The Student Room Group

AQA FP4 25th May 2016 Discussion Thread

Welcome!
Date: 25th May 2016
Time: 9am

Please use this thread to ask any questions, discuss revision or post-exam comments.
I am personally resitting MFP4 this year (was part of my AS last year).
Here are some of the harder past papers in my opinion:
1. Jan 12
2. June 12
3. June 15
4. June 13
Douis.net revision website (+ 2015 paper): http://douis.net/FP_4.html
Legacy papers MAP6 (before 2006):http://theallpapers.com/assessment-and-qualifications-alliance/a-level/
Grade Boundaries:
fp4GB.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Doing the FP4 2015 paper as a mock was incredibly annoying, they included reflections in a plane, assumed they'd never do that...

Better to over prepare than under prepare...
Reply 2
Original post by Argylesocksrox
Doing the FP4 2015 paper as a mock was incredibly annoying, they included reflections in a plane, assumed they'd never do that...

Better to over prepare than under prepare...

Yes that was quite surprising when I sat the exam, just skipped it since I had already wasted too much time earlier on. If I can give you a tip, it's practice answering questions fast. True, better to over prepare, within reason.
Original post by Qcomber
Yes that was quite surprising when I sat the exam, just skipped it since I had already wasted too much time earlier on. If I can give you a tip, it's practice answering questions fast. True, better to over prepare, within reason.

Do you happen to know where I can find difficult vector questions? The question on June 12 almost caught me out, don't have much experience with difficult ones...
Reply 4
Do you happen to know where I can find difficult vector questions? The question on June 12 almost caught me out, don't have much experience with difficult ones...

There are many options. The first is to obviously do all the past papers then maybe try questions from other exam boards (inc solomon papers). Then there is the textbook which has some tricky questions.
You can also try to find some questions online, after a quick search i found a few nice questions http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/1474038/vector-questions-involving-lines-and-planes
Here is also a link to a worked solution to the june 12 question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU9QdDlDX8M

Hope this helps at least a bit. If you find some nice questions, please send them to me thanks.
Reply 5
Subbing :biggrin:
I'm not sure why I'm taking this exam at all but lol
Reply 6
Original post by C0balt
Subbing :biggrin:
I'm not sure why I'm taking this exam at all but lol

Do you like fp4? For me yes
Reply 7
Original post by Qcomber
Do you like fp4? For me yes

Yeah, it's my favourite FP module apart from invariant line thing
I can only hope this paper won't be as time pushing as FP3.

I've been wrong before.
Reply 9

I've been wrong before.

^ikr lol
Reply 10

I've been wrong before.

^ikr lol
Reply 11
Just learned today that someone at my school will resitting fp4 for the third time next week. Hope they finally nail it this time.
Original post by Qcomber
Just learned today that someone at my school will resitting fp4 for the third time next week. Hope they finally nail it this time.

This year is already looking to be a bad year for resits.
Does anyone know why in the June 15 paper question 6c you double the t value?
I'm hoping for a B in FP4 as I'm only a Year 12 student but a B has ranged from an achievable 47 all the way to a hopeful 59!

AND PLUS I have a Core 2 exam that morning!
Reply 16
Original post by EwanatTSR
I'm hoping for a B in FP4 as I'm only a Year 12 student but a B has ranged from an achievable 47 all the way to a hopeful 59!

AND PLUS I have a Core 2 exam that morning!

Good luck i had the same setup last year with C2 then FP4. If you have choice i highly recommend doing fp4 first as it requires more focus.
Reply 17
Original post by forestspirit
Does anyone know why in the June 15 paper question 6c you double the t value?

Applying t once gets you from the point to the plane, applying t once more gets you from plane to the reflected point (hence doubling t). Hope im refering to the correct question, as i dont have the paper in front of me.
After the horrible FP3 paper, I'm really worried about this!!
Any ideas about any other questions I could try that would prepare me more for the exam ?
Original post by Roxanne18
After the horrible FP3 paper, I'm really worried about this!!
Any ideas about any other questions I could try that would prepare me more for the exam ?

I don't think there are many super difficult FP4 questions, just pray to your gods that they don't pull an FP3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending