotes and analysis for the poems in my anthology. Maths shouldn't be too hard, I did my IGCSE last year in it and got an A* and I feel pretty prepared for my additional Maths exam this year.
its a month before exams so people should really just be doing past papers at this point and finished learning all the content
Original post by MattB_
I have 20 exams and I would say that I'm pretty prepared for them especially the sciences, languages and subjects like history, geography, economics, but the aspect which I don't feel prepared in is english literature. I'm just finding it hard to learn quotes and analysis for the poems in my anthology. Maths shouldn't be too hard, I did my IGCSE last year in it and got an A* and I feel pretty prepared for my additional Maths exam this year.

Hey i did my igcse maths last year too and i also got a A*. Well done though
Reply 15
Hey i did my igcse maths last year too and i also got a A*. Well done though

Well done to you too :wink:
Original post by chrlhyms
its a month before exams so people should really just be doing past papers at this point and finished learning all the content

Yup that's what i'm doing :smile:
Original post by MattB_
Well done to you too :wink:

Thank you how's your revision?
Reply 18
Thank you how's your revision?

It's going well although I tend to get distracted. During this break I've just been rewriting my notes and learning the core material for humanity subjects. The sciences I've just been doing past paper questions, likewise with Maths. English I've been re analysing the poems and non-fiction prose pieces, as well as going over texts and just writing down quotes that I may find useful then going back to them categorising them and analysing them. Haven't really done anything for languages other than going over past papers and writing down the vocabulary I didn't understand or know then learn them and read books in french / italian. How about you?
I only have 16 exams :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest