The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by stevenp99
Their was a question with a graph of G against temperature and you had to work out alpha, what did you get and how?

Find the gradient and then substitute any point in the equation, rearrange for alpha.
who got a parabolic curve thingy for the graph's line????????
Original post by haes
Find the gradient and then substitute any point in the equation, rearrange for alpha.

I was doing simultaenous equations at first then i realised, wasted so much time though iverall
Original post by 456CJ
Nah g

Did you get 2.7mm then? If so how did you do it?
For the solar pannel one, yousee the value was 1000kwh in a year.so wat i did was For one hour you therefore had to divide this by the no. of hours in a year. Then divide this by 3600 to get per second
Reply 405
Why was figure 6 better than figure 5
i thiught that exam was pretty good but i did physics this morning because of a reschedule, before aqa told my school about that question 9 thing to cross out and i spent about 8 mins trying to do that question, just guessed in the end but theyll just ignore it anyway
Original post by aacargo
guys why did we choose physics

What I think everyday
Reply 408
Original post by e1l2l3i4e5
Did you get 2.7mm then? If so how did you do it?

As their were 2 lines before the 0
Reply 409
Anyone know why figure 6 was better than 5
Reply 410
For the mass of a fuel decreasing, did people put A- less friction. I simply thought M1 mechanics here.
Original post by Jay_lal
What was the answers for Q2 with the zero error

I got 0.51
Reply 412
Original post by datguy1999
For the solar pannel one, yousee the value was 1000kwh in a year.so wat i did was For one hour you therefore had to divide this by the no. of hours in a year. Then divide this by 3600 to get per second

Yh I'm thinking this is the right method
Original post by 83457
For the mass of a fuel decreasing, did people put A- less friction. I simply thought M1 mechanics here.

Yes and for same reasons
Reply 414
Original post by 83457

I was thinking that with the reaction force decreasing but the max acceleration would also increase as this is when the motive power is max and drag is zero i.e. when the car has just started its journey. So since m is lower but F is constant F/m decreases maybe?
Original post by Sam Webb
Most ******** questions of the day: "How high would a golf ball go if you hit it on the moon?", "How big is a solar panel on mars if you want to make 100W power?"

The golf ball was easy, just use suvat and replace a=9.81 with a=1.6
Reply 416
Original post by mstrcvk
The golf ball was easy, just use suvat and replace a=9.81 with a=1.6

did you get 3?
Original post by katiekat0208
I got around 277 but to be completely honest i had no idea what i was doing haha

I got same but rounded to 300 because of sf
Original post by 11234
did you get 3?

I got 13 so chose 15

Quick Reply

Latest