The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science C4 C5 C6 14th June 2016 Discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Surprisingly, this has been my favourite science exam so far.
I didn't really like that exam, struggled with quite a few questions and just found out about some (pretty big) mistakes i made. what did everybody get for the final question on the titration vs precipitation q?
Reply 62
How was the exam for everyone? Would anyone like to compare a few answers?
forgot to talk abuout breaking and making bonds on the last 6 marker :frown:

hated that question about what experiments should she do..

Otherwise it was okay, not the best, prefererred it to 2015 though.
Original post by louisemayorx
I didn't really like that exam, struggled with quite a few questions and just found out about some (pretty big) mistakes i made. what did everybody get for the final question on the titration vs precipitation q?

On the final question i put left, middle, right

like a diagonal lol

Im sure you've done great!
Reply 65
Original post by realsmilee
forgot to talk abuout breaking and making bonds on the last 6 marker :frown:

hated that question about what experiments should she do..

Otherwise it was okay, not the best, prefererred it to 2015 though.

Yeah, luckily I remembered to do that but it was just the silly one markers that really wound me up (especially at the end)
I'm exceedingly happy because the exam went well for me. I do agree though, the questions were phrased really ambiguously so anything could happen.
Reply 67
Original post by realsmilee
On the final question i put left, middle, right

like a diagonal lol

Im sure you've done great!

Ahhh that's what me and my mates put, it took me ages to simply get what the question was talking about, I got there in the end though lol
Why was there so much salt
What was the obsession with salt
Reply 69
Original post by Deliciate
I'm exceedingly happy because the exam went well for me. I do agree though, the questions were phrased really ambiguously so anything could happen.

It was deffo chlorine forming on the guy's sunglasses?! We have really mixed answers my end but it seems to be the real logical answer...
Original post by Will8
It was deffo chlorine forming on the guy's sunglasses?! We have really mixed answers my end but it seems to be the real logical answer...

Ironically enough, that was the one question that I guessed the answer to because I didn't want to waste time on it seeing as it was a one marker. I've seemed to have forgotten the phrasing of the question, what was it?
Original post by Ella_08
Yup same i don't like additional science, especially after today's exam :frown: it wasn't awful but i just thought it was unfair that they didn't cover the key topics. I did well on the 6 markers i think, but the other 1/2/3 markers i strugged with. I'm officially worried now lol. Hate ocr more than i did yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eurgh today's exam was mean. I didn't like it. I mean the 6 markers were pretty good, but the 2 and 3 markers like you said were awful! 2015s paper was a blessing, why couldn't we have had that :frown:

Also OCR? Sort your spelling out
Original post by Will8

No way was it really chlorine? I put that (I did keep it though luckily) but it really confused me as chlorine's poisonous and irritates eyes? Lol great stuff sunglasses company
Original post by NiamhM1801
Eurgh today's exam was mean. I didn't like it. I mean the 6 markers were pretty good, but the 2 and 3 markers like you said were awful! 2015s paper was a blessing, why couldn't we have had that :frown:

Also OCR? Sort your spelling out

Glad someone feels the same way :/ I had no clue what I was doing. I've definitely got the last question wrong and the first page was nasty. I completely messed up some of the equations too. Uuuh i'm so disappointed. We still have C7

They don't deserve capitals :no:
Reply 74
I really liked that paper funnily enough, a couple things were confusing but not too bad. Did you have to discuss bonds forming vs breaking on the last 6 marker, as im sure that is part of C7. I simply discussed what the graphs showed and what it meant in terms of energy
Reply 75
why did mendeleev rearrange some elements? i mentioned leaving gaps for undiscovered elements
Original post by Mr_Elmo
I really liked that paper funnily enough, a couple things were confusing but not too bad. Did you have to discuss bonds forming vs breaking on the last 6 marker, as im sure that is part of C7. I simply discussed what the graphs showed and what it meant in terms of energy

Bonds aren't mentioned in 4,5,6 so I'm presuming not
Reply 77
Original post by Mr_Elmo

yeah thats what i thought. i mentioned the fact exothermic give out energy etc and then what endothermic do. I didn't link it to the table of energy changes though
Reply 78
Original post by Aishoolimoo
Bonds aren't mentioned in 4,5,6 so I'm presuming not

That's what i thought also but i can't exactly remember the words of the question now
Original post by Ella_08
Did you talk about conducting electricity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that the salt can't conduct electricity and heat because the electrons aren't free to move but the dissolved salt can because the electrons are free to move. However, I know its the ions and not the electrons n an ionic compound. How many marks would I get for saying electrons?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending