The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5080
Reigns has tweeted apologising to fans, family etc. He seems to know he's done wrong. He says: "No excuses. I own it."
Not that it'll change anything by now, but whether WWE remove Reigns from the title match will show how much integrity they have. Or at least whether they have 0.01% integrity or 0.02% integrity.
Reply 5082
Original post by ozzyoscy
Not that it'll change anything by now, but whether WWE remove Reigns from the title match will show how much integrity they have. Or at least whether they have 0.01% integrity or 0.02% integrity.

Orton has failed the Wellness Policy twice, so you imagine it won't affect Reigns too much in terms of his standing in the company.

Best thing WWE can do is turn him heel, give him the strap in his first bout back. The fans will go ballistic.
Agree when he comes back he's gotta go Heel if they don't make him turn heel, that would be absolutely farcical.
Reply 5084
Weird that he'll miss the Brand Extension.

WWE would be smart to keep his show a mystery, and have him pop up at a PPV costing a leading face his match.
Match changed to Ambrose vs Rollins, ref bump, Reigns returns and spears Rollins, pause for a moment, then turns around and Superman Punches Ambrose, then spears him the **** down, Rollins crawls over as ref wakes up and wins.

Next night, Reigns explains he only did it because Ambrose DDTed him (which maybe kept him out for a month), and he wanted to win the title back from Rollins. Ambrose is surprisingly calm and says he understands, because he did the same thing to him last time. They shake hands and say they're even, then Ambrose sucker punches him and beats him quite violently, 'turning heel', even though everyone is cheering.

That would be your standard WWE booking.
Reply 5086
Reigns has the potential, and IMO is worthy pf beong the face of the company. Hpwever, the company wants to make him the face by making him the arse of the company (He said in a Sheamus accent). Hopefully he comes back, amd not neccessarily wins the title, but the fans by turning into a powerhouse heel.

Should really join Paul Heyman.
Reply 5087
Reigns doesn't need Heyman as a mouth-piece imho. His talking is fine - when he's a heel. Look at the "shut up and drink your beer" line on RAW this week.
Haven't seen Raw from this week yet, but the MITB was awesome i was shocked that Ambrose cashed in i thought they were gonna play that out for a while gutted Rollins ain't the Champion again but at the same time i'm glad Ambrose is just need to watch Raw now!!!!
Reply 5089
This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler

Reply 5090
Below is the leaked PPV schedule for the remainder of 2016:

Battleground (July 24)
Summerslam (August 21)
Backlash (September 11)
Clash of Champions (September 25)
No Mercy (October 9)
Hell In A Cell (October 30)
Survivor Series (November 20)
TLC (December 4)
Roadblock (December 18)

SmackDown brand PPVs in blue, RAW in red.
Original post by Mackay
Below is the leaked PPV schedule for the remainder of 2016:

Battleground (July 24)
Summerslam (August 21)
Backlash (September 11)
Clash of Champions (September 25)
No Mercy (October 9)
Hell In A Cell (October 30)
Survivor Series (November 20)
TLC (December 4)
Roadblock (December 18)

SmackDown brand PPVs in blue, RAW in red.

RAW yesterday was pretty good. They made the right decision in mentioning Roman's suspension, and the fact they did suggests the company still hold him in high regards. The Cena/AJ angle on the WWE Title match was ok, but I'm not a fan of these distraction finished (seriously, why do they get so easily distracted? If the other intervenes, surely they get the win via DQ anyway? Especially after AJ had done it to Cena earlier on that night, falling for his own trick was dumb as hell). Sticking to the triple threat was the right decision though.

Also, looks like we're going back to 2 World Titles, because they kept calling Ambrose the "WWE Champion" as opposed to WWE World Heavyweight Champion. They should've stuck to one in my opinion. The sooner Kane retires the better too.
Should they bring back Judgement Day or No way out as well?
And what about the idea of them having a King of the Ring tournament once every year?
Reply 5093
It was a solid RAW. Can't help thinking the main event at Battleground would be better with Cena/AJ shoehorned in, too, though.

Sure, both matches will be stellar as separate entities. Styles and Cena are undoubtedly able to top their last outing (which itself was superb) and Ambrose and Rollins' feud is a programme which can just run and run and run for a decade, a la Michaels vs Triple H.*

But the ambiguity of the title, and which brand it's going to, would hang over the main event. And a four-way match, or five-way if Reigns returns, would leave so many possibilities.

Still, I'm happy with the shape of the Battleground card so far. The four aforementioned superstars did great work last night, especially Rollins, who delivered a stellar promo on the fifth anniversary of CM Punk's pipe bomb.

*Enzo and Big Cass squaring off against the Social Outcasts gives both teams something to do until the brand extension, and ensures a few weeks of great, entertaining promos. Similarly, I wasn't sold by the New Day vs Wyatt Family feud (the latter should have returned as faces), but the promos are great and it's a fresh match up. In truth, the Wyatt Family need gold - and quickly. They've failed to hold a strap since debuting as a faction, bar Harper's all too brief IC title reign.

The Highlight Reel was great, showcasing a more serious side to Zayn. It's hinted the pair are going separate ways when the draft is made - and that's the right decision for me. Keep them apart, keep the match fresh for the future. They've already gone toe to toe a lot.

It looks as if del Rio could be set for a Sheamus feud. It's hard to see the fans investing without one of the them (likely the former) committing to a face turn, but again, they are two solid workers and the matches will be decent. Crews and Cesaro need something to do - quickly.

It's a shame to see the Miz's reign wasted with Kane. Plenty of other superstars need elevating over Kane.*
Reply 5094

Spoiler

Original post by Mackay

Spoiler

Is WWE so short on attention-span and low on writing material that they're literally doing feuds that last minutes these days?

Who the heck is Billie Kay? (Rhetorial question.) I don't watch WWE really and I know all about Bayley, why the hell is everyone else getting called up before? Give that girl the money she's worth.
Reply 5097
Yep, two world titles are coming back. You'd imagine we'll see a second tag-title too.
Reply 5098
This week's SmackDown spoilers.

Spoiler

- Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens had a backstage confrontation.
- WWE intercontinental champion The Miz defeated Kalisto.
- Charlotte and Dana Brooke interrupted a Sasha Banks promo. The Boss vs. Brooke was made official for Raw.
- Sami Zayn def. Chris Jericho. Kevin Owens was in on commentary and inadvertently setup the distraction that would lead to the finish. He would also flatten Zayn with the Pop-up Powerbomb to close out the show.*
Bret Hart needs to take a chill - or a humour - pill...

WWE‬ Hall of Famer Bret Hart went off on Triple H on the latest edition of the Sharpshooter Podcast on Bret Hart Radio.

He said, “I don’t care how many titles Triple H wins. He could never lace my f*cking boots up. Period.”
Why?

Because Triple H had a higher rating than “The Hit Man” in ‪‎WWE2K15‬.

His rant went down while Bret discussed :‪‎WWE2K16‬ with his sons, Blade and Dallas.

Bret: I like the new one. I have some discrepancies with the game a little bit. I went to a thing last Fall when the latest 2K game was coming out. They were telling me how I’m an 85 or something like that and Triple H is a 98. I remember I was like, “Why would he be a 98?” And they go, “Well because he’s the boss and we have to suck up to the boss.” I dunno, he was laughing about it. It kind of pissed me off. I thought, “I don’t care how many titles Triple H wins. He could never lace my f*cking boots up. Period.”

Blade: WOAH! Shots fired!

Bret: He was a very good, medium, mediocre wrestler. He never blew me away with anything that he’s ever done. He’s never come up with much. He’s always been a very decent wrestler that could give you a good match. As far as being like mind blowing…

Dallas: The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be…

Bret: I never saw it. I’ve still never seen it. I’ve seen him in some matches and the whole “4 Out Of 10” thing came out of his match with Lesnar. Which should have been such a good match. It was a mediocre match, if that. That’s where the “4 Out Of 10” comes from. He’s always a guy that will give you a “5 Out Of 10” match every night. He’s going to give you all he can give you and that’s just my opinion. There’s certain guys where you put these video games out and I don’t care. I think you have to do justice to the wrestlers as they were in their careers. It should be based on reality. Not things like who you know in the office. Vince could make him 35 time World Champion and it doesn’t mean he’s 35 times better than everyone else that ever wrestled. He’s just not. As far as the games go I think they should be honest. Someone like Bruno Sammartino should never be a jobber on a video game. So on and so forth. I think you have to pay respect. When I think of a video game I think about how I’d love to have Buddy Rogers versus Ric Flair. Something like that. Where you can wrestle these legends against each other from different periods and stuff. They should always represent the reality of what the wrestling business is and was. It should also include the respect the wrestlers have for each other in the dressing room.

Blade: I’d love to see Grampie in there. I’d love to see you versus Grampie. It’d be a hell of a match.

Bret: I’d take my Dad down so fast! I’d have him in the Sharpshooter so fast!

Meanwhile in TNA..

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest