The Student Room Group

Part way through my course, Learn Direct Switched my Syllabus to SEG

Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone has been faced with the same.

I was part way through studying towards my HE Access to Nursing course with Learn Direct. I had submitted Unit 5 and was overdue to receive a mark or any feedback. I also had my Unit 6 completed and ready to submit.

One week later I checked and all my Units had changed. Unit 5 and 6 had vanished, and the titles of all other units had changed.

I emailed Learn Direct. They advised that they had emailed me three days prior to advise that the entire syllabus had now changed (I checked and there was indeed an email sitting in my spam folder). It is now called the SEG Access to Higher Education Diploma (Nursing). I don't know what SEG means. And all the work that went into Unit 5 and Unit 6 is now wasted.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, as I'm a bit concerned. And I daren't continue if this is going to happen again with no reason, and just a couple days of notice. I'm wondering what SEG means and if it holds the same value as the previous syllabus.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi im doing access to nursing aswell and the exact thing just happened to me. I’m devastated. I signed up for the previous modules, and they should’ve told me if they were planning on changing them when i signed up since I specifically need a certain amount of credits from science based subjects. It’s so deceitful. I completed up to unit 5 but couldn’t submit them since i was struggling with my personal statement on unit 1. I have spent the past month doing nothing but studying and researching ect and since it was all for nothing I’ve lost all motivation to complete this course. The only reason i will continue it is because of the extortionate price i payed. Honestly i dont know how im going to complete it in time for sep 2024 uni entry if i have to start over.

I believe that SEG is the name of the exam board. It stands for skills and education group i think

I hope everything works out for you, i know how hard this course can be but i hope you dont give up!
Oh I am sorry to hear you have experienced this too, but with more units at stake. I have had further communication with Learn Direct and they've highlighted in the letter:

"If you are at the point of sending a draft to your tutor for review, or you are due to submit for marking, then you will need to let your tutor know that you have produced your assignment using the previous version of the assignment brief. They will support and advise you, and mark your submitted assignment, accordingly. You can do this in a message accompanying your draft assignment or add a note in the text box before you submit the assignment for marking."*

I am hoping this means that when it comes to the point of being able to resubmit the unmarked draft, we can send the drafts we've already completed, and write a note to the tutor to advise that these drafts were completed using the previous assignment. I hope this will apply to all drafts you've completed too. It would be worth contacting them if you haven't already, and getting them to clarify in writing to you.

Thanks for confirming re SEG.

Good luck with yours too. I hope everything works out, and don't give up. It sounds like we're in the same position time-wise to get units completed in plenty of time to be able to apply to the 2024 intake. Fingers crossed.
Original post by StudentAccess45
Oh I am sorry to hear you have experienced this too, but with more units at stake. I have had further communication with Learn Direct and they've highlighted in the letter:

"If you are at the point of sending a draft to your tutor for review, or you are due to submit for marking, then you will need to let your tutor know that you have produced your assignment using the previous version of the assignment brief. They will support and advise you, and mark your submitted assignment, accordingly. You can do this in a message accompanying your draft assignment or add a note in the text box before you submit the assignment for marking."*

I am hoping this means that when it comes to the point of being able to resubmit the unmarked draft, we can send the drafts we've already completed, and write a note to the tutor to advise that these drafts were completed using the previous assignment. I hope this will apply to all drafts you've completed too. It would be worth contacting them if you haven't already, and getting them to clarify in writing to you.

Thanks for confirming re SEG.

Good luck with yours too. I hope everything works out, and don't give up. It sounds like we're in the same position time-wise to get units completed in plenty of time to be able to apply to the 2024 intake. Fingers crossed.

Hi, I've just received the email that the syllabus is changing but will be shorter, has anyone seen that it is indeed shorter by any chance?
sorry one more questions, when is the deadline to finish all assigments and appying to university 2024?
Hi,

I think it does work out to be slightly shorter, yes.

If my understanding is correct, I believe for the September 2024 intake, applications have to be submitted via UCAS before the end of January, and the Access qualification has to be achieved by the end of June. Before applying, you must have completed a minimum of 5 units (I think).
Reply 5
omg that sounds annoying im doing an access to he science pathway with learndirect as well but i havent had any issue, i think it might be the access to nursing course only whose modules they have changed. is there anyone here whose doing the access to he science with them as well? i think it might be nice to find some coursemates ,lmk !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending